Batman Begins will the scarecrow steal the show in batman begins?

i was goin to start a thread on this but there already is one. damn, crane looked very good in that trailer, didnt he? sounded good,looked creepy. but look at his pic too:

mtv41.jpg

to qoute someone early in this thread-could scarecrow be the new darth maul-or atleast a new super villain to the public. murphy really seems to have nailed him.

Someone mentioned DAREDEVIL. Good analogy. Colin Farrel was very over the top in DAREDEVIL. He TRIED to steal the show, he had a few amusing moments. He didn't manage it, though, because quite honestly, Ben Affleck's performance was just more heartfelt and stronger. I think the same may hold true for Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow. He looks like he's into it, but he also looks like he's getting into it maybe a little too much, going a little toward "over-the-top-serial-villain", and that approach won't stand up to Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, and even Morgan Freeman. And The Joker didn't steal the show in BATMAN. In every scene he was in WITH Batman, Batman stole it right from him. Ditto scenes with Bruce. I have always felt that BATMAN was indeed Batman's film, despite loads of screentime for the villain and top billing for Jack Nicholson. Because The Joker has some great scenes. But when he's put in scenes with Batman, he gets owned.

The Guard said:
Someone mentioned DAREDEVIL. Good analogy. Colin Farrel was very over the top in DAREDEVIL. He TRIED to steal the show, he had a few amusing moments. He didn't manage it, though, because quite honestly, Ben Affleck's performance was just more heartfelt and stronger. I think the same may hold true for Cillian Murphy's Scarecrow. He looks like he's into it, but he also looks like he's getting into it maybe a little too much, going a little toward "over-the-top-serial-villain", and that approach won't stand up to Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, and even Morgan Freeman. And The Joker didn't steal the show in BATMAN. In every scene he was in WITH Batman, Batman stole it right from him. Ditto scenes with Bruce. I have always felt that BATMAN was indeed Batman's film, despite loads of screentime for the villain and top billing for Jack Nicholson. Because The Joker has some great scenes. But when he's put in scenes with Batman, he gets owned.

Ohg please Guard....come on..you've seen what, how much of Cillian's performance? Three seconds total? Drop it...Scarecrow looks good. That's all we can say. But to start doing comparisons....that' just speculation coming from someplace else...and the whole Batman - Joker comparison...whateva...but really, you've seen little of CIllian's performance...jsut drop it.

I've seen Cillian Murphy's acting elsewhere, and yes, I've seen very little of his performance here, but he is definitely going for over the top more than reserved. It's there in his facial expressions, in his voice, in the pacing of his lines, and in his very appearance. It's probably part of his character (being a little out there) but it's there just the same. I didn't say it was a bad thing, I said it wouldn't compare to Bale, Neeson and Freeman and their characters in terms of scene stealing. Bale is Batman. Neeson is his mentor, with most of the really good lines. And Freeman, as we all know, is basically Q. And people LOVE Q scenes.

bosef982 said:
Ohg please Guard....come on..you've seen what, how much of Cillian's performance? Three seconds total? Drop it...Scarecrow looks good. That's all we can say. But to start doing comparisons....that' just speculation coming from someplace else...and the whole Batman - Joker comparison...whateva...but really, you've seen little of CIllian's performance...jsut drop it.

If you've seen Cillian Murphy in "28 Days Later," then you know he's a good actor who can play a scary, intense role. I wouldn't discount the above speculation.

Here's another casting suggestion, though: what if they'd gone with Jeffrey Coombs, who's been in a ton of recent "Star Trek" episodes, and who played Herbert West in "Reanimator?" He can play a completely crazy guy (and his quavery, on-edge voice makes him seem on the verge of going off at any moment.)

-- Admiral Nelson

It is precisely because I have seen 28 DAYS LATER that I believe Cillian is putting a little bit of "over the top" into his role as Crane. I've seen him do reserved, quiet, with intensity coming through, and I hope most of his stuff as Crane/Scarecrow is in that vein.

Imo from the looks of recent pics and trailer footage Crane seems reserved when he wants to be. (like the two photos of him in public with his glasses on and suit) But acts all wacked out and psycho around other criminals and of course in his Scarecrow gear.

super scar said:
Imo from the looks of recent pics and trailer footage Crane seems reserved when he wants to be. (like the two photos of him in public with his glasses on and suit) But acts all wacked out and psycho around other criminals and of course in his Scarecrow gear.
Exactly. The private Crane is supposed to be just a bit over the top in a creepy way.

I'm really expecting this to be a movie where every performance is top notch and every character is talked about for weeks and months after release. I don't really thing that any single actor will steal the show but rather hope that Begins in general steals the spotlight in hollywood.

BATMAN is gonna steal the show... Exactly because everyone is used to the villains stealing the show, and this time he´s indeed the star.

Batman will steal and own the show.

I simply can't fathom how one could think Cillian will overact when he delivered only one short line in the latest trailer, perfectly too.

After hearing him deliver the "Bat Man" line in the trailer, it is very possible he will steal this movie, at least for me. As for know, Im looking forward to seeing Bale the most.

InsayneJayne said:
He won't steal the show...but He will show everyone what a kick ass Batman villian is suppose to be like...

WhiteScorpion said:
I'm really expecting this to be a movie where every performance is top notch and every character is talked about for weeks and months after release. I don't really thing that any single actor will steal the show but rather hope that Begins in general steals the spotlight in hollywood.

I agree on both counts. Scarecrow will frickin' pwn, *****es! :D

I have to admit, the Scarecrow has never been one of my favorites, but this version has me downright excited.

DarkKnightJRK said:
Won't happen. Warner Bros. directly owns DC Comics. The only thing they'll probably do is "Characters owned by DC Comics" or something to that effect.

So....Warner Bros. did an opening logo for Vertigo, but won't do one for DC? :confused: Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.

ultimatefan said:
BATMAN is gonna steal the show... Exactly because everyone is used to the villains stealing the show, and this time he´s indeed the star.

more like bruce wayne will steal the show, lol :D

over the top, maybe. but if its over the top in the way that bellocks fat henchman with the glasses was in raiders of the lost arc ,then thats great.

does anything he stole the show?

Rachel's 'gifts' stole the show actually, I think.

stop bumping. and...you were? no offense I thought he kicked ass even when he was sort of hacked in the editing room. But I wouldn't say he stole the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"