Sean Mckeever is dooing the Teen titans

There was a lot more in that line up than the big seven. Pretty much the same line up that was in Justice.

There was a lot more in that line up than the big seven. Pretty much the same line up that was in Justice.

you're right. i just thumbed through it and there were a ton of other leaguers and heroes in it like green arrow, black canary, capt. marvel and even metamorpho. that's not the superfriends, though. it was pretty much a bunch of silver age heroes.

Which is pretty much what's in Justice.

Which is pretty much what's in Justice.

justice has more, though. like the teen titans and the metal men. plus, it's got the legion of doom. it's more superfriends-esque (that sounds pretentious) than liberty and justice.

It was a Justice League story. The absence of the Metal Men or the Titans does not mean they don't exist in that world. You don't assume that there is no Teen Titans when the JLA are taking on an army of White Martians or the planets become sentient and is trying to get rid of all intelligent life, and no other teams or villains are in sight.

It's like this, Liberty and Justice, and pretty much all the Ross stuff including Kingdom Come, can likely be jumbled in to one universe. It's this classic, Super Friends esque League. Not quite silver age, nowhere near modern. Which isn't a bad thing. Heh, Ross stuff basically has been given it's own universe. It's likely the same for the DCAU as well.

but is that a bad thing? its not in continuity so whats wrong with it?

I've never seen anything wrong with it. In or out of continuity.

It was a Justice League story. The absence of the Metal Men or the Titans does not mean they don't exist in that world. You don't assume that there is no Teen Titans when the JLA are taking on an army of White Martians or the planets become sentient and is trying to get rid of all intelligent life, and no other teams or villains are in sight.

It's like this, Liberty and Justice, and pretty much all the Ross stuff including Kingdom Come, can likely be jumbled in to one universe. It's this classic, Super Friends esque League. Not quite silver age, nowhere near modern. Which isn't a bad thing. Heh, Ross stuff basically has been given it's own universe. It's likely the same for the DCAU as well.

i'm not saying that just because others like the titans or metal men didn't show up in "liberty and justice" that they don't exist in whatever universe it's supposed to take place in. just that they didn't appear in the story. it's been a while since i've seen an episode of the superfriends, but i remember robin being a recurring member on the show. nothing from that show was present in "liberty and justice", aside from the established silver age version of the main characters. "justice" at least had a legion of doom-type team of villains so it's easier to justify calling it a superfriends-centric story. i just don't see the connection with the other stories he's been a part of. sure, he's confessed to being a big fan of the show and that era, but there really aren't any clear nods to the show in "liberty and justice", "batman: war on crime", or "jla: secret origins" or any other of his stories, that i can think of. maybe i'm missing something, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"