Scorsese's The Irishman

Can we stop spamming this thread about the Marvel comments. This is not the Martin Scorsese Discussion Thread, this is for The Irishman.

Maybe it is good idea to be made a separate thread?
Everything is about Marvel.

The Marvel comments aren't going anywhere. It's clear this is part of Martin Scorsese's Oscar campaign and I don't blame him. From all the raging fanboy discourse, they're giving him free marketing.

Can we stop spamming this thread about the Marvel comments. This is not the Martin Scorsese Discussion Thread, this is for The Irishman.

Maybe it is good idea to be made a separate thread?

its fair though cause he's promoting the irishman through his comments about marvel. If martin himself had kept quiet none of this would be brought up

I must admit the whole "they are invading us" comments are a little bit much, but oh well...

giphy.gif

So first it's hilarious and now it's crushingly sad? Interesting.

I hope we eventually start to hear more from the supporting cast. There's so many good actors in this.

So what?

He doesn’t like Marvel movies. SHOCK! Since when has Scorsese ever praised a blockbuster? Marvel doesn’t need your defending. Let him has his opinion. And he can say it a million times if he wants to.
You can have an opinion but when you re talking about stuff you should at least know what re you re talking about.

I like or dont like x is acceptable.
They are invading us is not acceptable and people called him out for his ingorance/delusion.

Less than 10% is hardly invading anyone.

Scorsese is a master of his craft. One of the best of all time but his marvel comments are deserving of a "CLOWN award" period.

I must admit the whole "they are invading us" comments are a little bit much, but oh well...

Its not just "a bit much" its out of touch with reality which is probably coming from a buthurt person otherwise its pure ignorance and/or delusion.

Comic book movies are not even 10% of the yearly pie.

There are a lot of other movies playing at the cinemas. The thing is audiences DONT CARE.

Last edited:
Please don't clog this thread with more of these criticisms on Scorsese's Marvel comments. Take it to a more fitting thread, please.

You can have an opinion but when you re talking about stuff you should at least know what re you re talking about.

I like or dont like x is acceptable.
They are invading us is not acceptable and people called him out for his ingorance/delusion.

Less than 10% is hardly invading anyone.

Scorsese is a master of his craft. One of the best of all time but his marvel comments are deserving of a "CLOWN award" period.

Its not just "a bit much" its out of touch with reality which is probably coming from a ******** person otherwise its pure ignorance and/or delusion.

Comic book movies are not even 10% of the yearly pie.

There are a lot of other movies playing at the cinemas. The thing is audiences DONT CARE.

Martin Scorsese can spit on Kevin Feige's bald head and Feige himself would say thank you. I would sacrifice the entire MCUniverse for Taxi Driver. I'll even be more honest with you, man, IF you ever disrespect him even in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

martin-scorsese-taxi-driver-director-cinematography-best-shots-blog-feature.jpg

Well I don’t hold an exalted opinion of Taxi Driver in the first place just because I’m “supposed” to.

I wish this never happened so we can just hear about The Irishman. I think "They're not my thing or I wish different films got more respect" would have been cool. But the hyperbolic stuff like they're not cinema, or comparing them to "narrative" films when you know very well they are (whether you like the narrative is up to you), or now Coppola calling them despicable, that's when my eyes starting rolling a little bit. I wish actual poorly made piece of trash films got dogged out like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"