Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 3: "The Friendly Type" (SPOILERS)

Random thought, I'm wondering if it is the Jake persona that "wakes up" from the end of the episode knockout that he'll adopt that white hooded shirt/white jacket combo he's currently wearing as his version of the MK suit.

Really enjoyed the episode and... Given Khonshu's decision at the end... I'm liking him more (rather than just enjoying watching and hearing him)... Voice actor was great.

The middle part of going to see the sarcophagus was pretty quick/rushed but I've learned my lesson with Wandavision and not overthink these limited series. I'm just enjoying the show :D

I don't ususally watch all those easter egg videos people put out but this one's pretty interesting. Apparently the youngest Ammit cultist has a Rama-Tut design on his jacket. The video goes on the speculate whether Rama-Tut may have been Ammit's original avatar or whether his period of rule might be linked to the gods feeling abandoned by the humans. I think it's most likely just a visual reference/easter egg that doesn't mean anything more similar to Fin Fang Foom being on movie posters in Iron Man 3, but still interesting.

This episode was hit and miss for me. I still love the mystery and the mythos, and Isaac and Hawke continue to give outstanding performances. But several issues got on my nerves:
  • As has been well-documented, I hate "magic costumes," whether they're nano-tech or ACTUAL magic. At least Moon Knight's suits are physical costumes, so they look infinitely better than the Iron Spider suit, nano-Black Panther or nano-Iron Man suits. But they went and did the "reveal actor's face for no reason" thing this week and it was SO dumb.
  • Steven was REALLY irritating this week. Him fighting for control with Marc worked when he didn't know what was going wrong, but now he's trying to interfere in life-or-death situations because he *checks notes* doesn't want Marc to hurt the people trying to kill him? All just for a 15-second gag that killed the momentum of the fight.
  • What was up with the weird stylized **** in the fight? The random super-speed and slowmo jumps did not look good at all.
Also - the scene with the other avatars was incredibly underwhelming. That said, I remain excited to see what happens next.

I don't ususally watch all those easter egg videos people put out but this one's pretty interesting. Apparently the youngest Ammit cultist has a Rama-Tut design on his jacket. The video goes on the speculate whether Rama-Tut may have been Ammit's original avatar or whether his period of rule might be linked to the gods feeling abandoned by the humans. I think it's most likely just a visual reference/easter egg that doesn't mean anything more similar to Fin Fang Foom being on movie posters in Iron Man 3, but still interesting.

it would be really cool, if they set up Rama Tut in this project…but I expect it to be just an easter egg. In F&WS there was a guy in Madripoor wearing a jacket with Ogun on the back. This was also just an easter egg

God, I hate the shaky cam in the action.

Rewatching it right now. This was so good compared to everything what came after (except Guardians Holiday special)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"