Running Time Now Official

Strgts said:
But for examble the Bobby & Kitty Scenes which was said was left out at that one Critics Screening thats heavy sfx required now is it

Well, I don't know, I was taking a guess. All I have to say is that the runtime at the premiere was 2 hours. I'm not even sure if that scene was in the 2 hour cut anyways. It could be other footage that was added back in. But the cut at the premiere was indeed 2 hours according to Darkie at XMF, who is very trustworthy.

neemer5 said:
the film will likely have a ton of eye candy.

& we know what happens when Films try to depend on Eye Candy only. King Kong is a good examble as to what

Retroman said:
Iceman greets the kids in the teaser trailer. He's wearing the same clothes as that still. It looks like he's been 'promoted' (if it is a still) so thats why he's standing with Beast and Storm like its the first school day post-war, smiling.
We'll see.:)

Yup, could be :up:

Downhere said:
Well, I don't know, I was taking a guess. All I have to say is that the runtime at the premiere was 2 hours. I'm not even sure if that scene was in the 2 hour cut anyways. It could be other footage that was added back in. But the cut at the premiere was indeed 2 hours according to Darkie at XMF, who is very trustworthy.

Yet now the Official Running time is 103 & these guys get this information directly from FOX. Darkie being trustworthy means nothing at this point. FOX is playing with alot of fire here

Strgts said:
& we know what happens when Films try to depend on Eye Candy only. King Kong is a good examble as to what

Ahem, KK was not eyecandy only. That movie had heart.

Endeavor said:

I loved KK.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I enjoyed every second of the movie, and the movie flew by fast.

WorthyStevens4 said:
I loved KK.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I enjoyed every second of the movie, and the movie flew by fast.

Ditto
But I don't mind long movies as long as they're well done. I loved every single one of the LOTR trilogy and I would have loved them if they were 5 hours long each. I know a lot of people don't share that though.

I think after X3 FOX should give Marvel back the X-Men rights. They can keep Wolverine for all I care & Marvel re starts this Series the right way & with The Original 5 for the first new Trilogy & while Marvels Movies focus's on The Original 5 FOX can have Wolverine

Strgts said:
Yet now the Official Running time is 103 & these guys get this information directly from FOX. Darkie being trustworthy means nothing at this point. FOX is playing with alot of fire here

I don't know, they could have gotten that runtime from the press screenings. Clocking it...either way they could just be getting a shorter cut period. To me it makes sense, it may not turn out that way but makes sense. The press screenings were earlier in the month, the premiere was later, they had more time to finish whatever it was that needed finishing.

I think we will get the 2 hour cut, we will really know by next week I think.

Endeavor said:
Even though it was too long, the ending broke my heart. :(

I saw King Kong, like, 3 times in theaters...

So, that says alot... :D

-TNC

Downhere said:
I don't know, they could have gotten that runtime from the press screenings. Clocking it...either way they could just be getting a shorter cut period. To me it makes sense, it may not turn out that way but makes sense. The press screenings were earlier in the month, the premiere was later, they had more time to finish whatever it was that needed finishing.

I think we will get the 2 hour cut, we will really know by next week I think.
The Film classification people get the final print. It needs to go through them first thats the rules.

TNC9852002 said:
I saw King Kong, like, 3 times in theaters...

So, that says alot... :D

-TNC
Nine hours! :eek:

Aiden said:
KK was so..*yawns*...*sleeps*

Short attention span eh? :p

I enjoyed King Kong and found it to be much more emotional. I don't know, this one was and is so much sadder than the previous ones.

It seems like X-Men will suffer what the usual 3rd Part of Movies suffer from.

Suckage

Why do people keep comparing this to King Kong?? I didn't want a THREE hour movie but at least a TWO hour movie. This is ridiculous. Fox strikes again. Did Ratner say they only cut 30 seconds?? Bull****. :)

Strgts said:
It seems like X-Men will suffer what the usual 3rd Part of Movies suffer from.

Suckage
The reviews so far, say differently...

If X3 is even only as good as X1, then that's far from any kind of suckage in my book...

-TNC

RedIsNotBlue said:
Why do people keep comparing this to King Kong?? I didn't want a THREE hour movie but at least a TWO hour movie. This is ridiculous. Fox strikes again. Did Ratner say they only cut 30 seconds?? Bull****. :)
Why would FOX have anything to do with X3's running time? I mean, what kept X2 from being under 2 hours?

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
The reviews so far, say differently

Actually the reviews are VERY MIXED. So obviously not everyones going to like this film.

TNC9852002 said:
Why would FOX have anything to do with X3's running time? I mean, what kept X2 from being under 2 hours?

-TNC

True.

And honestly, look at Ratner's track record. All of his more action-oriented movies have been around 97 minutes.

Strgts said:
Actually the reviews are VERY MIXED. So obviously not everyones going to like this film.

Actually, there have been more positive reviews than negatives...

Retroman said:
The Film classification people get the final print. It needs to go through them first thats the rules.

Why would they show a 2 hour cut at the premiere though? It doesn't make sense.

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC

Fox's editors and restrictions.

X2 got the time it needed because Singer had clout from the first movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Singer threatened to leave if he didn't get certain things the second time around.

This was really what I was expecting. Especially after Mirko said it would be around somewhere around 90 minutes without credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"