The Dark Knight Sanford Greene (Batman Strikes) Working on TDK.

Miranda Fox

Haters to the Left.
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread on this as I am curious - what exactly art-related would he be working on?

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

LEGIONS OF GOTHAM shot BOF and email to let us know that Sanford Greene, artist on THE BATMAN STRIKES, is doing some work on THE DARK KNIGHT.

http://legionsofgotham.proboards70.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=begins&thread=1178281746

Our pal Sanford Greene (artist Batman Strikes, LOSH) checked in to let us know the following....

"Hey Matt... I am actually in LONDON with Warner Brothers working on some Batman stuff for the next movie!!! So there you have it!!! Of course I can not go into any detail.... Later!!!"

So there you have it. Likely its something art related, obviously..but what...

What exactly were his chores on Batman Strikes?

What exactly were his chores on Batman Strikes?

He did the art. I think, I haven't actually read it...:o

EDIT: And it actually says he was the artist in the BOF piece. I fail, yay! *facepalm*

Storyboards? Or a style guide?
http://www.sanfordgreene.com/
81.jpg

80.jpg

We don't know when he started working on the movie, and storyboards are often done while shooting if there's a change in the script. But he could be collaborating with the set decoration department, too.

We don't know when he started working on the movie, and storyboards are often done while shooting if there's a change in the script. But he could be collaborating with the set decoration department, too.

Okay, fair enough, I didn't know that.

All cool ideas. Is it common to use artists who've worked on the comicbooks before, out of interest?

That artwork is cool, hope we'll know soon what he'll do. But there are so many people working on the film, I think we'll know for sure during the end credits of The Dark Knight!

Okay, fair enough, I didn't know that.

All cool ideas. Is it common to use artists who've worked on the comicbooks before, out of interest?
On Batman Begins, Tommy Lee Edwards did some pre-production art, style guide and merchandising illustrations.

Good luck on ever seeing whatever he does. I remember hearing about comic artist working on Begins but we never saw anything, not even in the Art Of book. I still wish we'd got to see something that was representative of ALL the production art, not just a few digital concept paintings of basically the final design.

The TLE stuff is incredibly badass.

ummm....guys, has it occurred to anyone, looking at that pic that antonello posted of grey&black batman, that sanford might be designing the new batsuit? i mean, i remember hearing that the suit was supposed to be more armor-like. that pic looks like batarmor to me...

^^Is there a link to this quote by any chance?

Maybe he'll be working on a design for the Teaser Poster?

Tommy Lee Edwards artwork is pretty good.

ummm....guys, has it occurred to anyone, looking at that pic that antonello posted of grey&black batman, that sanford might be designing the new batsuit? i mean, i remember hearing that the suit was supposed to be more armor-like. that pic looks like batarmor to me...

Uh, the rumour is that the suit will looke LESS armour-ish.

These are neat; he's made a handful of tiny changes that look very Samurai-ish. It'd be neat if the TDK costume went in that direction.

Aside from the cowl which is clearly not the Begins one, and teh cape which seems to be a more traditional take, sans clasps, I don't really see any significant changes.

He's just rendered the Begins bodysuit in an unusual way by adding a criss-cross pattern to the parts of the actual suit that are neoprene (i.e. the knees and elbows), creating more of a contrast where there isn't really one on the real suit.

The rest of the suit still has pretty much the same lines and designs as the Begins one.

Still, nice drawings, and it goes to show that, to my mind, a different cowl and cape would improve the basic Begins suit quite significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"