Captain Marvel Spoilers Thread

Feige mentioned in an interview that Carol is not all powerful and that she indeed does have an Achilles heel. I wonder if she becomes weak when she doesn't have power to draw from?

Feige mentioned in an interview that Carol is not all powerful and that she indeed does have an Achilles heel. I wonder if she becomes weak when she doesn't have power to draw from?

Hmm, it just occurred to me that she might have drawn power from the Mar-Vell's lab at the end of of the movie.

Or is it the Tesseract?

That's one question I had, which is basically: to what extent are Carol's powers linked to the Infinity Stone?

I thought that the film left that aspect a little vague, perhaps intentionally. But it could come into play later on, I suppose.

Or is it the Tesseract?

That's one question I had, which is basically: to what extent are Carol's powers linked to the Infinity Stone?

I thought that the film left that aspect a little vague, perhaps intentionally. But it could come into play later on, I suppose.

Even if she is tied to the Tesseract, I don't think it matters as long as the stone exists. As seen in the mid-credit scene she looks to be still at full power and that's after being out of physical contact with the Tesseract for over 20 years.

And if she can adsorb energy from just about any source, then the Tesseract was only a catalyst and is not required for her power.

I'm sure you're right that her powers don't depend on the Tessaract, but I could see that being a weakness.

Thanos still has it, right? It's implied that the gauntlet burnt out, but I'm not sure about the Infinity Stones themselves. Probably not. They will be needed for reasons of plot, I would think.

Something I noticed while looking at the IW credit scene. Just as the Snap is happening and Fury and Hill realize that something is going wrong, Hill calls him 'Nick' twice... So there is at least someone in the universe who calls him something other than Fury! :D

I'm sure you're right that her powers don't depend on the Tessaract, but I could see that being a weakness.

Thanos still has it, right? It's implied that the gauntlet burnt out, but I'm not sure about the Infinity Stones themselves. Probably not. They will be needed for reasons of plot, I would think.
Here is an idea... Maybe her connection to one of the Stones allows the team to track Thanos who is still in possession of them?

Could be the 'Achilles Heal' that was mentioned.

Here is an idea... Maybe her connection to one of the Stones allows the team to track Thanos who is still in possession of them?

I could see that happening, though I hope her power is no longer dependent on the stone, if Thanos might be able to turn her off with a snap...

It would basically fit with the idea some were suggesting earlier that Carol may have gotten used to the idea of being almost invincible, and not really needing a team, but then Thanos turns out to be more of a problem than she expected.

The Tesseract could be a factor there.

Something I noticed while looking at the IW credit scene. Just as the Snap is happening and Fury and Hill realize that something is going wrong, Hill calls him 'Nick' twice... So there is at least someone in the universe who calls him something other than Fury! :D

They’ve all called him Nick!

eun982.jpg

Well, he ends up being friends with Talos, so maybe he changes his policy on that over the course of time lol.

I did think that having the exchange about his name almost back-to-back with Talos' mistake was overly convenient, but whatever. You see that type of set-up in scripts all the time, of course, but often there is more of an attempt at separating the clue for the audience and the pay-off later on.

The way I took it was that they have wormhole points that can be accessed...but it's a slow trip between those points...so FTL travel would get you from jump point to jump point with a quickness.

Im assuming they have something in place for that for Endgame.

Honestly it would really suck if she just came in and smacked Thanos around like a toddler. Obviously hope she plays a part in his downfall but I don't think they can just have her one-shotting him after just one movie it wouldn't feel like she had earned it compared to the rest.

What if the Coulson that we knew from The Avengers and Agents of Shield was a Skrull the entire time, and the rest of the world didn't know about it?

Not the OG Coulson. If he'd been a Skrull he would have reverted as soon as he died. I don't know about AoS Coulson though.

Dont like how dumb they made Carol at times. Like her first interaction with Coulson and Fury. Obviously she is on a foreign land and these people have no idea what she was or talking about, yet she talked to them as if they should. Its as if she had no concept of why they would be confused. She had zero common sense for the sake of a comedic beat which didnt land

Not the OG Coulson. If he'd been a Skrull he would have reverted as soon as he died. I don't know about AoS Coulson though.

Liked what little screen time he had, when he sees Carol & Nick and decides to let them go I was like :funny:

Dont like how dumb they made Carol at times. Like her first interaction with Coulson and Fury. Obviously she is on a foreign land and these people have no idea what she was or talking about, yet she talked to them as if they should. Its as if she had no concept of why they would be confused. She had zero common sense for the sake of a comedic beat which didnt land

She didn't know where she was. There was no reason to think that she was not on a world familiar with the Kree, esp since the planet has a Kree designation. Once talking to Fury, she realized pretty quick though.

She didn't know where she was. There was no reason to think that she was not on a world familiar with the Kree, esp since the planet has a Kree designation. Once talking to Fury, she realized pretty quick though.
Huh? Even if she didnt know where she was, it was obvious that Coulson and Fury were not dressed like aliens and were obviously confused. She talked the same way to the security guard earlier, yet she didnt pick on how off things were pretty quick. It was stupid and made her stupid to be that slow about it. It didnt feel natural at all and was only there for comedy

One has to infer that she is expecting the denizens of this world to be familiar with the Kree and Star Force, as would have been the case on many other worlds, I suppose.

The Kree have been there, as is confirmed in various ways, but it's like a backwater. That's a pretty common idea from the comics and elsewhere, earth as a fairly unremarkable and primitive place that suddenly becomes important because of... whatever plot.

It's a type of humor that we have seen before in these movies, at least in Thor and Wonder Woman. I can't say that I thought this scene was a particularly effective example of it, but the jokes did land in my showings.

Precisely. Plus it appears this is her first mission after training, so she has probably only been on Hala before first going to a ruined colony and then to Earth. And again, after talking to Fury for a few moments, she realized it.

I have to wonder if Monica and her daughter were victims of The Snap happening on Earth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"