The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's probably not on his mind when being interviewed or he just doesn't want to say anything so as to not receive scrutiny.

What's not on his mind? He was specifically talking about Batman Begins.

©KAW;24170955 said:
Horrible examples. Those characters were made for TV fluff. I rank them with Dawson's Creek, The OC or any CW TV series. Which is my major beef with The Avengers, the director limits the actors' acting abilities, where he thinks he can make up for it through big action scenes.

You have some quite unbelievable posts most of the time and this is definitely one of them. You know nothing of how great of a writer Whedon is if you call it "TV fluff" and to even compare ONE movie, that didn't need to develop the characters that much because of previous solo films, to any Michael Bay flick. And also, you couldn't even be more wrong because we definitely got a much better take on Evan's Captain America, Johansson's Black Widow and of course a much better crafted Bruce Banner.

You have some quite unbelievable posts most of the time and this is definitely one of them. You know nothing of how great of a writer Whedon is if you call it "TV fluff" and to even compare ONE movie, that didn't need to develop the characters that much because of previous solo films, to any Michael Bay flick. And also, you couldn't even be more wrong because we definitely got a much better take on Evan's Captain America, Johansson's Black Widow and of course a much better crafted Bruce Banner.

:applaud

©KAW;24171059 said:
He's not a strong director in directing actors and getting a really good performance out of them movie-wise. The Avengers were acting as if they were in an episode of Smallsville.

Okay, now you've become the only person to think this.

In all fairness the Spider-Man trilogy made over 2 billion total. Not a lot worse than the Dark Knight trilogy. He was wrong Batman came and left but they weren't James Cameron untouchable in the box office films.

No one said they were Cameron-like "untouchable" films, lol, but I would rank Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy still better and I don't appreciate Arad acting like more of a fanboy and less like a producer.

And they were the characters that needed more anyways, and we got it. RDJ's Stark, Hemsworth's Thor, Fury or even Hawkeye didn't need much more from the start of the film.

Also, Loki deserved a little bit more development as well, only solidifying Loki as a great CBM villain.

What's not on his mind? He was specifically talking about Batman Begins.

Yeah, I'm calling Buffy, Fluffy, because that's what it was. I certainly didn't think it was good writing, most of the characters were annoying as hell. Perhaps he's a good comic book writer, but live action, not so much.

I thought the guy who played Bruce Banner was absolutely awful, same goes for Cap and Black Widow, the word hokey comes to mind. So yeah, I am comparing it to Michael Bay, because the only good parts was the action, when they were barely talking/acting.

©KAW;24171283 said:
Yeah, I'm calling Buffy, Fluffy, because that's what it was. I certainly didn't think it was good writing, most of the characters were annoying as hell. Perhaps he's a good comic book writer, but live action, not so much.

I thought the guy who played Bruce Banner was absolutely awful, same goes for Cap and Black Widow, the word hokey comes to mind. So yeah, I am comparing it to Michael Bay, because the only good parts was the action, when they were barely talking/acting.

Good grief man...just all of this...all wrong. On all levels.

Sure definitely shows you being in the tiny minority that thinks Whedon's shows are of "TV fluff" as well. It may not be my cup of tea, but I know that I should respect the guy because he is a pretty damn good writer and producer/director.

Last edited:
Good grief man...just all of this...all wrong. On all levels.

Sure definitely shows you being in the tiny minority that thinks Whedon's shows are of "TV fluff" as well. It may not be my cup of tea, but I know that I should respect the guy because he is a pretty damn good writer and producer/director.

I honestly don't know what he's getting at man, but he can't possibly be a fan of super hero flicks. I wouldn't give him any more of your attention.

©KAW;24171283 said:

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

I didn't have the oportunity to watch Firefly yet, but you can't insult Buffy :cmad: I wish there were more shows like that, not only in writing but the Big Bad batles in the end of each season weren't disapointing like with Smallville and Supernatural.

I never watched Buffy simply because I don't care for vampires. To be honest, I never cared for WB11 shows (or CW11). Just not my taste.

Buffy is the campy and cheesy version of vampires...annoying teens included.

Someone said Avengers sucked?

tumblr_lrqngyvd781qllt8v.png

I didn't say it sucked, I just look at it as another big...dumb...fun action flick from Marvel Films. A studio that refuses to allow their actors to actually ACT. It must be in their contract. :dry:

I think there's another evidence in this thread to prove that Michael Bay is a machine dedicated to ruining cinema for all who enjoy good storylines, and not just unneccessary explosions at every opportunity.

Whedon at least knows how to make a good story! (I haven't seen Avengers yet, but I did like Buffy.)

©KAW;24173357 said:
I didn't say it sucked, I just look at it as another big...dumb...fun action flick from Marvel Films. A studio that refuses to allow their actors to actually ACT. It must be in their contract. :dry:

The fun, dumb action flick you said broke 25 records,gained 1 BILLION IN 2 WEEKS gained huge acclaim from audiences and critics alike, set the stage for CBM's and opened onto the next stage in the MCU...

movie_marvel_phase_2_title_card.jpg

So, has WB/DC done this?

The fact that Rocket Raccoon is in a movie before the Flash or Wonder Woman is frankly embarrassing.

Oh and no acting?

RDJ

Chris Evans

Scarlet Johansson

Goddamn Samuel L. Jackson.

Quite a ****** cast to name a few.

500full.jpg

Deal with it.

©KAW;24173357 said:

As opposed to what?

TDKR?

Gimme a break. If I hear "TDKR is a intelligent, thinking man's movie" then obviously you're an idiot if you find TDKR "smart".

©KAW;24171283 said:

Ruffalo played Bruce Banner in a way that made sense for the movie. His character had already grown in Incredible Hulk to accept he was stuck with the Hulk and he needed to move on. So what does someone with a miserable life, with no hope do, turn it into a joke. Like he says at the end "I'm always angry." You realize through the whole movie his indifference and in ability to take things seriously, was just his way of controlling the Hulk. Ruffalo did a great job showing this.

Johanson did a good job playing a character who seemed like she was always holding back and could snap at any moment.

Helmsworth did a great job playing a character who lives in a fantasy world and plays it straight in the real world.

Evans gave a much better performance as Captain America than he gave in First Avenger.

Hokey? The idea of Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and the Hulk being real is hokey, much less the idea of them joining together to save the world. Jos Whedon did what Joel Schumacher failed to do with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, in that he brought a comic book to the big screen.

Also what more did you want? The movie gave all of it's characters mini arcs and developed them equally. Originally they planned on giving Cap the Wolverine treatment and making the story center around him, but they didn't. Also they managed to merge the first story from Avengers and the Ultimates together and make it not feel like a straight adaptation.

If anything despite how much I thought Webb did a great job, Whedon would blow him out of the water if he got a shot at directing AMS2.

©KAW;24173357 said:

Funny, because so many others seems to believe that what we saw in Avengers were actors acting. And so many others would not call Angel, Buffy or Firefly "TV fluff" or that any of Whedon's products can be considered "campy".

Hey all have opinions, sure, but some just sound way too ridiculous to even believe someone actually BELIEVES that ****.

As opposed to what?

TDKR?

Gimme a break. If I hear "TDKR is a intelligent, thinking man's movie" then obviously you're an idiot if you find TDKR "smart".

Woah, woah, woah....TDKR is a brilliant and intelligent film. To be inspired by A Tale of Two Cities first and foremost that's outside of comics shows how Nolan still wanted another film in his trilogy to go pass the restraints of many CBMs.

As opposed to what?

TDKR?

I like how you keep calling people 'idiots' and 'chumps.' It really lets people know that their opinion is absolutely wrong and they should change it ASAP. :whatever:

I find TDKR extremely smart on emotional level, but not that smart on logical level.
When I think about it, I don't really like how Bruce got out of the prison. First the bold man says that "fear is why you fail" and then he says later that it's really important to fear, and then only discovering the fear of death he got out. It felt tacked on and rushed, yet the moment really got me pumped somehow

speaking of that, the thing they handled oh so poorly: it felt like Bruce was in the prison other than few days or maybe few weeks, when it was like 5 months I think

wow. Avengers and TDKR are two of the best superhero movies of all time, while opinions fluctuate, I imagine most rank both of them in their top ten. I dont quite understand the conflict here.

While I'm not the biggest Nolan fan, it's wrong to say they're not smartly made films. No they're not perfect and there are things that could be improved upon, they're very well made films, with tight narratives.

I find TDKR extremely smart on emotional level, but not that smart on logical level.
When I think about it, I don't really like how Bruce got out of the prison. First the bold man says that "fear is why you fail" and then he says later that it's really important to fear, and then only discovering the fear of death he got out. It felt tacked on and rushed, yet the moment really got me pumped somehow

speaking of that, the thing they handled oh so poorly: it felt like Bruce was in the prison other than few days or maybe few weeks, when it was like 5 months I think

Because Wayne had yet to embrace this fear while he tried to overcome it throughout the trilogy(he only tried to feed on the fear of others while feeding on his own). By embracing fear and the potential thought of dying, he was able to climb out of the Pit, as the young Talia did. Even the death at close proximity, Talia still climbed up the well without a safety "net", the rope.

And yah, showing the Pit scenes drew back very quickly even when Bruce was supposed to be stuck there for five months. But, timing constraints was a ***** especially to keep the IMAX time limit.

wow. Avengers and TDKR are two of the best superhero movies of all time, while opinions fluctuate, I imagine most rank both of them in their top ten. I dont quite understand the conflict here.

My #1 and #2 of the best films I've seen so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"