Script?!

Robin91939

Master Tim
Reaction score
If I wanted to submit a script to DC, a comics script, who would I mail it to and does anyone know of an address. I have a really good script that is complete...it's a small, 5 issue 22 page an issue story that I want to have at least read....anyone know how to help? I know that DC is located at 1700 Broadway, New York City, New York. But, is there an office I should send it to? Paul Levitz? Dan Didio? Who? Where?

-R

I remember reading somewhere they don't read/accept mailed scripts. Sorry about that, man. :csad:

If I wanted to submit a script to DC, a comics script, who would I mail it to and does anyone know of an address. I have a really good script that is complete...it's a small, 5 issue 22 page an issue story that I want to have at least read....anyone know how to help? I know that DC is located at 1700 Broadway, New York City, New York. But, is there an office I should send it to? Paul Levitz? Dan Didio? Who? Where?

-R

No major publishers accept fan scripts. It will be tossed in the cylinder filing cabinet as soon as it reaches their desk.

you gotta pitch it to them man. they dont just read scripts.

You got a summary of this story by any chance?

ROBIN: OUT OF THE DARKNESS

Tim Drake became Gotham’s third Robin so he could bring light into Batman’s life. He wanted to make him slow down, make him calculate the risks of his actions. He was never a tremendous fighter; however, he was a highly skilled detective. He was one of the few people to deduce the identity of Batman and the original Robin, Dick Grayson. The boy had tremendous potential. Bruce Wayne even had him on the short list of successors to the Batman mantle.

Following the events of ‘War Games’ and’ Identity Crises’, Tim Drake became increasingly more like Bruce Wayne- cold, cynical. More and more- tragedy made him a perfect candidate for the mantle of Batman. He lost his girlfriend, Stephanie Brown, at the hands of crime kingpin, the Black Mask. Then his father was murdered by Captain Boomerang.

Tim began to lose the light that he originally wanted to show the Dark Knight. Without it, there slowly became no need for a Robin. This was until Tim Drake met a young woman, Alison Spencer. It was after his experience with this young woman, that he realized that the light that he had drowned out in the past two years was what he has really been looking for, a reason to pull himself- Out of the Darkness.

This is the basic idea....

As you know, the DC universe has been going through a lot of changes since the Crises. Part of this, was returning Batman more to his original form, making him more human and less of a madman. Something that has not been dealt with as thoroughly is the character of Tim Drake. After Stephanie Brown and his father were murdered he fell into darkness. He became, as many fans have pointed out, increasingly more like Batman. If he was so much like Batman what was the point of him being Robin?

So, this is the story of Tim Drake. How he copes with his father’s death, his adoption by Bruce Wayne as well as his life of being Robin and seeing the terrible things he’s seen. Ultimately it is a story of him finding the strength to forgive himself for his father’s death.

This is a dark story. It is gritty and portrays the villain, The Mad Hatter in a disturbing way. He has always been alluded to as a pedophile and that’s what my version of the character his. He is evil, a threat. He doesn’t just sit and drink tea and sing nursery rhymes. He doesn’t use odd contraptions for mind-control inside hats. He is a cold hearted killer. He has a fetish for little girls inspired by his love for the children’s story, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. He uses crude methods of persuasion and mind control (sleep deprivation, drugging, and hypnotism) all in the attempt to brain wash his perfect “Alice”. We have never seen the Hatter done as an actual threat to the people of Gotham City. I want this story to do for him what HUSH did for The Riddler. I want to make him important again. He’s not the mastermind of a lot of villains, but he is dangerous and menacing. He still has the charm and mannerisms of the classic Mad Hatter; I just made him more sick and dangerous.

This takes place in the period of time right after Bruce Wayne adopted Tim Drake, taking place a little after the last issue of Batman: Face the Face.

And if they don't take mailed scripts, how do I get this read?

-R

*steals idea*
*mails it to DC*
*gets published*

the best you can do is send them a pitch packet, which usually involves a treatment, a 1-2 page summary of your story. you lay everything out, all your twists and turns, etc...you dont hold anything back, you let them know everything.

also, no offense, but thats a poorly written summary. you dont need to give that much backstory...people at dc knows whats up with their characters. you only need one or two sentences of backstory so they know where your coming from with the character. secondly, you say its a dark story and tim dealing with darkness, but you dont tell us how thats being played out. you've given us absolutely no plot, and thats the most important thing here.

the best you can do is send them a pitch packet, which usually involves a treatment, a 1-2 page summary of your story. you lay everything out, all your twists and turns, etc...you dont hold anything back, you let them know everything.

also, no offense, but thats a poorly written summary. you dont need to give that much backstory...people at dc knows whats up with their characters. you only need one or two sentences of backstory so they know where your coming from with the character. secondly, you say its a dark story and tim dealing with darkness, but you dont tell us how thats being played out. you've given us absolutely no plot, and thats the most important thing here.

Lol. That was all done intentionally. If I'm seriously considering selling/sending/pitching this story to DC...why would I put the details of the story on the internet? That would pretty much kill any chance of it being printed. I intentionally kept it vague, I just wanted to display the direction and take I had.

-R

Hey robin, let me know how it goes. I'm kind of in the same situation.

No matter where you send it, it'll end up here:
2806_sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"