Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 5 - Harvest SPOILER Discussion Thread

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
The penultimate episode is here! And beyond this post there be SPOILERS! Enter at your own risk!!!!!

What did yall think?

This is quite messy, and confusing at some parts. Scenes feel like jumping around at random, so as motives. The best of all is to mix a bunch of DNAs into one little vial and this would give all powers to whoever uses it? Is this comic logic?

I wasn't really a fan of this episode. It basically served as a leadup to the finale. I'm hoping the finale is close to an hour long so we get things explained. Sometimes this show feels rushed.

I wasn't really a fan of this episode. It basically served as a leadup to the finale. I'm hoping the finale is close to an hour long so we get things explained. Sometimes this show feels rushed.
This show feels rushed and yet at the same time it also feels like the story could have been told in four episodes, much like a few other MCU D+ series.

This show has really, really been carried by the acting. Good acting, decent dialogue, nonsensical story. This sums up the show perfectly for me. If I'm to be honest with my self. Like someone else said I do appreciate the dark tone tho.

The best of all is to mix a bunch of DNAs into one little vial and this would give all powers to whoever uses it? Is this comic logic?
The way I took it is that I think it's supposed to be implied that the vial only contains Carol Danver's DNA. Based on Fury's conversation, he specifically pointed out Carol when talking about the Harvest. I do agree it's not fully clear in the scene but I can't see why they would mix every heroes DNA together.

Anyway as far as the episode goes, I feel the momentum picked up after the last 2 and I liked this one a lot. But having said that, I have a feeling they are not going to stick the landing in the end. Certain obvious things I didn't think would do, they ended up doing which is why I'm trying to go into the finale will my expectations in check. I hope I'm wrong but we'll see.

Also Olivia Colman continues to be the MVP of this show.

Last edited:
, I have a feeling they are not going to stick the landing in the end.
This tracks considering FATWS fell on it's face towards the end with a muddled message. And a anti-villain that was kinda done dirty.

Last edited:
This show feels rushed and yet at the same time it also feels like the story could have been told in four episodes, much like a few other MCU D+ series.

Man with some trimming, this would’ve been a bomb ass Special Presentation like Werewolf By Night was. But that’s not the case, it’s like they hacked up a movie into six parts.

"Scandinavian cemetery.." NORDIC cemetery! Also, terrible Finnish by the fake Fury. At least the customs officer was played by an actual Finnish actress and talked perfect Finnish.

Liked the episode, like the previous ones. One of the best acted Marvel Disney+ shows.

Not sure what the point of Harvest is. Wouldn't you want individual DNA instead of them all jumbled up in one tube?

Man with some trimming, this would’ve been a bomb ass Special Presentation like Werewolf By Night was. But that’s not the case, it’s like they hacked up a movie into six parts.
Par for the course with the MCU shows except WandaVision and She-Hulk. The rest feel like long movies with all the unnecessary deleted scenes kept in.

Olivia Colemen really shined in this episode IMO. You can tell she is definitely having a blast in the role, and I was surprised that they actually gave her some pretty badass scenes lol.

This show still has its problems, but I like how they still find a way to give these actors their time to shine and these last couple of episodes have really been hitting for me.

Hopefully, it ends on a high note next week.

This episode felt like filler to me. Common issue with these 5th episodes of the D+ series. But when Fury gets asked why he didn't call any superheroes and he gives that long and lame explanation, I died of laughter cause all I can think was "Why? Cause we ain't got the budget for that! We already spent 200 million on this show! Plus, then this entire situation would just be resolved! Where's the fun!"

I like the show overall, but this explanation was beyond flimsy

I liked Olivia Coleman’s scenes she is great but not so much what they did with Sonya. For me she seems just to show up and kill someone without clearly showing how she and SIS were involved about Scrull and how their operations crossed path with Fury. There were some choppy chatting here and there (among a lot of other chatty expositions) to hastily explain but not enough showing. They probably don’t have time given 6 episodes. They barely had time for Skrullos and the revolt was a bit out of the blue. The leader killed one guy and the rest just rose up including a new recruit (days or weeks most) who wasn’t sure about his place. Something else must have been looming underneath way before that revolt. We barely saw Scrullos. Again no time. Then the “Council”, which seemed to be a thing with a dissent that leads to nowhere. All these (and more) plus a serious lack of major tension and suspense make me less than thrilled about this thriller.

Not sure what the point of Harvest is. Wouldn't you want individual DNA instead of them all jumbled up in one tube?
I agree with Venom 1988, that it isn't a vile of mixed biological material but the specific one to get the biggest prize, the Carol Danvers DNA as she is the most powerful beings in all aspects. Since ultimately, she can't be stopped by anyone if she returns to Earth to avenge. Maybe the Asgardians could slow her down a bit.

Which brings up a theory I read elsewhere that when Sonya was talking about the males of the species when dispatching a Skrull who could have snapped his hostage's neck even if he didn't have a gun and her look when she realized that Fury married a Skrull, is that she is a member of a third alien species that can pass for human, or maybe a deep cover Talos following Skrull on the hunt.

Good episode but this show has underutilized Olivia Colman. She was the highlight of this episode as well as the team up between Priscilla and Ghia.

I'm with @AVEITWITHJAMON, I haven't disliked any of the episodes but I haven't been crazy about any of them either. It's been a fine show, slightly worse than Falcon and Winter Soldier for me so far

16d6cf40389ac41384de2db0902207b7ce3f569e.gifv

It's wild to me that for the past 5 episodes Fury has not even attempted to address why there seemingly has been no effort to relocate the skrulls after his promise.

I also feel like Gravik's character is executed even worse than Karli was in FatWS. Karli blowing up the GRC warehouse was kinda dumb, but at least she was somewhat believable as a terrorist leader trying to attain her goal. She showed some emotion, had allies who she did actually care about, and would at least consider if there were other ways to obtain her goal. Gravik doesn't seem to actually have any real relationships, and he doesn't really seem to care about doing what's best for the Skrull people since he's fine with slaughtering any of them at the slightest disagreement.

Honestly, I like the idea of a paranoid "who can you trust" slow burn. The problem is the stakes have to keep getting raised so it's not at all a slow burn and it's honestly not all that paranoid. Despite being shape shifters, we really figured out the players fairly early. The only question was whether we could trust Fury's wife, not who was a Skrull. Once Rhodes was revealed, that was the last one. This really should have had a large cast of characters who are all doing things that help save the day and make things worse so we don't know who is who.

ETA: I'm excited for next episode. Seems they're going for a "Fury is back" thing. But I'm not sure that was earned or that one episode is enough to justify that.

It's wild to me that for the past 5 episodes Fury has not even attempted to address why there seemingly has been no effort to relocate the skrulls after his promise.

I also feel like Gravik's character is executed even worse than Karli was in FatWS. Karli blowing up the GRC warehouse was kinda dumb, but at least she was somewhat believable as a terrorist leader trying to attain her goal. She showed some emotion, had allies who she did actually care about, and would at least consider if there were other ways to obtain her goal. Gravik doesn't seem to actually have any real relationships, and he doesn't really seem to care about doing what's best for the Skrull people since he's fine with slaughtering any of them at the slightest disagreement.
IMO Karli was wasted too, I mean Walker get to quip with the heroes while Karli gets to bleed out on the ground.

Honestly, I like the idea of a paranoid "who can you trust" slow burn. The problem is the stakes have to keep getting raised so it's not at all a slow burn and it's honestly not all that paranoid. Despite being shape shifters, we really figured out the players fairly early. The only question was whether we could trust Fury's wife, not who was a Skrull. Once Rhodes was revealed, that was the last one. This really should have had a large cast of characters who are all doing things that help save the day and make things worse so we don't know who is who.

ETA: I'm excited for next episode. Seems they're going for a "Fury is back" thing. But I'm not sure that was earned or that one episode is enough to justify that.
I think part of the problem is that others have put the main Skrull skill into play, last seen with comic effect as the catfisher coming on as Megan Thee Stallion in She-Hulk. Reminding us of S.H.I.E.L.D's technologically based mask also takes away from anybody can be a Skrull dread,

Although I am glad to see civil rights still exist in the MCU as nobody, but Sonya, has taken the Starfleet and Klingon solution to their few shapeshifter infiltrators of proving your human by spilling blood first.

I like this show but I don’t love it. As others have said the acting by many has been great but the overall story could be significantly better. I feel it would have been more interesting with Maria Hill and Talos still in the mix to give us a few more moving parts.

"Scandinavian cemetery.." NORDIC cemetery! Also, terrible Finnish by the fake Fury. At least the customs officer was played by an actual Finnish actress and talked perfect Finnish.

Liked the episode, like the previous ones. One of the best acted Marvel Disney+ shows.

Fake Fury's Finnish was hilarious. I didn't particularly care about the episode but still, torille. Can't believe Fury honeymooned here. To do what lol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"