Sequels Same continuity or reboot?

anyways, not to derail the conversation, but anyone else here think that making spider-man 2099 would be a good thing? it could be a reboot without destroying everything the past three films stood for.
It would do much better as a animated movie and I would love to see it happen. Its a better idea than this Avengers Reborn crap there coming out with next year.

it would still be disliked by alot of us fans (including me).
Disliked? Pfft

I personally would like a reboot someday, maybe in 10-15 years, but not know. Another sequel, only if the story is good, if not just let it rest for 10-15 years and start all over for a new generation(because by then it will of been 15-20 years since the first one, a retelling of the origin wouldn't hurt, seeing how kids are one of the larger demographics that see the Spidey films).

I am still on the fence on the reboot issue. I can see why some want it, but at the same time I can see why some don't. I mean there are ways to work a new cast in without having to reboot it. If someone was say deadset on new cast and new director. An Idea I think might work would be say get permission from the guys who played the villains or recast them as well and use artwork at the beginning of the movie showing the new cast in the situations that occured in the movies. To lay the groundwork saying these are the same characters in the same timeline, just new actors. I was thinking along the line of the work alex ross did that they used at the start of Spiderman 2.

I am holding out still hoping raimi gives spidey that ash wit that would save his character for me, make him a smartass the way ash is in his evil dead films. I think thats the big thing peter is missing at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"