Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

N7 Joseph Shepard

Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
Reaction score
This is a preview of the Official Man Of Steel tie-in comic that you get for free when you pre-order the Man Of Steel DVD/Blu-ray Combo pack thing.

The only reason I'm posting this in its own topic is because it confirms something thats only been pure speculation........Kara Zor-El does exist in the Man Of Steel universe :D. Who knows, maybe we will actually see her in the movie or in a sequel or something.....unless something happens to her in the comic....this is only a preview after all.

No spoiler tags needed since this is available to anyone on the DC Comics website. http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/0...es-for-free-when-you-pre-order-man-of-steel#1

abyuv3kn.jpg

ackF6OvJ.jpg

adoMYCFz.jpg

acbVRFcz.jpg

abjsHTHW.jpg

*EDIT*

I have changed the topic title to be more open for the other aspects that will be revealed in the tie-in comics, please feel free to post any relevant pics and information :)

Last edited:
This is non-canon.

When you preorder the Blu-Ray Combo Pack or DVD of Man of Steel (PG-13), you'll not only be the first to own the film, but you'll get a free bonus digital comic book written by David Goyer; the writer of Man of Steel and the Dark Knight trilogy of films. You'll also get a free download of three Superman animated episodes (see store for details)

until stated otherwise, this is canon

I love it!

And yes, with Goyer as the writer, I think this is as close to canon as one can get outside of the movie itself.

until stated otherwise, this is canon
Yeah, it says it's written by Goyer, so... At this point in time, I'm viewing it as canon.

So...

Are we to believe that's Kara's scout ship in the film? :eek:

Yeah, it says it's written by Goyer, so... At this point in time, I'm viewing it as canon.

So...

Are we to believe that's Kara's scout ship in the film? :eek:

exactly :)

As for the ship, it could very well be, timeline though is a bit messed up

There are a lot of scoutships! I don't think the one Kara is on is the one crashing on earth before Kal-El. But maybe something goes wrong and the scoutship is stranded in space until it finds earth when Superman is already established.

There are a lot of scoutships! I don't think the one Kara is on is the one crashing on earth before Kal-El. But maybe something goes wrong and the scoutship is stranded in space until it finds earth when Superman is already established.

oh **** I didnt even notice that there was more than one :funny:....rushing a bit too much :p well then, if thats the case, one might be the one that crashes in/near the artic and becomes the Fortress, and I guess Kara's will crash in the ocean and become the Sanctuary :p

I'm guessing this is either hinting at her appearance in the movie (maybe a small cameo or after credits scene - if DC actually starts doing these) or this comic strip is already foreshadowing the sequel. Either way, that's excellent!

Maybe she's even mentioned in the movie. Or is IN the movie. They did say there are secrets and surprises in this movie nobody knows anything about. Lex is hinted to be in the movie yet we have no idea how or when or who exactly will play him.

How can this be canon? Supergirl is a b-list character, and this would dumb down the significance of Clark, being the only El survivor.

this is totally canon....it's written by Goyer for crying out loud. I hope we see a small cameo from her in this movie....that would be awesome

How can this be canon? Supergirl is a b-list character, and this would dumb down the significance of Clark, being the only El survivor.

not if they stay strue to the comics like I hope they do and go the Superman/Batman route where she crashes in Gotham Harbor or what have you

Maybe we'll get Supergirl in the sequel with Brainiac and Lex as villains. :hmm

Also all the tie-in comics from the old Batman films stayed close to the film. I hopefully expect Kara to be at least mentioned if not seen in MoS.

no where does it say that Superman is the "Last El survivor", hell even in the comics they have dropped the whole "last of his whole race" thing since that would just plain be impossible by a race of beings that have the ability to travel through space.

Superman is still "The Last SON of Krypton", but not that absolute last Kryptonian and him having a little bit of family does not hurt him in the slightest, its gives him something to hold onto, he's suppose to be a beacon of hope, how can he be with some hope of his own and how better to convay that by saying "hey guess what, you still have an actual blood relative out there"

Well we know for sure Kryptonians have been on earth before Kal-El's arrival and since the ship seems to be so big I'd say it was long before we had any type of modern technology. This could very much be them or her, or maybe she's part of the group...

8CdJlAX.png

EDIT: I hate LAG! :cmad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"