Season 2, Episode 15: "Waiting for Superman" (SEASON FINALE - SPOILERS)

Well so much for a Superman and Flash teamup episode thanks for nothing CW.

Ugh wtf was the point of Crisis merging the world's together then. And all those references to Sups and Metropolis in The Flash season 6 ?!

Sorry but that's a lameass writing cover-up. As for the finale it was mild at best, as I said previously I hate this bs revamp of classic Superman villains and ally as Parasite was such a colossal waste of a villain. The actress was unbearable to watch and her character was just ugh....

I liked Bizarro but hated this whole merging of Bizarro world.

Sups getting op solar Powered up was cool but it felt like the Eradicator solar scene from the pervious season with Tal-Roh .

Speaking of Which Tal-Roh change of heart seemed a bit too convenient especially since the last time he tried to double Cross Kal-El. But whatever plot convenient

So Clark's secret is basically free of charge to anyone now after 20 years of keeping it tightly concealed. Lois just openly tell another journalist really ?!

I could give a flying bebop monkey about Jordan and Sarah doomed relationship ....that's right I say Doom to fail. There's no way it's going to work out.

Progress with Jonathan and yet I still feel he's getting the short end of the deal. Hopefully Season 3 we see him step up and unlocking his Kryptonian heritage and DNA.

All in all Season one had a better arc and finale imo

I’m glad we finally got confirmation on that. Maybe my dream of the show eventually continuing on HBO MAX some day will happen too.

I feel so sad reading people's happy comments and I wish I could just be happily enjoying it with you all. That's just not been my experience at all.

I loved Season 1. Alot. And the beginning of Season 2 had alot of promise. But for me the writing has been getting worse and worse as the Season has progressed, to the point its felt difficult to continue watching.

My experience of the finale - that was one of the dumbest episodes of television I have EVER seen.

I found most of the dialogue cringe worthy and so many decision felt illogical or pointless. There were so many plot holes this episode and generally alot of the plot points that had been developed throughout the season were just brushed under the carpet in a way I find hard to swallow. Particularly the way Clark has treated Jonathan.

I feel immensely dissapointed.

*for the record, I'm happy its not Earth Prime and have been viewing it as such from day one personally, even with the Diggle moment.

Diggle on S&L seems sterner than his Arrowverse counterpart. Maybe this one has different life circumstances and would be inclined to make different decisions.

And might actually keep the ring instead of throwing it away.

I saw some people are mentioning Supergirl, but I don't want her on the show. It feels like there already are way too many characters who have the same powers as Superman. Makes him less special.

I didn't really like the main storyline this season, I guess that was mostly because of the villain. I was never a fan of bad guys who can steal powers so you can't really fight them... it's boring.

Also please no more other Kryptonians or humans powered up on X-kay next season. I want to see Superman fight someone/something else.

I saw some people are mentioning Supergirl, but I don't want her on the show. It feels like there already are way too many characters who have the same powers as Superman. Makes him less special.

I didn't really like the main storyline this season, I guess that was mostly because of the villain. I was never a fan of bad guys who can steal powers so you can't really fight them... it's boring.

Also please no more other Kryptonians or humans powered up on X-kay next season. I want to see Superman fight someone/something else.

How many of them are recurring or frequent characters, though? The only one that comes to mind is Jordan...maybe Tal-Rho? At least with the Supermen of America, you can write that as the Army trying to make soldiers with Superman's powers in case Superman himself ever went rogue.

How many of them are recurring or frequent characters, though? The only one that comes to mind is Jordan...maybe Tal-Rho? At least with the Supermen of America, you can write that as the Army trying to make soldiers with Superman's powers in case Superman himself ever went rogue.

Season one was all about Kryptonians. Then in Season 2 we got Bizarro and the Kryptonians from his world. Except for John Henry, (and maybe Ally) we've only seen Superman fight people with Kryptonian powers this entire show.

I feel so sad reading people's happy comments and I wish I could just be happily enjoying it with you all. That's just not been my experience at all.

I loved Season 1. Alot. And the beginning of Season 2 had alot of promise. But for me the writing has been getting worse and worse as the Season has progressed, to the point its felt difficult to continue watching.

My experience of the finale - that was one of the dumbest episodes of television I have EVER seen.

I found most of the dialogue cringe worthy and so many decision felt illogical or pointless. There were so many plot holes this episode and generally alot of the plot points that had been developed throughout the season were just brushed under the carpet in a way I find hard to swallow. Particularly the way Clark has treated Jonathan.

I feel immensely dissapointed.

*for the record, I'm happy its not Earth Prime and have been viewing it as such from day one personally, even with the Diggle moment.

Sadly correct. It's been genuinely, gut wrenchingly bad in all areas.

FWed6mCX0AIQjO4

I’m still not the biggest fan of the series’ main premise: Superman with teenaged sons moves back to Smallville. Even so, I was impressed by season one. S&L seemed to have a maturity and intelligence not often seen in the other CW/DC shows. True, the storylines followed the standard superhero formulas and tropes. But the characters, themselves, were refreshingly level-headed and relatable. That was S1, however. With S2, things seemed to get more “soapy” — melodrama and interpersonal conflict for the sake of melodrama and interpersonal conflict. :ebr: Lana, Chrissy and Jordan are notable examples of this sort of contrived dumbness. But Lois’s acquiescence to Lana, Chrissy and Jordan kinda made her look dumb too.

Also: S&L confirming a connection to the (now almost non-existent) Arrowverse would have been, methinks, of limited value.

Also also: does this mean that S&L will be deleted from the Arrowverse Wiki? :ninja:

Honestly, I very much prefer Season 1 over 2. The finale was okay, some very cool moments, but the whole merging of two worlds story was not as interesting to me. I hope S3 is a little more interesting for me personally. Still really enjoy the series and will continue watching.

While I liked season 2, for the most part, I also prefer season one.

I really didn't find Ally Allston that compelling a villain overall, though the actress is good.

I also didn't like the characterization of Lana in the latter episodes this season since it fell into the same CW tropes that the series had largely avoided.

I pretty much skip through the Jordan , teen romance stuff since i've seen that eons of times on the CW/WB since the 90s.

I do wonder how things will move forward with basically all of the main and supporting characters knowing Clark is Superman.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with that.

I guessed this show would be separated from the rest of the Arrowverse. What else would they have meant when they said this would be settled once and for all in the finale?

At the end of Crisis when Clark was speaking to Lois on the phone and she mentioned the teenage boys and he seemed surprised, what was going on there? Was the Clark of Earth prime somehow communicating with the Lois of this earth?

So when Diggle showed up last year in Season 1, this was not the same Diggle who was searching to open the box and visiting all these different places? And he didn't have a beard and longer hair then but looked exactly the same as the other one. But Lois and Clark seemed to know him.

Also I'm assuming that Lex Luthor didn't manage to kill all the Clarks from the other universes during Crisis then since this one from Superman and Lois obviously survived. But why didn't he start with this one first since he seems closest to the version from Supergirl?

I guessed this show would be separated from the rest of the Arrowverse. What else would they have meant when they said this would be settled once and for all in the finale?

At the end of Crisis when Clark was speaking to Lois on the phone and she mentioned the teenage boys and he seemed surprised, what was going on there? Was the Clark of Earth prime somehow communicating with the Lois of this earth?

So when Diggle showed up last year in Season 1, this was not the same Diggle who was searching to open the box and visiting all these different places? And he didn't have a beard and longer hair then but looked exactly the same as the other one. But Lois and Clark seemed to know him.

Also I'm assuming that Lex Luthor didn't manage to kill all the Clarks from the other universes during Crisis then since this one from Superman and Lois obviously survived. But why didn't he start with this one first since he seems closest to the version from Supergirl?
Best explanation I can think of is that the CW COIE was a horribly written mess, and that as much as I love this particular show, the writers clearly were absolutely clueless about what the show's relation was to the larger Arrowverse in S1.

Honestly, not really upset it's not connected to the Arrowverse. As much as I'd love to see The Flash show up in the series, I'm okay if it doesn't happen either.

Best explanation I can think of is that the CW COIE was a horribly written mess...

At a practical level, Crisis had two purposes: 1) consolidate the various “Earths” into one; and 2) allow each showrunner the option of a major change in the backstories of their respective series. With regard to 1), the main point was to get Supergirl (and Superman) into the prime “Arrowverse.” (Indeed, Crisis didn’t consolidate everything. E.g., Stargirl exists on a separate “Earth.”) And as far as 2) is concerned, I’m not aware that any of the other DC/CW shows took advantage of the “mulligan/do-over” opportunity that Crisis afforded. Except for… the yet-to-premier Superman & Lois. In the prior continuity, Supes and Lois went on sabbatical to Argo — where Lois gives birth to a son. In the new continuity (ostensibly caused by Crisis), Lois gave birth to twins (on Earth) over a decade earlier(!). That’s a fairly major do-over.

...as much as I love [S&L], the writers clearly were absolutely clueless about what the show's relation was to the larger Arrowverse in S1.

Well, it seems the initial plan was for S&L to fully acknowledge (directly and/or indirectly) its place within the Arrowverse. According to reports, Lois (in the pilot) had a photo of Kara on her desk at the DP. Additionally, there was news that S&L and Batwoman would be the Arrowverse’s first post-Crisis crossover event. But for various reasons (COVID being a big one), explicit connections to the other shows were either abandoned or postponed. And as more time passed (without a clarification), the more it seemed possible that S&L might actually exist within its own, stand-alone context. Then, more recently, there was the Big Cancellation at the CW. At which point, the notion of a broader Arrowverse — with crossover possibilities — became rather irrelevant.

I mean from the beginning of the show, even if you believed it was cannon with the Arrowverse, wouldn't it still be out of sync with the timeline of the rest of the shows?

last time they showed Lois in those shows she was only first pregnant, then this show takes place when the boys are 16... so that never really added up

I always thought of this as its own thing, but at best I figured the time gap between these storys were enough, to explain why we didn't constantly see crossovers or reference to the other heroes

Last edited:
I love that the New Fortress is basically the STM design. I know some people are tired of that design since it was used in STM, Smallville and Superman Returns and also some comics but hey Supergirl gave us a more comic accurate Fortress so I’m good with this new Fortresses design and it’s an iconic look so all good.

Are there any other characters, who were previously introduced in "Supergirl", that you guys wouldn't mind being recast for this show?

Are there any other characters, who were previously introduced in "Supergirl", that you guys wouldn't mind being recast for this show?

Jimmy Olsen. Don't want him looking like a football player. Mechad Brooks could easily have played Steel himself. Would prefer someone much smaller especially compared to Clark.

I mean from the beginning of the show, even if you believed it was canon with the Arrowverse, wouldn't it still be out of sync with the timeline of the rest of the shows?
...last time we [saw] Lois in those shows she was only first pregnant, then this show takes place when the boys are 16... so that never really added up...

Well, the conceit of these sorts of fantastical scenarios is that reality and history have been entirely rewritten. And that includes the memories of reality and history. So as far as characters are concerned, the pre-Crisis events never happened. Therefore — technically speaking — there is no discrepancy in continuity that needs to be addressed.

I mean from the beginning of the show, even if you believed it was cannon with the Arrowverse, wouldn't it still be out of sync with the timeline of the rest of the shows?

last time they showed Lois in those shows she was only first pregnant, then this show takes place when the boys are 16... so that never really added up

I always thought of this as its own thing, but at best I figured the time gap between these storys were enough, to explain why we didn't constantly see crossovers or reference to the other heroes

That was pre-COIE. Post, we only got the call about the twins so it wouldn't mess anything up

Imma be savage and say everyone sans Alex/Brainy/J'onn.

Give us a younger Kara who can be a regular. Younger Cat, Jimmy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"