The Dark Knight Sanford Greene (Batman Strikes) Working on TDK.

Aside from the cowl which is clearly not the Begins one, and teh cape which seems to be a more traditional take, sans clasps, I don't really see any significant changes.
Which is why I never said anything about significant changes.

He's just rendered the Begins bodysuit in an unusual way by adding a criss-cross pattern to the parts of the actual suit that are neoprene (i.e. the knees and elbows), creating more of a contrast where there isn't really one on the real suit.
Those being the "handful of tiny changes" I mentioned. Also, seams are pronounced, so that where the Begins suit looked like a something carved out of rubber, the suit above looks like an actual protective garment assembled in pieces. The wider openings at the top of the gauntlets are also interesting.

Bottom line, it looks like Samurai armour where the Begins costume looks decidedly not. Ditch elaborate abdomen plating for a simpler design as used on the arms and legs, and you've got a pretty damn good suit. Of course, the final product would have to be as thin and flexible as the drawing appears, to be useful.

i'm not really into his style, but whatever he does, i hope it comes out good.

More
Bats.montage.03.color.jpg

I love that. It recalls Adam Hughes' Catwoman covers, to some extent.

CW48.jpg

It's the use of light in the cityscape as much as anything.

We don't know when he started working on the movie, and storyboards are often done while shooting if there's a change in the script. But he could be collaborating with the set decoration department, too.
Actually storybaording is done during pre-production, many times one of the first steps alongside fleshing out the script, so as every department working on the film can see what the director wants. Production design can also build what needs to be built, and what only needs to be built. Stunts can start planing out stunts and, if changes need to be made, can discuss it with the director at that time. Yes, some additional storyboarding is done during filming, but most of it is done in pre-production. It gives everyone a clear indication of where the director is going with the film before filming. It is also an invaluable tool for every department so that when they get to shooting, they have a blueprint to follow, and they can go about the business of getting what is needed. Now a days blueprints turn into animatics in pre-production too for the same reason. But they are clealy not started after shooting starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"