Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 1 - Resurrection SPOILER Discussion

I know we aren’t invested in Maria Hill because she’s had little moments here and there but I was hoping this show would give the character a chance to grow. fury is shield but he needs some key players. Other than Natasha I was under the impression that he trusted hill more than just about anybody.

unless you’re going to bring The Calvary to this show, which I would totally be in favor of, this feels like a waste.

also I don’t know much about skrulls so I have some research to do.

This episode was bad. And it was just a waste of Fury and Talos. They had to practically drag the Fury that people actually like out at the end of the episode.

I know this series is supposed to be "serious", but come on guys, there is a middle ground between super serious and MCU joke-a-thon.

Also, always great to start your series off with a classic fridging.

I'm sort of confused by Talos' comments about Fury. "After the Blip, you disappeared."

He disappeared because he was dead, mate, through no fault of his own. Also, he had a bunch of Skrulls he was working with onboard SABER. So how did he just disappear? This is all very confusing. Clearly, everyone was on good terms enough that you had Skrulls openly working with Fury onboard SABER, so is this a retcon or something? I just need something to better establish where the breakdown occurred.

Also, didn't Captain Marvel take all the Skrulls away after her movie? Why did they all go back? What has Captain Marvel been doing for the last 25 years that hasn't helped?
The way I read "blip" was that it was the cute term that came after everyone returned. For them it was a 5 year blip in time. The survivors of Thanos being portrayed as the real victims. So after he returned instead of heading right back into combat like the Avengers and Wakanda's army Fury retreated from public life as the Skrulls advocate among earth's elite.

As for the Skrulls themselves given their natural ability to mimic it seems where life already exist nobody wants a Skrull around whose very nature is to sneak someone into place to take over. As opposed to a refugee Asgardian who might overpower you but he does it face to face in an "honorable way"

The way I read "blip" was that it was the cute term that came after everyone returned. For them it was a 5 year blip in time. The survivors of Thanos being portrayed as the real victims. So after he returned instead of heading right back into combat like the Avengers and Wakanda's army Fury retreated from public life as the Skrulls advocate among earth's elite.

OK but after he came back from the snap, he was on SABER and there were literal Skrulls working for him on SABER, and they were clearly living and working there safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"