The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone is and it's not Webb because he is "not happy with the final product", and Arad being the pandering type would have been more than happy to cut one of the key scenes in order to avoid potential backlash.

EDIT: Also Sony execs stated they were "not happy" with what they got from Amazing Spider-Man and did some last minute changes.
When and where did Marc Webb say he isn't happy with the final product? Also, the sony execs not being happy with Amazing Spider-Man was just a rumor.

When and where did Marc Webb say he isn't happy with the final product? Also, the sony execs not being happy with Amazing Spider-Man was just a rumor.

I'll look for a link, but did not know that. However I do think it's plaussable to say Arad could have ordered a kill on a scene that suggests Peter has an altered origin when people on the boards went crazy. He's been known to pander.

Michael Bay for the sequel!

Bay: need more action, **** blowing up and hot girls with fast cars, yes that will bring people in.
Sony: Brilliant.

It was an audio interview apparently. It seems like the site who did it is now defunct. But it was way back in 2005. It was mentioned here in the Hype:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=185732

Gracias I'll peep that in a minute.

Bay: need more action, **** blowing up and hot girls with fast cars, yes that will bring people in.
Sony: Brilliant.

Unfortunately looking at Bays box office record he's not wrong :/

©KAW;24168359 said:
...or the Buffy director of The Avengers, same thing. :eek:

Did you just compare Joss Whedon to Michael Bay????

It would be interesting to see how Bay would tackle a Spidey movie actually.

And by that, I mean it would be interesting to see how badly someone can ruin a character and STILL make a ton of cash from it.

Heck, he's made around $3 billion destroying Optimus Prime alone. And may God have mercy on the souls of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

You have no idea how infuriated I was by that comment. And all about promoting that silly Fantastic Four movie! :o

Rather than acting like a civil producer, he only came out as a Marvel fanboy and an ignorant one at that. I wonder if he kicks himself in the ass whenever he sees the numbers for TDK and TDKR :funny:

Let alone Nolan's trilogy KILLS Raimi's, lol.

Avi Arad: Brilliant.

Fixed.

Nevertheless, I would not be surprised if Arad, Sony, whoever tries to make the sequel more action-oriented rather story-oriented as TAS-M mostly is.

©KAW;24168359 said:
...or the Buffy director of The Avengers, same thing. :eek:

You did NOT just compare Whedon to Bay

:jedi

Heck, he's made around $3 billion destroying Optimus Prime alone. And may God have mercy on the souls of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

You mean just the Ninja Turtles that are now an alien species and may not even be teenagers?

And no, I'm not joshin' you.

It would be interesting to see how Bay would tackle a Spidey movie actually.

And by that, I mean it would be interesting to see how badly someone can ruin a character and STILL make a ton of cash from it.

Adolescent Alien Martial Artist Turtle-Shaped Creatures

nothing is sacred.

Well someone is and it's not Webb because he is "not happy with the final product", and Arad being the pandering type would have been more than happy to cut one of the key scenes in order to avoid potential backlash.

EDIT: Also Sony execs stated they were "not happy" with what they got from Amazing Spider-Man and did some last minute changes.

Hey Legend, do you have links to details of Webb and Sony admitting to not being happy with the final product? I'd be very curious to what each side has said.

Adolescent Alien Martial Artist Turtle-Shaped Creatures

nothing is sacred.

Racist Alien Big boobied Explosions!

BTW : Do you think that they are going to give an Update of TASM 2 ?because the last thing i´ve heard was Wiseman rumor and now that Marc is attached to another movie im worried

Last edited:
©KAW;24170209 said:
Unfortunately, I see very little difference between the two. Big on action and small on everything else.

Yah, because Whedon never cared about the characters on Buffy, Angel or Firefly :dry:

he said Batman came and went!
He was probably trying to say that Batman as a film franchise came and went in the sense that the first Batman film was successful, but when Returns came out, parents complained that it was too violent and it seems to me that not many critics were fond of it. Things picked back up with Forever, but Warner Bros. drove it into the ground with B&R.

©KAW;24170209 said:
Unfortunately, I see very little difference between the two. Big on action and small on everything else.

So, Avengers the only Joss Whedon you've come in contact with then?

He was probably trying to say that Batman as a film franchise came and went in the sense that the first Batman film was successful, but when Returns came out, parents complained that it was too violent and it seems to me that not many critics were fond of it. Things picked back up with Forever, but Warner Bros. drove it into the ground with B&R.

Doesn't make sense since Arad said this in '05. He mentioned how Spider-Man made more money than Batman Begins in the first ten days and just sounded like a Marvel fanboy. He hasn't bothered to say anything about Batman since though with the rest of the Dark Knight Trilogy :awesome:

Doesn't make sense since Arad said this in '05. He mentioned how Spider-Man made more money than Batman Begins in the first ten days and just sounded like a Marvel fanboy. He hasn't bothered to say anything about Batman since though with the rest of the Dark Knight Trilogy :awesome:
Because it's probably not on his mind when being interviewed or he just doesn't want to say anything so as to not receive scrutiny.

Yah, because Whedon never cared about the characters on Buffy, Angel or Firefly :dry:
Horrible examples. Those characters were made for TV fluff. I rank them with Dawson's Creek, The OC or any CW TV series. Which is my major beef with The Avengers, the director limits the actors' acting abilities, where he thinks he can make up for it through big action scenes.

I can almost guarantee any "TV fluff" you are referring to is Whedon's hand in character development and any "big action scenes" in Avengers were the studio's assertions and not Whedon's. I, for one, do not agree with your sentiment.

I do not agree because I have read both the Serenity miniseries' and the Astonishing X-Men cover to cover. Whedon does characters. There is no plainer way to say it.

He's not a strong director in directing actors and getting a really good performance out of them movie-wise. The Avengers were acting as if they were in an episode of Smallsville.

©KAW;24170209 said:

The Avengers was a ensemble movie that had a heart and didn't go the wolverine method the X-Men took. He's a smart director that knows about character development and how to make the audience care about whats going on. Michael Bay like to bombard us with explosions and pointless action, while the Avengers had necessary action. All of the action was used either to establish a character and their abilities or was used to progress a story.

Not to mention the Avengers is an action heavy story, however it still had a lot of character and emotion in it. Really tell me would you have been that upset if Coulson died in Iron Man or Thor?

There wasn't even any romance really ,besides hints to Hawkeye and Black Widow and Tony and Pepper for less than 5 minutes of the movie, so he's not relying on the hottie factor.

The difference between Weadon and Bay is Original Trilogy Lucas and Prequal Trilogy George Lucas. Original Trilogy Lucas uses action and set pieces to help further his story and Prequel Trilogy Lucas tells a story about action and set pieces.

©KAW;24171059 said:
He's not a strong director in directing actors and getting a really good performance out of them movie-wise. The Avengers were acting as if they were in an episode of Smallsville.

Downey gave the best performance he's given since the cave scene's in Iron Man. I get you don't like the movie but you're definitely in the minority there.

Last edited:

In all fairness the Spider-Man trilogy made over 2 billion total. Not a lot worse than the Dark Knight trilogy. He was wrong Batman came and left but they weren't James Cameron untouchable in the box office films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"