The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My #1 and #2 of the best films I've seen so far this year.

is ASM your #3? lol. since this is an ASM thread afterall...

All three superhero flicks this year are currently ranked in my top 6

1 TDK
2 Avengers
3 BB
4 ASM
5 TIH
6 TDKR

what a great year!

In regards to CBMs of the year, TAS-M is #3, but if we are talking about every film I've seen, TAS-M is at the 10th spot.

1.) The Dark Knight Rises
2.) The Avengers
3.) Prometheus
4.) The Grey
5.) The Hunger Games
6.) John Carter
7.) Ted
8.) 21 Jump Street
9.) Safe House
10.) The Amazing Spider-Man

reasonable. I may have liked it more than the average person. I'm pretty easy to please. :D

In regards to CBMs of the year, TAS-M is #3, but if we are talking about every film I've seen, TAS-M is at the 10th spot.

1.) The Dark Knight Rises
2.) The Avengers
3.) Prometheus
4.) The Grey
5.) The Hunger Games
6.) John Carter
7.) Ted
8.) 21 Jump Street
9.) Safe House
10.) The Amazing Spider-Man

You really liked John Carter and Prometheus? Ehh I guess those were in the like or dislike category though.

They weren't perfect, but they were still top notch films and some of the better films I've seen this year so far.

ehh I think Spider-Man was better than those two but I agree it wasn't top three or even top five worthy.

The biggest waste of money this year was Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I don't know why I bothered.

©KAW;24177307 said:
Every time someone makes a list of their best and favorite comic book films...I become depressed. :dry:--:mad:
Its just their own list. Everyone has their own opinion. Heck, look at my signature. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with my rankings but hey... that's just how I feel. No need to feel depressed :)

On the subject of Buffy/Angel, those shows are VERY campy, but they're also brilliant shows. The show mixes the campy fun with very serious drama really well, and I disagree on those shows being poor greatly. Buffy and Angel are far more than campy, geeky shows. Does Doctor Who suck because the Doctor is a campy character? Have you watched the original Star Trek? These are corny shows, but they deal with serious themes in creative ways. Buffy and Angel both do as well.

As for Avengers having bad acting. I have already weighed in on this, and I strongly feel KAW is wrong on this one. Big time. So there is no point in arguing about it.

On the subject of Buffy/Angel, those shows are VERY campy, but they're also brilliant shows. The show mixes the campy fun with very serious drama really well, and I disagree on those shows being poor greatly. Buffy and Angel are far more than campy, geeky shows. Does Doctor Who suck because the Doctor is a campy character? Have you watched the original Star Trek? These are corny shows, but they deal with serious themes in creative ways. Buffy and Angel both do as well.

As for Avengers having bad acting. I have already weighed in on this, and I strongly feel KAW is wrong on this one. Big time. So there is no point in arguing about it.

Huge star trek fan here :up:

Corny isn't always a bad thing. Just depends on how it affects the overall story. I don't think the acting in the Avengers was superb, but it wasn't bad either. It fit that movie perfectly.

Yes, please don't reply to him.

Yeah... well, anyways back to the whole Marc Webb returning topic.

Because Wayne had yet to embrace this fear while he tried to overcome it throughout the trilogy(he only tried to feed on the fear of others while feeding on his own). By embracing fear and the potential thought of dying, he was able to climb out of the Pit, as the young Talia did. Even the death at close proximity, Talia still climbed up the well without a safety "net", the rope.

And yah, showing the Pit scenes drew back very quickly even when Bruce was supposed to be stuck there for five months. But, timing constraints was a ***** especially to keep the IMAX time limit.

Oh, okay, I think I understand now. Though, I already understood why he had to not use the rope

This film is an absolute 11/10 for me, but still watching it again I cringe at a few parts like when the *****e police says "like a rat in a trap gentlemen!" and the other guy responds "you might have the wrong animal there sir!", and when Batman yells Bane all like "WHERE ISSHH THE TRIGGERRR?? WHEEREE ISHH IT??". Also, I would've liked to learn Bane's real background completely. Why was he born in the prison too? A pregnant lady was put there before or a woman was put down there and was raped?

Okay guys, this is a Spider-Man forum. Can we please relate the discussions to Spider-Man, and not make this a TDKR discussion forum? Use the Spidey lounge if you MUST discuss TDKR here without relating it to Spider-Man.

On a side note has anyone else noticed what Superman 3, Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Iron Man 2, and Batman Forever have in common? The studio interfered greatly and the final product was lack luster... I can't see Amazing 2 being very good or "nuanced" as some have called the first with the short production time, unless some kind of solid decision is made on the director NOW.

Also lets not forget the glaring tone shift were bound to have. I think it works for Iron Man and the Marvel films to change directors because we just had a film with a different director with all of these characters fresh in our minds. The Avengers kind of works as a cinematic palet cleanser of sorts. No matter what the shifts going to be jarring here though :/.

On a side note has anyone else noticed what Superman 3, Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Iron Man 2, and Batman Forever have in common? The studio interfered greatly and the final product was lack luster... I can't see Amazing 2 being very good or "nuanced" as some have called the first with the short production time, unless some kind of solid decision is made on the director NOW.

A rushed project is one thing, and a director losing creative control is another. The second draft of the script is in the process of being completed, and we should hear about the director within the next couple of months.

Studio interference will probably happen, but it doesn't mean the project is doomed. The studio interfered with the first two spider-man movies (originally, Doc Ock was going to be single and fall in love with MJ, but the studio changed that), but Sam Raimi did really well with them.

Studio interference hurt SM3 only because they forced Raimi to put in the Venom story last minute, and the script was being worked on while filming began. Sometimes it can be a good thing, many times it can ruin a movie. It all depends. We don't really know what happens behind the scenes other than what they give us on the DVDs. Its way, way too early to say whether or not TASM2 will be great, good, okay, bad, etc. Alexander Kurtzman and Roberto Orci did a superb job with the Star Trek reboot, Mission Impossible III, Watchmen, Alias, Fringe, Xena, Hercules, etc, so I have faith they can write a good script. Really, they are just polishing up James Vanderbilt's first draft, so we know there is a story already developed.

Last edited:
I find TDKR extremely smart on emotional level, but not that smart on logical level.
When I think about it, I don't really like how Bruce got out of the prison. First the bold man says that "fear is why you fail" and then he says later that it's really important to fear, and then only discovering the fear of death he got out. It felt tacked on and rushed, yet the moment really got me pumped somehow
To me, that entire sequence was about Bruce finally letting go of Ra's Al Ghul's entire philosophy. Sure, Bruce had only physically been in that prison for months, but he had mentally/emotionally been Ra's Al Ghul's prisoner Bruce since Batman Begins. Al Ghul taught Bruce to let go of fear and instead use it against others. To "own" fear, essentially. That's what BB was all about. What Bruce had to do to get out of that prison was to FINALLY let go of that mentality and allow himself to feel the fear of death for the first time since Act 1 of BB. I loved that sequence, it was probably my 2nd favorite of the whole movie.

And as for how TASM ranks for me for me, while Avengers and TDKR are my top 2 movies of the year, TASM is my #4 (so far). Not bad at all. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"