Sadness for Wii

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I thought this was sadness over the worst video game console name in human history, hahaha.

that would be Virtual Boy.

New Sadness Wii details revealed
Wednesday 14-Feb-2007 11:49 AM The silence is broken on mysterious Nibris-developed Wii thriller
Finally, new details for Sadness on Wii have emerged after months of worrying silence.

The mysterious survival thriller for Wii will have to take on the roll of Maria having just survived a serious train crash, the latest issue of Game Informer reveals.

Maria has to watch over her little brother, Alexander, who was unfortunately blinded during the crash, but things take an X-Files-style turn when Alexander starts acting "odd".

Without weapons, Maria and Alexander have to make use of environmental objects in their struggle to survive the chilling events that await.

Although still we're still light on actual gameplay info, at least these emerging details confirm that work on the elusive thriller is ongoing, in a top-secret underground base, we assume

Wonderful, Nintedo must be in hot water if they have broken their policy of "fun" games and "cute" games. Is the Nintendo drought that bad?
Oh I forgot, the graphics will be still sub-par because Nintendo convinced all of its fanboys to sacrifice graphics for happy gimicky fun time.

Wonderful, Nintedo must be in hot water if they have broken their policy of "fun" games and "cute" games. Is the Nintendo drought that bad?
Oh I forgot, the graphics will be still sub-par because Nintendo convinced all of its fanboys to sacrifice graphics for happy gimicky fun time.

Drowning in those tears yet? :whatever:

screenshot_195805.jpg

New Sadness Wii screen
Monday 14-Apr-2008 11:49 AM Nibris's horror game/psychological thriller looking very graphite
Nibris's Sadness has been kicking around for so long, when it was originally unveiled Nintendo's Wii was still known under its codename Revolution.

But it ain't dead - yet - and the developer's released the very first in-game screenshot. And yes, that really is black and white. Your eyes aren't deceiving you. Nibris has said in the past that the game is a tribute to pre-World War I cinema...

Sadness is a psychological thriller/horror game in which players "will need to confront their greatest fears and protect themselves in hopes of not getting trapped inside the main character's nightmare", according to latest details.

The developer promises that the game has eight different endings depending on your actions during the event, and adds that the Wii Remote and Nunchuck "control the main character's hands so players feel as though they are in the psychological thriller."

No release date yet for Sadness, but it's definitely scoring high on our weird-o-meter.

it should have quick, subliminal cut shots in game of scary screens of random monsters to give people random jumps.

I still think it won't happen. Nibris is a joke that just doesn't want to admit the game is dead in the water. :(

I want this game, badly. Nintendo are awesome at Survial Horror...look at Eternal Darkness you fools :cmad:

I'm scared already.

I played Fear a while ago but stopped because the tension, even if nothing was happening at a particular time, and the atmosphere - the idea of something happening, is a bit too much for me. :o

so, i rarely laugh out loud while reading comments and what not on the threads. but the comments about the "carnivag" and all the other names for "it" made me laugh for a good 5 minutes....... oh and the game looks kick ass.

Sadness to be Powered by Gamebryo Engine
April 19, 2008 at 9:58 PDT – Source: Press Release

The long-awaited, much-touted horror adventure title will feature cutting edge black-and-white graphics.
Sadness will be the first entirely black-and-white game developed exclusively for Wii. The horror adventure title is being built on Emergent's Gamebryo development platform to push the graphics capabilities of the Wii. The stylish crime noir thriller is set just before the outbreak of World War I and will feature eight different endings. There is still no word on a release date.

Gamebryo Breathes Life Into Wii's First Black-And-White Horror Title

Highly-Anticipated Wii Game, Sadness, Chooses Emergent's Gamebryo

CALABASAS, Calif. (April 14, 2008) – Emergent Game Technologies announced today that the highly-anticipated psychological thriller Sadness for Wii™ is being built on the Gamebryo game development platform. The first Wii title to be presented entirely in black-and-white is in development by Poland-based game studio Nibris. Taking place prior to World War I, Sadness is a crime noir thriller with richly detailed characters and an engaging storyline.

"Without a doubt, Gamebryo is the most powerful engine available for the Wii. After getting familiar with the engine several months ago we made the decision to choose Gamebryo. Since then, our team has been working on Sadness and we are quite impressed," said Tomasz Wisniowski, Project Manager of Nibris. "We will have quite a few graphical effects in our game, which some believe are impossible to attain on the Wii. Gamebryo helped make it possible. We are firmly convinced we made the right choice."

"From the early stages of pre-production with Sadness, Nibris realized that they would need development technology that allowed for an extreme amount of flexibility in the creative process, which is a cornerstone of the Gamebryo framework," said Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent. "Sadness is designed to push the bounds of Wii technically and creatively. We are thrilled to be a part of Nibris’ ground-breaking product. We’re really looking forward to playing Sadness on Wii."

Gamebryo gives Nibris’ developers a considerable head start by implementing numerous Wii development features that do not typically come with standard SDKs. Loaded with rendering and animation tools, a Wii-specific viewer, extensive libraries and APIs to simplify pipeline integration, Gamebryo provides Wii teams everything they need to optimize and deliver visually stunning games on time and on budget.

Sadness is a horror adventure game aimed at adults with strong nerves. Players will need to confront their greatest fears and protect themselves in hopes of not getting trapped inside the main character’s nightmare. The game has eight different extreme endings each with their own premise, which are assigned to a player based on specific factors during the game. To compliment the intense gameplay, the Wii-mote and Wii Nunchuk control the main character’s hands so players feel as though they are in the psychological thriller.

Well they've got me sold, hopefully a late '08 release but probably not.

Eight different EXTREME endings huh? SUUUUURRRRGGGEEEE! DO THE DEW!!!! EXTREME!!!!!!

er...sorry :o

Sadness dated for autumn '09
Thursday 3-Jul-2008 10:34 AM We could code the game in Basic faster than that
Polish videogame developer Nibris has revealed that its survival horror Wii game Sadness will be released next autumn.

We exclusively revealed the game in 2006, back in the days when the Wii was still called the Revolution.

"Nibris expects to have Sadness out the - no doubt ominously creaking - door in 2007," we wrote. A bit wide of the mark then. Oh well...

The severe delay to the title has caused many to label the game as vapourware. Personally we hope that's not the case. If you look at the official website you can see some new screens that look extremely promising.

http://nibris.net/projekty_sadness_en.html#

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"