Batman Begins Scarecrow Question.

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Hurm, i could have sworn we had a "dumb question" thread but alas i failed to find it.

I was wondering about a certain thing about Nolan's Crane. He's referred as a Doctor, but we're they're any evidence that he was a professor also? Since in the comics he's always mentioned as either Proffessor Crane or Doctor, at times both.

Draz, here's your answer!

This is from the "Confidential Files" on Disc 2 of the Batman Begins special edition.

"Nicknamed Scarecrow after Washington Irving's fictional character Ichabod Crane and endlessly targeted by childhood bullies because of his gangly legs and gawkish features, Jonathan Crane is defined by fear of his oppressors. A man of few friends and an avid student of psychology and biochemistry, he became a professor at Gotham State University but was later dismissed because of his unorthodox and unsafe teaching methods. Later, during his tenure in charge of Arkham Asylum, Crane adopted his alter ego, the Scarecrow, an enemy of the city who literally frightens his targets to death with a specialized fear gas weapon that makes each man's personal demons all too real."

The DVD has a bio for Ra's too, and mentions the Lazarus Pits and Talia.

It's obvious they're just facts taken straight from the comics, but nothing in the films contradict it, so you can consider it canon if you like. The bios are the closest to backstories that the film versions of these characters get.

Hope this helps!

(I posted this in the dumb questions thread, too. Didn't know which one you'd check first!)

Thank you kind sir. :) Really thanks alot for bothering to write that all!

He was referred to as a doctor because he was a professor of a subject that doctors deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"