Sean Mckeever is dooing the Teen titans

Kebab gud

Sidekick
Reaction score
and no.. not in a Deathstroke type of way..
but as the series ongoing writer starting issue 50 (with a few others and running solo from 51 on)

sooo hes dooing the titans and BOP ... sweet

I like McKeever a lot. I just read about the creative change on Newsarama, and I think I'll start picking TT up again when McKeever comes onboard. The crappiness of the OYL characterizations has died down some, Beechen is staying the **** away, and Randy Green's penciling. Seems like a pretty good time to give it another try.

Great news! Though, I had decided to drop Titans with Beechen coming on board and the last couple of arcs being pretty bad. Don't know if I'll stick around.

Awesome news. I was going to stick with Titans either way, but I'm pretty sure I'll prefer McKeever over Beechen.

I like McKeever a lot. I just read about the creative change on Newsarama, and I think I'll start picking TT up again when McKeever comes onboard. The crappiness of the OYL characterizations has died down some, Beechen is staying the **** away, and Randy Green's penciling. Seems like a pretty good time to give it another try.

i'm not familiar with randy green. what's he worked on? does anyone have any samples of his art that they could post?

Now all we need to do is get rid of Barrionuevo and we're good ;)

Sean McKeever is perfect for Teen Titans. Good Pick.

On the badside I was really happy the "space team" were getting a mini and then... they had to go and put Beechen on it :/

Couldn't they have just put Jim Starlin on it after his awesome Mystery in Space book.

What's wrong with Beechen? Youse guys still whining about that Batgirl thing?

I am. I hear Teen Titans got even worse when he came onboard to help Johns out, too. Really, though, the Cassandra thing is all I need to hate him.

Or maybe because the last issue of Teen Titans sucked :o

I am. I hear Teen Titans got even worse when he came onboard to help Johns out, too. Really, though, the Cassandra thing is all I need to hate him.

It's wrong to hate Beechen for that particular reason, especially since it was editorially mandated. An editorially mandated story that made Batgirl evil, or making Gwen Stacy a ****e, etc. is bound to suck.

Although the last issue was such a downer, hate him for that since he did most of the work for it.

Well, I wouldn't know. Dropped Titans a good while ago. (yearly space cleaning on the pull list.)

But I did buy Robin for awhile during OYL, and his stuff was good up until I dropped it. Not because it sucked or because of Batgirl (who I was never all that fond of in the first place.) but again, because it wasn't good enough to keep. From what I've read, the guys a fine writer.

It's wrong to hate Beechen for that particular reason, especially since it was editorially mandated. An editorially mandated story that made Batgirl evil, or making Gwen Stacy a ****e, etc. is bound to suck.

Although the last issue was such a downer, hate him for that since he did most of the work for it.

exactly. i don't think it was beechen's idea to have deathstroke manipulate batgirl into joining the "dark side". he was just doing what he was told to do.

One of the most irritating arguments someone can make is that one blame a writer for an editorial decision.

I'll agree, it's not Beechen's fault Batgirl turned evil.

It's Beechen's fault that the story that revealed the evil Batgirl was so insanely bad.

In fact, it was so bad that that Beechen himself helped Geoff Johns retcon it. That's why Beechen sucks.

I'll admit that, since the Batgirl story, Robin has not completely sucked. However, it IS a bland, un-exciting, generic title without a single quality to make it stand out. In fact, Beechen's primary contribution to the Robin mythos, Dodge, HAS managed to blow pretty hard.

And the others are right, the Titans East story has been pretty awful, and has infact succeeded in ruining Batgirl even more. The fact that Beechen will not be taking over Titans is fantastic news. I really look forward to McKeever's run.

One of the most irritating arguments someone can make is that one blame a writer for an editorial decision.

I'll agree, it's not Beechen's fault Batgirl turned evil.

It's Beechen's fault that the story that revealed the evil Batgirl was so insanely bad.

In fact, it was so bad that that Beechen himself helped Geoff Johns retcon it. That's why Beechen sucks.

I'll admit that, since the Batgirl story, Robin has not completely sucked. However, it IS a bland, un-exciting, generic title without a single quality to make it stand out. In fact, Beechen's primary contribution to the Robin mythos, Dodge, HAS managed to blow pretty hard.

And the others are right, the Titans East story has been pretty awful, and has infact succeeded in ruining Batgirl even more. The fact that Beechen will not be taking over Titans is fantastic news. I really look forward to McKeever's run.

But see, it goes back to square one, if it wasn't editorially mandated, there would be no story for Beechen to suck ass writing on. At least you can admit the Robin title isn't that bad (I enjoy it) and **** Dodge, Killa Nilla is where it's at.

I don't care who mandated it, the story was extremely poorly written, and that is Beechen's fault.

I don't care who mandated it, the story was extremely poorly written, and that is Beechen's fault.

I don't think anyone is denying that, but you just refuse to see the big picture.

To be fair to Beechen, most editorially mandated stories suck ass in the first place. Take a look at Sins Past.

What does the big picture have to do with Beechen's writing ability?

yeah, he's been ok on the title, but he's also done a lot of things that pissed me off, aside from the batgirl stuff. i wouldn't miss him if he left robin.

yeah, he's been ok on the title, but he's also done a lot of things that pissed me off, aside from the batgirl stuff. i wouldn't miss him if he left robin.

Like what?

To be fair to Beechen, most editorially mandated stories suck ass in the first place. Take a look at Sins Past.
As far as I recall, the only editorially mandated thing in Sins Past was that Peter couldn't be the father. Even if Peter were the father, however, Sins Past would've still sucked beyond reckoning. Just slightly less.

Leaguer coverd the Beechen/Batgirl issue nicely. I don't care who decided Batgirl should be evil. Beechen's the one who decided Batgirl would be evil because of daddy issues with Bruce and Cain, which is pretty much the worst idea ever. Beechen's the one who decided that Robin's fighting-without-style 'technique' would be effective against the world's greatest hand-to-hand fighter, 'cause throwing sloppy, random punches has just gotta work against anyone. Beechen's the one who, after retconning his dumb-ass original story away, still failed to comprehend anything at all about Batgirl's character by having her declare that she would kill Deathstroke over and over again. Beechen ****ed Batgirl up every which way, and it's sad that people feel the need to defend him based on his mediocre other work. If Countdown could still make sense without Beechen's issues, I'd steal every copy of them from my shop and burn them.

Beechen's the one who, after retconning his dumb-ass original story away, still failed to comprehend anything at all about Batgirl's character by having her declare that she would kill Deathstroke over and over again.

That was Johns story from the get go. He made Cassandra that way, remember that Beechen only scripted those last two issues, he was working off of Johns story, and Johns made her say the same thing when he was writing the issue all by his lonesome. See, that's why the Beechen hate is so irrational.

EDIT: I do however agree that he is a mediocre writer, but nowhere near as bad as you guys want him to be. I get that you guys are passionate about Cassandra Cain as she has her little niche internet following, but really, it's time to move on. If I hated every writer because they ****ed up a favorite character of mine, I probably wouldn't even be typing this right now as I would have given up comics a long time ago.

Like what?

how about that issue where he tried to sneak into the police station to steal evidence only to get caught in the act and then sneak out wearing a police uniform. that was dumb as hell. why didn't he just dress up like an officer in the first place? he was trained by a master of disguise. plus, what does it say for all the training that he got from batman in regards to stealth if he gets caught by a fat cop munching on donuts and watching tv alone in the evidence room?

also, that little fight between him and shiva where he actually managed to knock her down. i didn't buy it.

there's probably more but that's all i can remember off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"