Saint's Row X Box 360 hands on

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/705/705933p1.html

In addition to GTA with exclusive content, 360 seems to have a lot of GTA 'inspired' games, including the truly brilliant looking Crackdown and this, Saint's Row.

It sounds very promising, with features that even GTA doesn't have as yet (fraud, and the ability to take your gang online). One to watch

I love Grand Theft Auto, but there's one thing I hate about it:

The copy cat rip-off games that followed it trying to cash in on Grand Theft Auto's popularity.

hippie_hunter said:
I love Grand Theft Auto, but there's one thing I hate about it:

The copy cat rip-off games that followed it trying to cash in on Grand Theft Auto's popularity.

That's a little unfair.

GTA was a genuine innovation; so why not use it? Would you rather everything be boxed in and linear? Some games that works for, but we have had a lot of great sandbox games since GTA. I mean whats the point of innovating if it can't be embraced?

Mercenaries was awesome. Incredible Hulk and Spidey 2 were fantastic games. Gun and Destroy all Humans were good too, especially Gun's taste of the wild west type gameplay. True Crime 2's NY was even more alive than san andreas IMO in some ways.

GTA will always be the innovator, but its a little unfair to say every other title are rip offs. Its more like embracing the gameplay ideas. Many of these games have little in common with gta aside from the sand box idea (HUlk, Gun and Mercenaries especially).

I personally think the sandbox is a great boon to gamers and isn't nessicary a cheap rip off.

i think the only things that can be considered GTA rip-offs are wide open games that put emphasis on stealing cars...

...other than that, all bets are off. we've always wanted a game where you could travel almost anywhere and do almost anything.....GTA was just the first to do that.

Horrorfan said:
That's a little unfair.

GTA was a genuine innovation; so why not use it? Would you rather everything be boxed in and linear? Some games that works for, but we have had a lot of great sandbox games since GTA. I mean whats the point of innovating if it can't be embraced?

Mercenaries was awesome. Incredible Hulk and Spidey 2 were fantastic games. Gun and Destroy all Humans were good too, especially Gun's taste of the wild west type gameplay. True Crime 2's NY was even more alive than san andreas IMO in some ways.

GTA will always be the innovator, but its a little unfair to say every other title are rip offs. Its more like embracing the gameplay ideas. Many of these games have little in common with gta aside from the sand box idea (HUlk, Gun and Mercenaries especially).

I personally think the sandbox is a great boon to gamers and isn't nessicary a cheap rip off.

I'm talking about ripping off Grand Theft Auto with the crime and gang themes, stealing cars etc. Like True Crime, Godfather, and Driver 3. This looks like another GTA-Rip-Off, possibly one that doesn't suck though

hippie_hunter said:
I'm talking about ripping off Grand Theft Auto with the crime and gang themes, stealing cars etc. Like True Crime, Godfather, and Driver 3. This looks like another GTA-Rip-Off, possibly one that doesn't suck though

How else could you have done Godfather though?

I dunno, GTA doesn't have the exclusivity on 'crime'. And in Godfather you are playing to become the don, and in NY you are playing a cop,...

I dunno I just don't see the point of making innovations if it cant be used a little, thats all.

"Using it a little" is one thing. Making the same game with a slightly diffrent theme is another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"