Comics Scarlet Spider Returns?!

Way to go Pens... :up:

Enjoy the parade clonesy... :yay:

First, we must hide all the couches from the students, lest they be burning tonight....

I love how, out of all the things done in comic books. Not just Marvel, but throw in DC and the independents...that THIS...returning a character from his death...is jumping the shark. Wow.

I love how, out of all the things done in comic books. Not just Marvel, but throw in DC and the independents...that THIS...returning a character from his death...is jumping the shark. Wow.

Ah shinlyle just has Ben Reilly Derangement Syndrome. Don't take him too seriously. :oldrazz:

I would hope that if Ben Reilly returns that he won't be used as a "villain" against Peter. If he's been alive the whole time (kinda lame) then I wouldn't put it past them to wipe his memory and use him against Spider-Man. Frickin' Norman Osborn!

As much as i would LOVE to have Be back i think bringing him back in this new post-OMD world would only jumble up the already quirky new status quo. There's be too many plot holes to count.

From Newsarama:

Somewhere out there....there is a shark.....and that shark....is being jumped by Marvel.

Dude, how long have we been on these forums? Marvel has jumped the shark like 49 times. It's just that this one is number 50 and it has to be special.

In speaking of special...this announcement makes me special in the pants.
As a fan who is pro Clone Saga and pro Ben Reilly I have just awakened in some kind of weird place...heaven would be a good way to describe it but I don't even think that heaven can be used. It's better than heaven. It's like Super Heaven. Wow, the return of Ben Reilly.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system I would like to see what earth shattering Internet cracking thing will bring the character back. "Oh, wait...that was A DIFFERENT CLONE that turned into dust in front of our eyes!". I can already here the collective "Ughs" through the Internet message boards.

Either way I will be there and hoping that it's a somewhat good storyline. If Dan Slott writes it then it's going to be gold dipped in gold and then encased in gold. And then if Romita Jr. does the artwork it will then have a couple golden cherries on top for poops and giggles.

As much as i would LOVE to have Be back i think bringing him back in this new post-OMD world would only jumble up the already quirky new status quo. There's be too many plot holes to count.
WEll, this isn't really in the same continuity as ASM.

Also, honestly, I'm loving ASM! It's just such a fun thrill ride every issue, if you ask me. OMD was bad, but BND and everything after that has been awesome. :spidey::up:

I've been digging BND since the get-go. I didn't recognize the chararacter JMS wrote, or the one who sided with evil during civil war, so I'm happy to see this new arc.

O, well, people disagree about that. Some argue the responsible thing was to engage in self-sacrifice to save Aunt May. But, obviously, this is controversial. I didn't like the marriage, the deal with Venon, or the deal with Mephisto.

O, well, people disagree about that. Some argue the responsible thing was to engage in self-sacrifice to save Aunt May.

So responsible means going against that person's wishes and helping satan get one over on god? There was nothing remotely responsible in the deal, Peter forced an old woman to live against her will, basically deprived her of heaven, and used the devil to do it. He didn't sacrifice anything cause he doesn't have to remember what he lost, it was selfish down to the last satanic drop.

Ah shinlyle just has Ben Reilly Derangement Syndrome. Don't take him too seriously. :oldrazz:

Yeah....well, I don't think you should take a character with a torn-up sweat -top too seriously either....let alone a resurrected clone of a better hero in a torn-up sweat-top.

Just sayin'.:oldrazz:

I liked the Scarlet Spider costume, maybe it was the way Mark Bagley drew it or something, but he pulled off that sweat shirt look.

Yeah....well, I don't think you should take a character with a torn-up sweat -top too seriously either....let alone a resurrected clone of a better hero in a torn-up sweat-top.

Just sayin'.:oldrazz:

Hey dont mock the torn blue shirt you shall bow down to its greatness haha:woot: :oldrazz:

Look, I don't like the deal either, but Mephisto isn't Satan. He didn't "get one over on God." Pete, who was the proximate cause of his aunt's death sacrificed something important to him to save her. WGPCGR: Pete had the power to save her, and did so, at great cost to himself. I doubt he deprived her of "heaven" (why should Pete's choice affect whether Aunt May makes it to heaven or not?)--in any event, we're talking about a comic book character, so she doesn't have much of an immortal soul anyway. Although, given that Aunt May's been at death's door since 1962, maybe SHE's the one who made a "deal with the devil." I suspect if we poke around in her house somewhere, we'll find a gnarly, nasty looking picture of her somewhere. ;)

I know people disagree aboiut this and feel very strongly about it, but no one's mind is likely to be changed. If you hate the new direction, there's always Marvel Adventures, USM (if Pete's still alive, that is), or the very well-written Thor and Batman. :)

Look, I don't like the deal either, but Mephisto isn't Satan. He didn't "get one over on God." Pete, who was the proximate cause of his aunt's death sacrificed something important to him to save her. WGPCGR: Pete had the power to save her, and did so, at great cost to himself. I doubt he deprived her of "heaven" (why should Pete's choice affect whether Aunt May makes it to heaven or not?)--in any event, we're talking about a comic book character, so she doesn't have much of an immortal soul anyway. Although, given that Aunt May's been at death's door since 1962, maybe SHE's the one who made a "deal with the devil." I suspect if we poke around in her house somewhere, we'll find a gnarly, nasty looking picture of her somewhere. ;)

I know people disagree aboiut this and feel very strongly about it, but no one's mind is likely to be changed. If you hate the new direction, there's always Marvel Adventures, USM (if Pete's still alive, that is), or the very well-written Thor and Batman. :)

Actually he did get one over on god, I know this cause the ****ing devil told him so. I also know this cause May told him it was her time and she wanted to go. I also know this cause pete talked to god.

She was going to heaven, now cause of the devil, she's not. There is a taint on her life now which wasn't there before.

There was no cost to Peter cause he doesn't remember anything. If you were rich and now you're not but you don't remember being rich then not eating caviar every night isn't a loss.

It's because it's a comic character with a defined a proven after life system that makes it paticular damning. Faust is fiction too but that ***** still went to hell.

May made the deal? You're on crack. Peter liferaped his aunt.

USM is now dead, I'll pass on marvel adventures. This current pete isn't heroic or competant enough to seem like a hero. It's just you read something like AoA #5 and it sucks cause it reminds you when peter parker used to be a smart effective superhero that acted responsibly.

Marvel's got plenty of awesome right now, it's just a shame my favorite character is so crappy and dickish right now, I miss spider-man.

I think the big reveal is that May was cheating on Ben with Thomas Wayne. When he rejected her (he'd promised May that he'd divorce his wife), May had him gunned down. The Chills are actually related to the Reillys.

Seriously, as I said, I didnt like Mephisto (who isnt the devil), or the marriage, or the Venom deal. All out of character imho. The essence of Peter Parker is loss and tragedy. The essence of SM is victory against overwhelming odds. But, people can, and do disagree with these interpretations. Its pointless to argue about it at this stage--you're not going to convince me, nor I you. Its pretty cool to think that Lee & Ditko created a character that, after 47 years, still engenders this sort of passionate debate though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"