The Dark Knight Harry Potter Costume Designer To Work On Tdk

thedarks0ldier said:
HAHA we call your football soccer because you use the metric system. You and your making traveling and measuring easier and giving sports names that make sense to everyone. Instead of using your logic you guys should do something useful like create a commity that sensors stuff or be all religous and make meth at the time.
Huh?

Tyler Durden said:
Only after we talk gibberish can we be understood.
Ah!

batsgrey.jpg

Darken the grey a shade and this suit is perfect imo.

- Lose the triangular brooches
- Square the edges on the cowl
- Straighten the ears
- Slim the neck and head

I like how the BB suit looks big, batman should be big. However yeah some more flexibility would be good. For the fight scenes. No somersaults!

Nepenthes said:
batsgrey.jpg

Darken the grey a shade and this suit is perfect imo.

- Lose the triangular brooches
- Square the edges on the cowl
- Straighten the ears
- Slim the neck and head

I like how the BB suit looks big, batman should be big. However yeah some more flexibility would be good. For the fight scenes. No somersaults!
that looks sick.

It looks like Batman is wearing tights! :confused:

Don't like the tights look... I hope they stick to black armor-like suit in THE DARK KNIGHT and sequels!

StorminNorman said:
1. I don't see how this news points to a Dead End-ish style costume.
2. I don't see how this at all points to the color grey being used at all.
3. I don't mind them having a grey costume, as long as the grey is so dark it doesn't look grey at all.

Agreed.

NolGoyHater said:
Wrongo! KANE himself says it in an 1989 interview on the B89 SE dvd.
Hmm.... I watched the B89 SE interviews last night and I didn't find any statement by Kane regarding the original concept being an all-black suit? Perhaps you or some other enterprising chap could post the track# and time stamp of the statement you are referring to? Thanks.

NolGoyHater said:
Just like Raybia said

This is a pretty cool announcement. :)
Some of the Harry Potter F/X guys worked on Begins. One in particular is responsible for the Demon Bat creation.

While we wait for more traditional announcements from the WB regarding the next flick, I think this is an awesome tid bit of news. :)

David

BatScot said:
Any luck?

So far none. I'm not blowing smoke though. Its not that big of a deal for me to make it up.

I did read it for an credible source, but I just cannot remember where.

I'll keep looking.

BatScot said:
Hmm.... I watched the B89 SE interviews last night and I didn't find any statement by Kane regarding the original concept being an all-black suit?

Perhaps you or some other enterprising chap could post the track# and time stamp of the statement you are referring to?
Anybody?

BatScot said:

This is not what I was referring to but in my search I found this:

His collaborator and studio writer, Bill Finger, recalled that Kane

had an idea for a character called 'Batman', and he'd like me to see the drawings. I went over to Kane's, and he had drawn a character who looked very much like Superman with kind of ... reddish tights, I believe, with boots ... no gloves, no gauntlets ... with a small domino mask, swinging on a rope. He had two stiff wings that were sticking out,looking like bat wings. And under it was a big sign ... BATMAN.[1]

Finger said he offered such suggestions as giving the character a cowl, and a scalloped cape instead of wings; adding gloves; and removing the bright red sections of the original costume, suggesting instead a gray-and-black color scheme. Finger additionally said his suggestions were influenced by Lee Falk's extremely popular The Phantom, a syndicated newspaper comic strip character with which Kane was familiar as well; the suggestions included leaving the mask's eyeholes blank to connote mystery. Finger wrote the first Batman story, while Kane provided art. Because Kane had already submitted the proposal for Batman to his editors at DC Comics, he is the only person given official credit for the creation of Batman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kane

What I read about the all-black suit was in a book and not on the net. I think I might know where but I'll have to do some research at the book store to confirm it.

I'd like to see what they could do with a thick woven material for the suit.

balecowlye4.jpg

balesuitrd2.jpg

bunk said:

balecowlye4.jpg

:eek: Even if I'm iffy about the concept, that is amazing artwork. Nice job! :D

explode7 said:
I just don't see him doing that in this franchise. Sorry.

I don't either, which is a huge shame. I don't see Nolan's batman as anything near my vision of him because he simply has batman not doing so many things that batman does

kenellard said:
I don't either, which is a huge shame. I don't see Nolan's batman as anything near my vision of him because he simply has batman not doing so many things that batman does

Thats not really not a fair statement considering Nolan has only made one Batman movie to date and that movie was more about Bruce's journey to become Batman than about Batman himself.

If you equate BB to Batman year 1 in the comics, that comic didn't have Batman doing the many things that Batman does either.

WHY? Its an origin story and plus how do you cram years of Batman greatest feats in a two hour movie.

Just be patient because I truly believe that TDK and the 3rd movie will be quinnessential Batman.

bunk said:

balecowlye4.jpg

balesuitrd2.jpg

Absolutely brilliant. :up:

Thanks Anguissette1979 and Seen, I can't wait to see what kind of changes they might make for TDK.

raybia said:
Thats not really not a fair statement considering Nolan has only made one Batman movie to date and that movie was more about Bruce's journey to become Batman than about Batman himself.

If you equate BB to Batman year 1 in the comics, that comic didn't have Batman doing the many things that Batman does either.

WHY? Its an origin story and plus how do you cram years of Batman greatest feats in a two hour movie.

Just be patient because I truly believe that TDK and the 3rd movie will be quinnessential Batman.

I hope it will be, the thing that annoyed me was that "athletic" is a word we immediately relate to batman, and I saw very little athleticism in BB, sure he can drop down from a height and kick the snot out of a bunch of guys, but this isn't the punisher. My main reason for backing a move away from the so-called "robo-batman" look is that he'll finally be allowed the mobility to move like batman should. Someone pointed out way back that bat's doesn't need a bullet-proof suit because he's too fast to shoot. I really like that idea. One of the central things about batman, his main strength is that he's as close to a perfect human being as possible, that's how he can go out to fight crime every night without getting killed, not because he has an army prototype suit keeping him safe. And if that's not realistic enough, who cares? this is the friggin' batman we're talking about!

Maybe they're talking about getting the finest fabrics for Bruce's collection of black turtle necks....

4192166_a152d020c4.jpg

kenellard said:
I hope it will be, the thing that annoyed me was that "athletic" is a word we immediately relate to batman, and I saw very little athleticism in BB, sure he can drop down from a height and kick the snot out of a bunch of guys, but this isn't the punisher. My main reason for backing a move away from the so-called "robo-batman" look is that he'll finally be allowed the mobility to move like batman should. Someone pointed out way back that bat's doesn't need a bullet-proof suit because he's too fast to shoot. I really like that idea. One of the central things about batman, his main strength is that he's as close to a perfect human being as possible, that's how he can go out to fight crime every night without getting killed, not because he has an army prototype suit keeping him safe. And if that's not realistic enough, who cares? this is the friggin' batman we're talking about!

Well actually with this new liquid armor technology, it doesn't seem so unrealistic for Bats to wear a thinner outfit closer to the tights of the comics, because you can get that look and mobility- yet at the same time logically explain how the suit can have that and still protect him from things such as bullets or knives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"