Schumacherites? Do they exist?

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Although, Batman in the early years did kill several bad guys deliberately. There's a pic floating around somewhere of him breaking some guys neck with his foot.

The first Batman stories were basically "trial & error". There was no real concept behind. In the opening "panel" in one story he had a gun in his hand, but in the story it was not there and he never used a gun. The Batman from 39/40 was a pulp hero like the Shadow, but new elements like Robin and the "no kill" policy made him evolve into the "modern" superheroes (BTW, Superman killed, too.) In the 70s they went back to the darker roots, but he was still an unselfish hero. Frank Miller and of course, the zeitgeist in the 80s/90s made Batman again a little bit more anti-hero-ic which really kicked in by the end of the 90s.

I am glad we are currently leaving this era. One of my favourite things in BB is the fact that Batman is a true hero (which is also the case in BForever).

yeah, I'm not really defending B&R, its good for kicks, but I'm a schumacherite for BF.

I can understand that! BF has it's fair share of pros, no question. Mainly regarding Bruce/Batman, Alfred, Chase Meridian, and Dick Grayson.

I think all of those characters were well handled.

The BF villains, while Two-face did have some good scenes (Calling to mind the coin flip at the beginning minus the whole "In your case fortune smiles another day of wine in roses, or in your case beer and pizza!") and Riddler was straight up 60s manic.

I can understand that! BF has it's fair share of pros, no question. Mainly regarding Bruce/Batman, Alfred, Chase Meridian, and Dick Grayson.

I think all of those characters were well handled.

I've said it before. My main problems with the movie are Riddler, Two-Face and the brainsucking devices (is more a MAd Hatter theme, you know).

Oh, and Bruce Wayne walkling into that machine was stupid, too. (Yes, it is off. Believe us. Haha)

It's funny how you bash BB but you like Schumacher Batman movies weird....:ninja:

when do i really "bash" BB? sometimes i just state some things i didnt really find that great on certain threads, but they ussually are the things that other posters find great, which i find strange on my end....:dry: and its also just preferance. i do find the schumacher films more entertaining then BB, but i dont think they are better films. get what im sayin? of course you dont have to agree with me.

Barely saved anyone?

He saved Gotham from Joker's poisons, saved the children from being drowned by Penguin, and saved Gotham from being blown up by Penguin's rockets.

Not to mention he stopped the Red Triangle gang attacks on two occasions.

exactly. in BB they made batman some kinda of savior for gotham almost, which i think they pushed that a bit too much, espcially with that annoying kid. batman isnt a savior, hes like an underground force that most ppl are probably scared of and wouldnt want to mess with, whether they do a crime or not. and in BR the city may not have been going through a gigantic crisis that they were aware of, but it was still a crisis nonetheless and batman still had to stop it, whether the rest of the city knew about it or not.

The first Batman stories were basically "trial & error"

*COUGH*copout*COUGH*whatever, i dont buy that. it was in the comics, thats all that matters. it may not be part of todays continuity, but who really cares about that stuff? it still happened. geez, ppl gotta stop sayin batman "never" killed, that just makes you sound stupid. DKR anyone? yes, he has. and who can forget batman pushing some guy into a vat of acid and saying "a fitting end to his kind", or batman flying in his batplane and useing a mounted machine gun to take out bad guys? or hanging someone off of his plane by the neck? they may have been early stories, but they still happened.

Batman and robin was my favourite batfilm when I was little.

So I guess little kids are schumacherites?

This thread is almost an illustration of extreme fanboy craziness. It's fascinating to read. People calling each other 'not true fans', people saying 'that isn't the true Batman, the true Batman is what I say it is an I am a true follower'....crazy really.

Why don't we all take a step back and look at the big picture? Batman is a fictional character who intrigues artists. Each artist moulds Batman into their own personal interpretation. There are very few characters that can intepreted in so many differing ways, but Batman can.

There is no Batman. There is no specific Batman. Whatever you think Batman should be in your head, that is your Batman. Everyone has their own. So instead of thinking there is some 'Bible of Batman' written by Frank Miller, and everything outside it is heresy, embrace the diversity of the character.

This thread is almost an illustration of extreme fanboy craziness. It's fascinating to read. People calling each other 'not true fans', people saying 'that isn't the true Batman, the true Batman is what I say it is an I am a true follower'....crazy really.

Why don't we all take a step back and look at the big picture? Batman is a fictional character who intrigues artists. Each artist moulds Batman into their own personal interpretation. There are very few characters that can intepreted in so many differing ways, but Batman can.

There is no Batman. There is no specific Batman. Whatever you think Batman should be in your head, that is your Batman. Everyone has their own. So instead of thinking there is some 'Bible of Batman' written by Frank Miller, and everything outside it is heresy, embrace the diversity of the character.
Very true.

Even if it's not my favorite version of Batman, I like to see the diversity of Batfans as much as the diversity of possible Batman incarnations.

There are not many people who takes the Schumacher version as their favorite movie version, obviously based on comics from 50's and 60's, but they must be respected. Minorities should not be crushed and the diversity makes the fanbase stronger. There's a brazilian writer (Nélson Rodrigues) which said: 'the unanimity is stupid'.

BTW, talking about minorities, I like Kelley Jones. :ghost:

BTW, talking about minorities, I like Kelley Jones. :ghost:

I love Red Rain, and I love the 60's Adam West TV show. Tell me any other character that can not only survive two such utterly different interpretations, but thrive in them.

The first Batman stories were basically "trial & error". There was no real concept behind. In the opening "panel" in one story he had a gun in his hand, but in the story it was not there and he never used a gun. The Batman from 39/40 was a pulp hero like the Shadow, but new elements like Robin and the "no kill" policy made him evolve into the "modern" superheroes (BTW, Superman killed, too.) In the 70s they went back to the darker roots, but he was still an unselfish hero. Frank Miller and of course, the zeitgeist in the 80s/90s made Batman again a little bit more anti-hero-ic which really kicked in by the end of the 90s.

I am glad we are currently leaving this era. One of my favourite things in BB is the fact that Batman is a true hero (which is also the case in BForever).

No. Batman's first comics werre Batman's first comics, not 'trial and error.' If anything, Robin is the worst error in Batman's world and it didn't happen in the first issues.

i am a Schumacherite for batman forever because it was a big part of my childhood

I hated batman and robin's bat nipples

i don't hate batman and robin for what it's worth i will still watch it

(It also gave me alicia silverstone in a skin tight batsuit so i guess i can't complain)

Her suit was no more skin tight than Clooney's for that matter.

Same here.

Let's see... Michael Jackson? ^Not really...... :trans:

I think Madonna would be more accurate. Michael Jackson's style has not changed much during his career (even if he physical has).

:up:

Exactly the very thing I've been saying whenever discussions of this nature arise. I'd rather be happy our hero is so multi-dimensional and praise that aspect rather than b*tch about any given interpretation. Each one is valid, and each one holds a place in the history of the character. Even the Schumacher films.

CFE

I think Madonna would be more accurate. Michael Jackson's style has not changed much during his career (even if he physical has).
Yeah, I was joking. But I wasn't refering to his appearance. Michael Jackson went from a brilliant lovely talented singing child to a mediocre artist and child lover... :csad:

A good example would be The Beatles. They went from a band with those silly love songs to one of the most influential band ever, with those great music/songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"