Running Time Confusion

Well I guess that settles it.

Never underestimate or believe the BS that Fox spills out.

I'm itching to say "where is your finished film now?", but I won't. Wait, I just did.

FOX...Rothman, you greedy lying ****ing ***hole...you snake in the grass *****ebag.

Yeah, that'll really make them start telling the truth from now on! :p :o

yeah well...but if felt really good to type. :cmad:

And he deserves it!

The guy is a straight up liar. I mean...I knew he's been dishonorable about other movies and what not...but I never new he would just lie through is teeth like that.

what a *****e...

I've really been unhappy with FOX in the past for Firefly, Storm Cloud Galactus, Baraka-pool...and several other stupid moves...but this is pretty much the nail in the coffin for me. Screw you Rothman. Screw you FOX.

Last edited:
I genuinely hope someone publicly confronts Rothman about this. There should be boycotts.

I genuinely hope someone publicly confronts Rothman about this. There should be boycotts.

Boycotts from fanboys won't amount to much when this movie like X-3 has a great opening weekend. A lot of the GA doesn't always care about pacing and character depth a good amount of the time(seeing how well some subpar to lame films have done at the BO). All they usually want is a fun and good time at the movies, which this movie will probably deliver for them. Fox will make a profit and greenlight a sequel and this will start all over again.

Last edited:
Boycotts from fanboys won't amount to much when this movie like X-3 has a great opening weekend.A lot of the GA doesn't always care about pacing and character depth a good amount of the time(seeing how well some subpar to lame films have done at the BO). All they usually want is a fun and good time at the movies, which this movie will probably deliver for them. Fox will make a profit and greenlight a sequel and this will start all over again.

And I completely disagree about the general audience, I think you're underestimating them. Otherwise, why would Fox have a "no review" clause in their screenings? Companies only do that to protect their box office numbers. They know that bad reviews and bad films have a good chance of stinkbombing.

Besides, I didn't mean boycott the film being crap. There should be boycotts for their blatantly dishonest tactics. They crossed a very, very wide line.

There is a lot of stuff in the commercials that will not make the movie. X3 had a lot of dialogue that was changed or cut. TDK had a lot of different takes on the same dialogue. So what you see in the tv spots doesn't mean you will see it in the movie.
I know that Chesater, I was just pointing out one of the differences because CelticPredator said they didn't notice ANY differences between the work print or the trailers.

I know that Chesater, I was just pointing out one of the differences because CelticPredator said they didn't notice ANY differences between the work print or the trailers.
None of that matters anymore as the work print is apparently the actual film.:csad:

And I completely disagree about the general audience, I think you're underestimating them. Otherwise, why would Fox have a "no review" clause in their screenings? Companies only do that to protect their box office numbers. They know that bad reviews and bad films have a good chance of stinkbombing.

Besides, I didn't mean boycott the film being crap. There should be boycotts for their blatantly dishonest tactics. They crossed a very, very wide line.

Disagree all you want but statistically the proof is in the pudding. More times than not, big mindless summer fluff will make boat loads at the BO. I'll bring up a film like Paul Blart, wasn't even a summer film and it did extremely well and it looked to be pretty mindless and dumb.

Companies do do that to protect their BO numbers I agree. That still doesn't mean the majority of GA actually always listen to reviewers.

I know this is early to wonder about, but do you think there will be a lot of extended scenes on the DVD release?

:(

Lauren Shuller said there were hardly any deleted scenes so no.

Lauren Shuller said there were hardly any deleted scenes so no.
Isn't this whole topic about the producers lying? :p

And if they are not deleted, and they are not in the film, what the hell are thos scenes?

Isn't this whole topic about the producers lying? :p

And if they are not deleted, and they are not in the film, what the hell are thos scenes?

They never existed. We've been lied to for quite some time now...

Disagree all you want but statistically the proof is in the pudding. More times than not, big mindless summer fluff will make boat loads at the BO. I'll bring up a film like Paul Blart, wasn't even a summer film and it did extremely well and it looked to be pretty mindless and dumb.

Companies do do that to protect their BO numbers I agree. That still doesn't mean the majority of GA actually always listen to reviewers.

It's not always the case. Its a lot more of a dice roll. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks whether Wolverine met projections.

It will make a lot the first week but bad w.o.m. and Star Trek opening the next week then Terminator will kill the legs of this film.

Then you either A.) didn't watch the workprint and just mindlessly bash it for the sake of bashing it or B.) did watch it, but didn't gather in everything.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say B.

But trust me, there are MAJOR selling points of the trailers, and TV spots, that are not in the work print. There is one thing in particular that has been in just about every piece of promo since the comic-con trailer that didn't make it into the work print.

Rarwl.

Anyway, would you like me to tell you EVERYTHING about the movie? Every scene, every moronic line? Every lame moment in the film?

Cuz I'll do it sir. And while there might be some new stuff, I dont see it. Aside from the beach scene, and "Show off".

Why would he take her to the beach? That just furthers the plot hole.

Isn't the beach scene just an alternate take of a scene in the film? Or am I crazy?

yeah i think the background was replaced and they made a sunset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"