Saint Seiya live action movie

MarvelFan

The Nine-tailed White Fox
Reaction score
Cast has been already confirmed.
Arata Mackenyuu (who played Yukishiro Enishi in Rurouni Kenshin The Final) cast as Seiya.

If done right, I hope this can expand until the Asgard Chapter and Poseidon Chapter.

Asgard Chapter is my favorite!

But first, I am really exciting to see the Bronze Knights take on the 12 Gold Knights in the first movie first!

Feels like a got damn fever dream

Sean Bean and Famke Jenssen?

I.... I don't even...
I'm a major Saint Seiya fan, and I had absolutly no idea that this was even in the works!!
What the....

I.... I don't even...
I'm a major Saint Seiya fan, and I had absolutly no idea that this was even in the works!!
What the....

Yeah...it came suddenly and out of nowhere..haha.

Feels like a got damn fever dream

Sean Bean and Famke Jenssen?

Sean Bean will be playing the live action version of head of the Kido family (He is supposed to be Japanese in the anime though but race changing is nothing new in Hollywood, I guess..haha).

Famke Jenssen I guess is playing Saori (Athena). Though she is adopted into Kido family in anime but considering she is a reincarnation of Greek goddess, I dont mind she is playing by Western actress. But then again I think she is too old for the role though. There is no information of who she is actually playing at this moment

In case anyone missing the link I shared above.
Here is the overall news:

(From: animenewsnetwork.com)

Live-Action Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac Film Unveils Cast, Staff
posted on 2021-09-21 19:53 EDT by Egan Loo
Mackenyu, Madison Iseman, Sean Bean, Famke Janssen star in film helmed by Tomasz Baginski
The Hollywood Reporter posted the cast and staff for the live-action film of Masami Kurumada's Saint Seiya manga on Tuesday. It also noted that the project, titled Knights of the Zodiac, is "coming off of wrapping production" in Hungary and Croatia.

cast.jpg

The film stars Mackenyu (Pacific Rim: Uprising, Rurouni Kenshin Saishūshō The Final, live-action Chihayafuru films, center in photographs above), Madison Iseman (Jumanji sequels, I Know What You Did Last Summer television series, third from left), Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, The Lord of the Rings, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Snowpiercer series, second from left), Famke Janssen (X-Men, Taken, The Vault, second from right), Nick Stahl (Fear the Walking Dead, far left), Diego Tinoco (On My Block, third from right), and Mark Dacascos (John Wick: Parebellum, Hawaii Five-O, Crying Freeman, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, Iron Chef America, far right).

Polish animator and special effects creator Tomasz Baginski (Academy Award-nominated short animation "Katedra," The Witcher) is directing for Toei with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. Andy Cheng (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings) is the stunt coordinator and fight coordinator. Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken (10 Cloverfield Lane) are the latest writers of the film script. Toei is distributing in Japan, and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions is distributing outside Japan except in China and the Middle East.

The Hollywood Reporter describs the film's story:

In what is labeled an origin story, Mackenyu is starring as Seiya, a street orphan and the title hero of the franchise. When a mystical energy known as Cosmo awakens in him, Seiya embarks on a journey to conquer the ancient Greek armor of Pegasus and choose his side in a preternatural battle for the fate of Sienna (Iseman), a young girl who struggles to control her godly powers.
Bean plays a mentor named Alman Kiddo, a man who recruits Seiya into the Knights order, which he founded when he discovered the reincarnated goddess. Tinoco is a man hired to kill the vulnerable goddess.

25685.jpg
Kurumada published the original Saint Seiya manga from 1986 to 1990. The manga has inspired a number of television anime, original video anime projects, anime films, and spinoff manga. The original series has 35 million copies in print. The Saint Seiya: Saintia Shō spinoff manga also has an anime.

Viz Media published the original manga in English under the title Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac. ADV Films released Toei Animation's anime adaptation with an English dub under the title Knights of the Zodiac, and later released it unedited under the title Saint Seiya. New Video Group later also released the series on DVD

For me though...considering this is a Hollywood production, I kinda expecting the race changing for some characters.

But for the 12 Gold Saint Knights though (should they appear in the movie)...I hope they will be cast properly as they are in the anime. Virgo Gold Knight (Shaka) is Japanese, Libra Knight (Douko) is Chinese, Sagitarius and Leo (Aolios and Aolia) are Greek, Taurus (Aldebaraan) is Brazilian, etc.

Last edited:
I will be honest...I am not grown up that much in Saint Seiya. There are only few anime or manga titles from Showa era that stuck with me.

I just caught up with this title just 6 years ago when Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold (spinoff series starring the 12 Gold Saint Knights) first aired here in 2015. Thats my first contact with Saint Seiya and from there, I am learning more about the classic and previous series. Thats why I am more concern of what and how they handle the 12 Gold Knights more than the main 5 Bronze Knights characters. Haha.

The movie announcement makes me want to rewatch Soul of Gold again. This opening song is just so epic...The 12 Gold Knights are just so coolll!!!

Can never be upset with Dacascos getting work.

I need to fully watch the Kamen Rider:Dragon Knight series someday.

Lets face it, the cast isn't exactly one to draw a lot of attention, even if there are a lot of recoganizable names.

So, 3 movies before the temple saga begins and then 12 movies, one for each knight?

Nice.

This sounds like a terrible idea. This also sounds like one of those weird international movies based on a recognizable property with a cast of some known names but the movie will be an abomination.

IE Dead or Alive: The Movie; Tekken: The Movie; King of Fighters: The Movie.

Lets face it, the cast isn't exactly one to draw a lot of attention, even if there are a lot of recoganizable names.

FYI, Madison Iseman and Sean Bean's characters in the original version are Japanese. In other words, this is whitewashing.

Last edited:
FYI, Madison Iseman and Sean Bean's characters in the original version are Japanese. In other words, this is whitewashing.

Just Sean Bean's character.

Madison's character Saori/Sienna is technically Greek ( she's the reincarnation of Athena) but raised in Japan.

But yeah I do not foresee this movie doing well or being good. I do like the cast though....

WTB Shaina in the movie.

Just Sean Bean's character.

Madison's character Saori/Sienna is technically Greek ( she's the reincarnation of Athena) but raised in Japan.

But yeah I do not foresee this movie doing well or being good. I do like the cast though....

WTB Shaina in the movie.

I mean I like Sean Bean and Mark Dascasos but there are a lot of red flags and warning signs I'm getting here. I mean Nick Stahl?

Also where are the other Knights?

This is supposed to be an origin story for Seiya so I guess that explains why the others are absent. Which is very dumb because this should be an ensemble...

And Sean Bean getting typecast again as the
dead character of the film.

:lmao:

I still find it hilarious that this movie has been made. And we're going to get a trailer in like 2 days.

The trailer, and this movie does exist. It is pretty much what it is.

Making almost any anime adaptation colorless is just an idiotic move.

I guess they’re not the worst video game graphics I’ve ever seen…

Looks bad though. The colorlessness is indeed idiotic. And minimal dialogue in the trailer. As if everything else about this movie didn’t make it obvious that it’s not going to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"