Schumacherites? Do they exist?

avclub_review66.article.jpg

Mr Schumacher I still have nightmares about Batman ass sudden close-up. :cmad:

I like B&R and can't stand BF...

*COUGH*copout*COUGH*whatever, i dont buy that. it was in the comics, thats all that matters. it may not be part of todays continuity, but who really cares about that stuff? it still happened. geez, ppl gotta stop sayin batman "never" killed, that just makes you sound stupid. DKR anyone? yes, he has. and who can forget batman pushing some guy into a vat of acid and saying "a fitting end to his kind", or batman flying in his batplane and useing a mounted machine gun to take out bad guys? or hanging someone off of his plane by the neck? they may have been early stories, but they still happened.

Batman didn't kill in DKR. Joker killed himself.

And yes, he killed in that original version, but that's not the mythos now. I personally like the more noble Batman of today. Not saying that the other Batman didn't exist, it just doesn't anymore.

I like B&R and can't stand BF...

Blasmpher! Go and wash out your mouth with soapy water. If anything, BF is better than B&R. B&R was just the worst film, ever.

I'm not a Schumacherite - I'm a proud Burtonite. :woot:

I'm not a Schumacherite, but I gotta admit, his films did feature good fight scenes and his Gotham was visually dazzling to look at, regardless of whether or not it was "gothic" looking, though I never understood why the Riddler dyed his hair red. And I thought the Batmobile in BF was cool looking even if it wasn't as foreboding as Burton's, and I admit I though the sonar bat-suit (the one at the end that was all silvery) was cool lookng as well. Batman Forever is still in there as one of my guilty pleasures.

Batman and Robin I saw in the theatre. I was very excited and looking forward to it. At the beginning of the credits, people were cheering... but by the end of the film, people were booing. It realy was a dreadful film, and a very insulting one for the fans.

It may have been campy, but it was not campy in a good way (like the Adam West show). The Burton movies had campy moments, but they had adult moments too. Joel's films were just too campy and silly, and didn't gel well with what was already established.

Lame excuse of the week... but what the hell, let's all use the dodge: Didn't get your report done... tell your teacher we're at war, get over it; didn't meet your performance goals this month... tell your boss we're at war, get over it; left your girlfriend 3 seconds short on a 3 minute quickie... tell her we're at war, get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"