Moon Knight Season 1, Episode 4: "The Tomb" (SPOILERS)

Movie budget would have helped.

Budget is very much not the issue. Because a lot of the issues I have with the show is even worse in the movies. Marvel very, very much has issues with having a slower, more personal story in their movies. Eternals and Black Widow are very much recent examples of this issue. This show compounds that with subpar action. (I swear to god, the next time the camera shakes I'm going to lose it...)

I loved the episode and the series as a whole, I feel it's unfair people saying it needed more episodes when we have two left still, but to each their own. I'm very satisfied so far

I was just thinking. We've been shown that Khonshu was easily imprisoned in stone by the other gods and clearly they had done that to Ammit before.
So if Ammit gets released by Harrow, what is stopping the other gods from just imprisoning Ammit in stone again?
Have they established why that wouldn't work or why the gods wouldn't do it?

I was just thinking. We've been shown that Khonshu was easily imprisoned in stone by the other gods and clearly they had done that to Ammit before.
So if Ammit gets released by Harrow, what is stopping the other gods from just imprisoning Ammit in stone again?
I assume the train of thought is if Ammit is released her Vengeance would be so swift that the gods would be dealt with before they'd be a problem.

FQ9OulPWYAMl1nw

One possible explanation: note the alcove where they put Khonshu's ushapti. He was not alone, not in the slightest. Depending on how much of a doom beast Ammit is, there might not be enough active Egyptian gods to actually do the imprisonment ritual against her. . . because the pantheon has been imprisoning their own members willy nilly over the millenia.

If this show wasn't connected to the MCU and there weren't just two episodes left, I wouldn't bother finishing it. It finally hit me while watching this episode, but this just feels sooo network TV. I'm not even interested to see where the character goes from here because we know absolutely nothing about Marc. Why should I be invested in him as a character?

If this show wasn't connected to the MCU and there weren't just two episodes left, I wouldn't bother finishing it. It finally hit me while watching this episode, but this just feels sooo network TV. I'm not even interested to see where the character goes from here because we know absolutely nothing about Marc. Why should I be invested in him as a character?

That Is a huge weakness in the show and has to fall squarely on the writers.

In comparison, Harrow is the most interesting character because we know what we need to know, as an audience, to understand his actions and motivations.

I have never been sold on Oscar Isaac as an actor , - but I still believe he could carry the show, if given better material. There's a little bit of character development for Steven in the episode, but since we still have a pretty nebulous idea of who he is, it doesn't mean a lot.

I think they should have started ep 1 with Marc as MK, had him die, then introduced Steven.

The other big problem is that the magic/ God power in the story is very poorly defined. It shows up to move the story along, but that's about it.

Writing magical characters is tough. Some of JK Rowling's magic is great, but too often she just comes up with a new magical plot device to move the plot along and create busywork.

This actually makes me appreciate the writers of Dr Strange, first movie, a bit more as there were rules ( and implied penalties for breaching them) so we had a sense of what Strange could and couldn't do in any given situation - which allows us experience tension when he's pushed past the limits of what we know he can/can't do.

If MK spent a little more time defining what Khonshu and/or the suit could do for him, and what the cost was, then it'd be easier to engage.

Still, it's better than FATWS, Hawkeye and Loki.

WandaVision was only ruined by the end, so far it's my number one Marvel show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"