Batman Begins Scarecrow under fear gas unseen scene

doobie

Civilian
Reaction score
When Begins was first released, a couple of scoopers who claimed inside info said on this forum and others that a scene had been made with CGI of scarecrow seen under fear gas, turning into a big distorted beast version of himself, but that it was cut for looking too unrealistic. I wonder if it ever surfaced.

Nolan has the policy of keeping deleted material out of consumer access. Now that I think about it, they should have had a scene in one of the films showing Crane accessing the antidote to his chemical; otherwise, it creates a large plothole.

A plothole so huge that the entire trilogy gets sucked into it!

The antidote was mass produced for all the citizens of Gotham who were poisoned. If they didn't let Crane have any that would be rude.

Well, to be fair, he was on the run the whole time, and peddling ecstasy.

Nolan has the policy of keeping deleted material out of consumer access. Now that I think about it, they should have had a scene in one of the films showing Crane accessing the antidote to his chemical; otherwise, it creates a large plothole.

I don't think it could be a plot hole as Crane can be considered "crazy" in both TDK and TDKR.

I don't think it could be a plot hole as Crane can be considered "crazy" in both TDK and TDKR.

I agree to an extent.

If anything, they could have amplified the craziness: watching TDK and TDKR, I did not receive the vibe that was mind was decimated. If anything, he seemed to be himself (esp. during the trial scenes.)

Yah, but him being himself was sending people off to die, lol. His "quirkiness" as the judge, I felt, showed his crazy side that was still pretty much there. And also, in BB, when he was given his burlap mask again, he was at least able to pronounce sentences as opposed to before when Gordon was trying to talk to him.

The mask he wears acted a gas mask. That's why he didn't feel the effects of the toxin despite not being immune to it.

He did feel the effects during the Arkham Asylum basement fight.

The mask he wears acted a gas mask. That's why he didn't feel the effects of the toxin despite not being immune to it.

Because Batman took his mask off before giving him a dose of it.

I'm aware. You saying he didn't feel the effects sounded like you seemed to have forgotten that he DID feel the effects that should've stayed with him to even TDKR's events if he never cured himself right away as it's sorta mentioned by Batman that not given the cure in a certain amount of time would **** you up forever, but in Crane's case, it seemed like he became fine after taking in the fear gas(in the third act of BB).

BB still didn't do scarecrow enough justice. I want to see him as a main villain. I want a skinny, creepy, offer.fella playing him. I also want his staff/blade with him. Scarecrow has so much potential it's not even funny

BB still didn't do scarecrow enough justice. I want to see him as a main villain. I want a skinny, creepy, offer.fella playing him. I also want his staff/blade with him. Scarecrow has so much potential it's not even funny

It's called a scythe.

@ the last son: I completely agree. He had some good scenes in BB, though. "Lighten up" and the stuff in Arkham's basement ("The Baaatman.")

This is how I would handle scarecrow (off top of head). Gotham university professor for years, been experimenting for years and I'd more myth than, legend. Grayson attends his class, tells Bruce he's up too no good. Bam there is your story. Similar to btas. Make him scary and as much as a scarecrow as you can. Plenty of hay around his outfit. And please get a big puzzle, maze, fight in a cornfield. Have him mounted up like a scarecrow add well.

So, let me ask you this question: Jonathan Crane said "She hasn't got long. I gave her a concentrated dose. The mind can only take so much." And that was referring to Rachel. So he means that Rachel won't survive or maybe she won't remain a sane person. So much that Batman has to drive over police cars in order to save her.

But then again, Crane himself is forced by Batman to take the very same gas, but he seems barely crazy. He didn't die. He didn't go all the way crazy. More like, nothing really happened. How come?

Maybe he's been taken it for years and is why he is crazy

So, let me ask you this question: Jonathan Crane said "She hasn't got long. I gave her a concentrated dose. The mind can only take so much." And that was referring to Rachel. So he means that Rachel won't survive or maybe she won't remain a sane person. So much that Batman has to drive over police cars in order to save her.

But then again, Crane himself is forced by Batman to take the very same gas, but he seems barely crazy. He didn't die. He didn't go all the way crazy. More like, nothing really happened. How come?

They weren't going to die. Just lose all sanity, as seen with Carmine Falcone to the point where, added to his old age, the only thing he can now say is "Scarecrow".

I think Crane ended up being molded within the serum and got used to its side effects, but we'll never know as nothing is mentioned.

I agree that Scarecrow seems totally off his rocker in his last scenes in Batman Begins and then seems awfully normal and composed again in The Dark Knight. I wish he'd have evolved even further into his Scarecrow persona instead of still basically just being Dr. Crane in a suit with a burlap bag over his head. And then in TDKR there's no indication he even still has the Scarecrow fetish. I guess you would say he's spent eight years in a mental institution and maybe he "got over it".

And yes in TDK and TDKR Crane is arguably a little crazy, but no more than he is in the first place in Batman Begins, where I don't think he'd be considered a model of well-adjusted sanity in the first place. I mean, the guy has a hobby of developing weaponized hallucinogens and using them to torture asylum inmates with a bag over his head. He's not normal in the first place. So I wish in TDK he'd seemed even more crazy and Scarecrow-esque instead of just being the same as in Begins and actually less crazy than he was by the end of Begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"