Deadpool And the Orchestra blows up! The Deadpool Soundtrack/Score Thread

-JKR-

Superhero
Reaction score
So what do you think the soundtrack/score for Deadpool should sound like?

What composer should do the score?

I just rewatched the original Matrix this evening, and how awesome would it be if Don Davis made his gran comeback with Deadpool?

I'd prefer a variety of songs. Weird ones.

Ryan Reynolds
Curiously, the best thing about a #Deadpool photoshoot, is singing Dolly Parton songs full blast while heavily, HEAVILY armed. Unexpected

I don't. At all. Let's not make this a parody. I love how Tim Miller used Michael Kamen's Lethal Weapon score. Definitely a step in the right direction, both musically, and for the movie's tone.

I don't. At all. Let's not make this a parody. I love how Tim Miller used Michael Kamen's Lethal Weapon score. Definitely a step in the right direction, both musically, and for the movie's tone.

I think it should definitely have some over the top elements to it, but it shoule have a decent score as well. Tyler Bates would be my first choice, but John Ottman's score for X2 is (IMO) the best score in a CBM.

The songs written into the script fit perfectly ('Angel of the morning', 'X Gon' Give it to Ya').

I don't agree on the X2 score on the other hand. Was never a huge fan of it ( even though I like the theme). In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by the work John Ottman did on Days of Future Past (and also liked his Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang score by the way), so I'd be fine with him doing the score for Deadpool.

Other names which come to mind are Brian Tyler (Iron Man 3), Joe Kraemer (Jack Reacher) and, like I've said previously, Don Davis (The Matrix).

I didn't say make it a parody. But judging by what we got in the test footage, I'd like to think they would put some odd music choices in at comedic moments. People aren't going to think any less of Deadpool.

Heck, have you seen the official pic of Reynolds in the suit? Just oozes seriousness doesn't it... :whatever:

A funny promo pic is one thing. In case it's representative of the entire movie I'd be a bit worried, as I'd like them to take the character and his story seriously - with plenty of humour of course.

:whatever:

The full tracklist from the leaked 2010 draft of the screenplay, is as follows:

1. Angel Of The Morning - Juice Newton
2. I'm Waiting For The Man - Velvet Underground
3. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
4. Our Boat Is Rocking On The Sea - The Wiggles
5. I Want To Live - John Denver
6. The One That You Love - Air Supply
7. X Gon' Give It To Ya - DMX
8. Careless Whisper - George Michael

While five years have passed and I'm sure the script has gone through edits, definitely count on this kind of a random, loony track selection, if not some or all of these tracks being in the movie still. Hopefully, they throw in an Amy Winehouse track out of a more subtler tribute to the earlier draft.

It will obv have a proper score but also some pop songs. Kinda like GotG.

I hope they keep I Want To Live because it's use in the experimentation scenes made for a really creepy contrast.

I fully expect Deadpool to randomly start playing "Never Gonna Give You Up" during a fight scene. :o

But in all seriousness, that does seem like something he would do.

I fully expect Deadpool to randomly start playing "Never Gonna Give You Up" during a fight scene. :o

But in all seriousness, that does seem like something he would do.

I fully expect some 80's and 90's classics.

I'd Do Anything For Love

Gotta have some Duran Duran on there. Wild Boys or something lol..

Ramin Djwani or Marco Beltrami.

According the the film's wiki page, the composer is MYCHAEL DANNA. Awesome, if true.

[YT]FagcUPFdQ2c[/YT]

Imagine such atmospheric music during the darker scenes in the workshop:

[YT]qZmFMEDrK00[/YT]

Yes, the workshop scenes do get pretty dark in the script.

Last edited:
Meh! I didn't care for his Mad Max score. Rather they had hired someone else. He's gotten plenty of scoring gigs (BvS) as it is.

Finally! This is great news! I loved his Mad Max work.

This is very exciting as far as I'm concerned. His Mad Max work proves he can provide the frantic atmosphere Deadpool requires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"