House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 1 "The Heirs of the Dragon"

Something hilarious that the Bald Move podcast noticed:

You know how grumpy Lord Stark looks in the final scene?

It’s almost certainly not because he’s sexist and hates the idea of a Crown Princess, because it’s probably the result of coming *all the way down from the North* to hear this proclamation and make this oath when the Starks had actually supported Rhaenys’s claim to the throne years ago

…which means they pointed at the female line with an already successful continuation into another generation, including a male heir in Rhaenys’s son, years ago at the much closer Harrenhall, got told they were wrong, accepted that decision, and then years later had to come all the way back down to Kingslanding for a decision that Viserys could expect them to accept if it weren’t the for the fact his own accession was against their advice and support.

“You idiots said we couldn’t have succession through the female line like we do on the North, the made me spend weeks on the road coming down from the North just to tell me you were doing succession through the female line anyway?”

I know everyone is talking about Daemon and Rhaenyra, but to me the two characters that have impressed me the most out of the first episode are these two:

82f68a583636ec9bb901f44b5ec6ea4fef5833a8.gifv

c0640b6100adcc0a0d01ece3a37c70d524dc8ea4.gifv

0883256edb920dba252b8450ca0479e28083a316.gifv
#1 Couple in Westeros. They're my favorite adult characters from this era, it makes me so happy to see them portrayed so perfectly and already be generating a big fanbase.
Something hilarious that the Bald Move podcast noticed:

You know how grumpy Lord Stark looks in the final scene?

It’s almost certainly not because he’s sexist and hates the idea of a Crown Princess, because it’s probably the result of coming *all the way down from the North* to hear this proclamation and make this oath when the Starks had actually supported Rhaenys’s claim to the throne years ago

…which means they pointed at the female line with an already successful continuation into another generation, including a male heir in Rhaenys’s son, years ago at the much closer Harrenhall, got told they were wrong, accepted that decision, and then years later had to come all the way back down to Kingslanding for a decision that Viserys could expect them to accept if it weren’t the for the fact his own accession was against their advice and support.

“You idiots said we couldn’t have succession through the female line like we do on the North, the made me spend weeks on the road coming down from the North just to tell me you were doing succession through the female line anyway?”
Yeah, I hope they make this more clear down the line - The Great Council was in fact overriding precedent. Westerosi tradition always favors the line of the firstborn, regardless of gender. Rhaenyra's own cousin Jeyne winds up ruling the Vale for that very reason. The lords carved out an exception to centuries of their own history specifically to keep a woman off the throne.

I know everyone is talking about Daemon and Rhaenyra, but to me the two characters that have impressed me the most out of the first episode are these two:

Yesss they were both great. Been reading up on Targaryen history and I can’t wait to see Rhaenys take Meleys for a ride.

I’m fairly certain the next few episodes are going to heavily imply “…Yeah, the realm really should have gone with Rhaenys and Corlys if they wanted authoritative, capable, and scary-in-a-good-way rulers…”

havent had a chance to watch yet but am looking forward too

however i am not a fan of the gore of the show and ive heard a'plenty that this show has it in spades

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"