Season 1, Episode 5: "The Best of Smallville" (SPOILERS)

I would really like it if Jonathan manifested some powers. He’s definitely more tolerable than his emo brother.

Sometimes Clark feels like a background character and the boys and Lois feel like the main focus. Clark seems to do his token Superman bit per episode but often he feels more like Jonathan Kent in Smallville trying to support his super powered son. I wish they'd focus on Clark more than all the teen stuff.

Yeah I really don’t care about the twins that much. I guess for budgetary reasons, they can’t have too much Superman in each episode.

I can’t say for sure… but I think it’s an attempt to rationalize the “plausibility” of the secret identity. I.e., wouldn’t it be very suspicious if Superman was suddenly more present in Smallville starting when Clark Kent moved back home? :ebr: Thus, given a choice, Clark would do many of his super rescues on the sly. After all, a local citizen showing up at a local emergency would be pretty normal.

Exactly, If Superman started to appear in Smallville it would seem highly suspicious that The Man of Steel would be in the same region as Clark Kent.

Although even Luthor knows that where Lois Lane is, Superman isn't far behind .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"