Sam Raimi - 'Drag Me To Hell'

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
244.raimi.sam.100506.jpg
16337901-16337905-large.jpg

Sam Raimi has directed a couple of horror movies in the past such as Evil Dead 1 and 2, The Gift and Army Of Darkness and now he is set to direct Drag Me to Hell. Raimi will be returning to the horror genre after spending the last few years directing a small trilogy known as Spiderman. Oscar nominated actress Ellen Page has joined to lead the cast, according to Variety. Ellen has recently stared in Juno and played Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) in X-Men 3. The film is described as ‘a morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse’, which I am guessing is Ellen Page. To see Ellen in a horror movie is going to be interesting. We know she can do comedy, drama and action but we haven’t seen that lovely face of hers shriek in fear, and who else better to do that with than Sam Raimi?
http://filmonic.com/sam-raimi-will-drag-ellen-page-into-hell
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117980594.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

I wonder if this film will have a vibe from other classic Raimi movies like: Evil Dead & Darkman. I personally hope it does because I love those two films.

I don't know how I feel about Raimi anymore.

Supernatural curse? This may turn out to be just like all the recent Japanese horror remakes like "The Grudge" and "The Eye".

In other words, to quote Han Solo, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

The film is described as ‘a morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse’, which I am guessing is Ellen Page. To see Ellen in a horror movie is going to be interesting. We know she can do comedy, drama and action but we haven’t seen that lovely face of hers shriek in fear, and who else better to do that with than Sam Raimi?

Funny, I thought Hard Candy was a horror film.

Supernatural curse? This may turn out to be just like all the recent Japanese horror remakes like "The Grudge" and "The Eye".

Well, let's not forget that Raimi is a good friend with Bruce Campbell who therefore doesn't believe in PG-13 horror flicks so although it may not be perfect, it won't be as demented as those films.

over the top horror movie?
how can this make money?
it wont.

I might see it, if only for the awesomeness of Ellen Page. And, you know, the movies Raimi made before Spider-Man 3.

Sounds interesting, Page is very talented and a new non-Spidey. Raimi movie is a cool prospect.

over the top horror movie?
how can this make money?
it wont.

Are you an accountant or a would be ILM programmer ? :huh:

This sounds good, and thank God this isn't Spider-Man 4. :up:
653.gif

Looking to see how Raimi does back to directing Horror.

Sounds interesting, Page is very talented and a new non-Spidey. Raimi movie is a cool prospect.

Are you an accountant or a would be ILM programmer ? :huh:
hahah good one.

i am laughing :hehe:

Except it's not a Japanese remake, which means it already has something going for it.

Three things, with Raimi and Page.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42486

Ellen Page Won't be Going to Hell

Source: ShockTillYouDrop.com
March 1, 2008

ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that Ellen Page is no longer available for director Sam Raimi's supernatural thriller Drag Me to Hell due to scheduling conflicts caused by a change in the start date of the production. The film, co-written by Sam and Ivan Raimi, is a morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse.

Go here for an official statement from Ghost House Pictures and Mandate Pictures about Ellen Page.

This should be good!

I have one question: Will Sam ever find a suit that fits him properly?

I really like this new girl thats replacing her. Alison Lohman, She was really good in Macthstickmen and Big Fish.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42543

Alison Lohman is replacing Ellen Page in the lead role of Sam Raimi's supernatural thriller Drag Me to Hell at Universal Pictures.

Page had been poised to topline the Ghost House Pictures/Mandate Pictures project but stepped aside due to scheduling conflicts.

The film, which will mark Raimi's first helming effort since Spider-Man 3, is a morality tale about the unwitting recipient of a supernatural curse.

Shooting in Los Angeles is scheduled to begin March 31, two weeks later than the pic's original start date. Raimi wrote the screenplay with his brother Ivan.

Rob Tapert, Grant Curtis and Josh Donen are producing. Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake executive produce.

Lohman, whose credits include Matchstick Men and Big Fish, recently appeared in Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf and Things We Lost in the Fire.

i like me some page, but i love me some lohman. :o

Lohman is a good actress but after Juno and them throwing around arguments about great masters of camp gore horror, seeing her in a Sam Raimi horror movie really appealed to me. I wish she had dropped the Barrymore skating movie instead which sounds horrible. But it is obvious which will make more money and help her rising star status, so I cannot blame her.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to this movie and Lohman is a good actress. Raimi is a king of horror and just because some of you didn't like SM3, it is shameful that you turn your backs on him so quickly like most sheep in internet communities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"