First Avenger Score / Soundtrack for Captain America

tamron

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who do you think can deliver the epic score that Cap deserves?

I think James Horner would do a good job for this. If you listen to his past scores he has something that tells me he'd get the tone right for Captain America's score. After James Horner I'd chose: James Newton Howard and Alan Silvestri respectively.

James Horner has always been my fan favorite choice for this. He worked with Joe Johnston before on the Rocketeer(an under-rated gem, IMO) so that's a plus. I dunno, when I hear his score for Apollo 13(especially the launch sequence music), I have images of Rogers getting strapped into the chamber where he is given the vita-rays.

Last edited:
Who ever does it, I hope we will finally get that big, loud, awesome comic book super hero score we haven't gotten but needed for years.

I mean what comic book movie recently has had a theme as epic as the march/suites for Donner's Superman or Burton's Batman?

^Not every comic book film needs that. IM didn't. But I do like those scores you mentioned. That's why I'm for Horner.

They do though. I think Iron Man definitely could've used it. The only real cool bit of music in that one was the closing credits instrumental version of Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

The scores for the FF films were weak, sonic wallpaper, though I do generally like the work of John Ottman.

I thought the IM score was excellent. Was it Sups1 or Batman'89 quality? No. But it worked regardless.

You can say it's excellent, but my specific problem is that these movies need to start having scores of comparative quality to Superman 1 and Batman 89.

I thought Craig Armstrong's work on TIH was excellent. Hulk's main theme was sweeping with a homage to old school monster movies, and very memorable.

Out of the ones listed I would like Williams, Shore, Newton-Howard, or Powell. Actually leaning toward Powell. Too bad I accdentally voted for Williams as I didn't notice John's name on there lol! His X3 and Bourne scores are among my all-time favorites. I wish they had mixed the audio better in X3 because I don't remember being as impressed with it in the film as I am on CD. It's fantastic.

Anyone who is the best to deliver a truly epic and heroic score befitting the character and direction/style of the film is my choice in the end, though. Whether it's one of those guys or someone I've never even heard of.

I loved the Iron Man score. There were some cool moments such as IM's maiden flight.

Agreed Cap should have something memorable for the years to come...

Actually leaning toward Powell...His X3 and Bourne scores are among my all-time favorites. I wish they had mixed the audio better in X3 because I don't remember being as impressed with it in the film as I am on CD. It's fantastic.

I love John Powell's work as well. Mr & Mrs. Smith, Paycheck, The Italian Job, The Bourne films, all really great scores.

Silvestri would be a great choice - the fanfare in the BttF trilogy has a very heroic sound to it. I think Williams would even be good for this, but I'm not a huge Williams fan - at least, not his new stuff.

Wouldn't it be weird / cool if they used variations of a **** lode of patriotic songs?

:thing: :doom: :thing:

It'd all depend on how they did it. I do definitely want WW2 songs in there somewhere.. Edith Piaf, Vera Lynn... Stuff like that.

I would be interested to see what Silvestri could do with this.

Powell's best work was IMHO on the Bourne movies.

X-men 3 was generally just frustrating because none of the movies have a unified theme. Ottman's music for the second one was great, but they couldn't even bring that music back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"