Ryan Coogler or Ava Duvernay

You could make the case he's made the best or 2nd best "Rocky" film and the best Marvel film.

I'm that weirdo whose favorite Rocky movie is the second one. Then the first one, and then Creed I guess.

Rocky 2 is pretty good. The first one will always reign supreme for me though. Creed and Balboa are Great.

**** the rest.

I'm glad you said it first.

Heh I look forward to the inevitable Barry Jenkins or Steve McQueen thread later this year when Widows and If Beal Street Could Talk hit theaters.

Coogler gets credit for writing one of the most critically acclaimed and successful superhero movies in history.
You can argue Creed vs Selma puts the two on equal terms but BP puts Coogler in another stratosphere.

We're talking about an IP that should've been recieved like Dr Strange and making it bigger than Star Wars and Avengers.

It seems as though his momentum is carrying over into his next project. It's interesting how some careers take a wild turn.

Did you post that... Just to post?

So meaningless.

Pop quiz... Do you even know what Coogler's next film is or what it's subject matter is about?

Rocky is easily one of my 5 favorite films. As for the 2nd best film in the series, I would say Creed was my second favorite, but of the direct Rocky sequels, I actually prefer Rocky III to the other sequels.

Rocky 1-4 just kept getting better. Creed was great. And bp was great. I feel Ava needs The New Gods to do well.

Why are we making two directors of color who've broken into the mainstream compete?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"