• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Season 1, Episode 2 "Cut Man" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

So far Karen seems more like a love interest for Foggy than for Matt.

If i remember correctly i know foggy starts to fall for her while she falls for matt, in Daredevil yellow.

Geez this show is so great. All of the little details. So much emotion.

Wow 2 for 2 on fantastic episodes. The fight scenes and flashbacks are great so far. I was hoping to see actual creel from the AoS ep but wasn't expecting to in reality lol.

I love Foggy, hes great.

Wow this show is so on point! I'm loving it! Love the touches of red in the black suit. Every character on her is phenomenal. Plus Rosario is so fine

The interrogation scene was awesome too. And the flash backs are really well done and nicely timed. They dont last too long like in a lot of other stuff, and the transitions aren't abrupt like in MoS.

I love the fact that the fights don't look super quick. For example the leg take-down/trip move he used on the second to last guy in the corridor fight scene looked just right with the speed that particularguy fell to the floor with.

The fight scenes in this ep is even better than the first.

Some of the best fight sequences I have seen ever.

Another great episode, very good acting. Onto episode 3 I think I'm a need coffee.

Holy hell! THAT last scene! One of the best-constructed fight scenes I've seen on TV (or film!) in ages. Years from now, people will be referring to that scene as how to stage a fight. All done in one long take, revolving around the corridor, with believable fighting, all people tripping over each other and crushing, wince-inducing blows. Amazing. Phil Abrahams, who has directed episodes of MAD MEN and THE SOPRANOS, deserves major plaudits here. The acting also remains top notch, with Charlie Cox pushing Murdock into some morally murky terrain, while elsewhere we enjoy some fun Foggy/Karen rapport. But the acting MVP here could actually be he guy playing Battlin' Jack Murdock in flashbacks, imbuing Matt's father with real weight and tragedy. Stellar episode, topping even the great opener to make for genuinely thrilling television.

This show is awesome.
The fight scenes :hmr:

Claire might have just become my favorite character. I don't really like brawling type of fight scenes, but they are really well done here. Loved the drunk bonding between Foggy and Karen haha.

Onto episode three ->

Good god dat scene. I lol'd when that goon got a microwave to the face

That ending.

The Man Without Fear indeed.

Just finished this ep... Oddly enough, trying to watch this in between mommying is HARD!

That said, ACTUAL LITERAL MANPAIN.

I am loving every little bit of this show. Claire, Foggy, and Jack Murdock in particular are my favorites. I really need Cox to get accolades as well. He's incredible as Matt. And echoing the love for the title sequences. They're wonderful.

Has this already been renewed for a second season? No? How about now?

Now???

I said the first episode was the best ever superhero TV premiere. Well, the second is the best second episode yet too. It builds on the first episode and tops it. A great introduction to Rosario Dawson's Night Nurse and the banter between Matt and Claire was done just right, fitting the characters and the mood of the situation. I thought the actor portraying Jack Murdock was convincing. He could have been a throwaway character but he wasn't. Liked the flashback transitions too.

Really shocked at how invested I am in Matt and Jack's relationship. I know it's a huge part of DD's background, but the way they've been written and integrated into he show is flawless. DeKnight did it in a way that augments and enhances both characters. Just wonderful and beautiful and tragic.

OH MY GOD.
Daredevil has been officially established as a badass. He lives up to the Murdock name and always gets up. Even with a few broken ribs he gets up goes to where there holding the kid they took, takes out about 5 guys in a few minutes and saves the child. Not just a badass. But a determined hero. It's not just a cool moment but a defining moment as well.
In short, This series is amazing.

@T'Challa, same that was hilarious came outta no where.

I find Charlie to be absolutely incredible so far as Matt, just wow. John Patrick Haden really killed it as Jack Murdock as well, Skylar Gaertner as young Matt is very good as well. Top notch acting so far, incredible fight choreography, impeccable visuals, i'm pretty blown away.

Anti-torture fanatics not going to like this episode ;) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"