Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 3 - Betrayed SPOILERS Discussion Thread

Wait, I'm a little confused. Why did that Skrull care so much about the kid if he wasn't his real dad? Unless that was a Skrull kid but we were never told? Or was he just playing along to not reveal his identity?

Its also possible that, by having all of the human's memories, and spending so much time in deep cover (depending how long he was in that role I guess) he may have had actual affection towards the human child

Ngl, I don't remember much of anything from this episode except G'iah getting shot and Fury and Talos entering that skrull's house to stop that sub lol. It was just over after it started to me. And yes the show is dark-ish, but it's only dark when compared to other MCU stuff. I'm still waiting waiting on some kinda ground shaking revelation or something with huge implications and I don't see it so far. The chemistry between Talos and Fury is still really good tho IMO.

I for one am all for that. We never get legitimately evil villains these days. And they're obviously trying to give him some sort of tragic backstory, but I really wish we could get a classic Bad Guy with a Capital B. "Complex villains" can be interesting, but ones that own their villainy are the most fun/cool.
I totally agree with this, I appreciate Anti-Villains but Marvel seems to botch them (just look at the flag smashers), but they're also terrible with straight up evil villains too they're all just whiney nobodies. Gravik's issue is more unique, he's not sympathetic enough to feel sorry for, and he's also not evil enough to root against. He's some kinda meandering middle ground.

The High Evolutionary was pretty damn evil and I LOVED it.

Gravik is a little bit lame, so far. I wish he was scarier or more sympathetic. Well, there's time for all that, but in the first three episodes, he hasn't made an impact of any kind.
I loved the High Evolutionary too.
Gravik is hate-able, that much is true, but not in a pleasant way. I’m actually tempted to turn off the tv when he comes on screen because he’s like that arrogant jerk at the bar that you just want to get away from.

Maybe that’s when Fury knew Rhodes was a Skrull but had to play dumb knowing how far their reach is. It’s funny after this convo with Rhodes he goes straight to see his estranged wife…

Or was it Rhodes playing with Fury by calling him Nick to see how he would react? Maybe Rhodes suspected Fury being a Skrull? Towards the end of that conversation, he did call him Fury.

I still think we're being led to believe that Rhodey is a Skrull and towards the end it's going to be revealed that he's not.

Wait, I'm a little confused. Why did that Skrull care so much about the kid if he wasn't his real dad? Unless that was a Skrull kid but we were never told? Or was he just playing along to not reveal his identity?

i wonder if he knew his dad had been replaced by a skrull
maybe he'd been in the role so long he actually did care, or he was just trying to appear like a caring father

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"