The Dark Knight Script Leak Unlikely?

Ok, so I watch Google News for 'the dark knight' using an RSS reader and about 15 mins ago this story popped up:

(from: http://movies.hollyscoop.com/the-dark-knight/the-dark-knight-script-was-guarded-247_650.aspx)

They don't quote a source but I can believe WB would go through that to protect the TDK script.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for discussion.

Maggies' assistants antics seem like something Aris' gay assistant from show Entourage would do. LOL...

Silly....20 hours in the driveway??....beyond dumb....

Let me raise an all-important question:

Who here actually WANTS the script to leak?

Oh i totally would. I am a film director myself and I love to read the script first, get an idea of how i would do things, and then watch the movie and see how someone else did things. It's kinda fun. Plus its TDK.

haha this is funny

so my friend's uncle got the spidey 3 script b4 the movie came out and he said he can git this script too...

i highly doubt it even if his uncle is james cameron's bodyguard

Iron Jim needs a bodyguard?!

I think that's cool as hell that they would protect the movie like that.

I think that's cool as hell that they would protect the movie like that.

I doubt theyre protecting it that hard. I mean, 20 hours in a car, whats to say she didnt fire up the scanner as soon as she got in the house, you know?

This story seems a bit far fetched in my opinion.

Expecially if she is not only a new mom, but was trying to read the script, how do we no Mr. WB didnt take a drive to Hardees for 20 mintues or so?

Oh i totally would. I am a film director myself and I love to read the script first, get an idea of how i would do things, and then watch the movie and see how someone else did things. It's kinda fun. Plus its TDK.

I'm a film director myself, but TDK is way too anticipated for me to go reading it all and spoiling the fun. The beauty of film is in the surprises.

Let me raise an all-important question:

Who here actually WANTS the script to leak?

I kind of do. Even if I read the script, I'll be surprised about how the film turns out. Seeing the visual and reading it are two separate things. I know that when I read novels or stories that are later made into movies that remain close to the original source, I still enjoy it and I'm still excited about it.

So if Nolan is that protective of his scripts...how did the one for BB get leaked??

I never understand how scripts get leaked in the first place.

If I were a Director in Hollywood, nobody would get their own copy including studios. You want to read it...well I'm going to be in the room with you waiting it out.

It's like some Directors don't care and they let it get passed around till some dumb **** decides to leak it on the internet.

I can understand that directors, especially if they're co-writers don't want any possibility of endings being leaked, etc.

But here is my question... even if you stare at the cast person while they read the script and then take it right back, what prevents them from writing out all the major plot points and sending it out to the fan-sites, or just blabbing to all their friends about the big "surprise" at the end or whatever? I mean you cant stop everyone from talking. They finish filming like 6 months before it comes out, what if some camera guy or boy grip or extra talks about the huge "surprise scene" at the end and sends out a mass email?

You can't prevent all knowledge from escaping - its not possible.

And the more you try to hide it the more people try to steal it. IE Harry Potter leaks.

It has been kept under wraps this long I just can't imagine it coming out in the next two months but anything is possible....

It has been kept under wraps this long I just can't imagine it coming out in the next two months but anything is possible....

Maybe the closer we get to the release the better the chances are ;) Every step of production is more people seeing the completed project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"