Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 6 - Home SPOILER Discussion Thread

Kev4000

Sidekick
Reaction score
OMG I cant believe how bad the final of Secret Invasion is. Who agreed this script? Also, Ali Selim needs to be banned from every project in the MCU pls. The editing was terrible during the whole run, specially during the "Fury" v Gravik conversation. The final fight looked terrible in my opinion and Gaya is totally overpowered now. Its frustrating since the actor really trying their best here. I can apologize SLJ bad acting during the arrival in Skrullos, since he was faking the radiation poisoning.

In my understanding, Rhodey was replaced during the events of Civil War? He was in a hospital gown. Thats really dirty if I watch Infinity War and Endgame again. I hope he was caught on a medical exam just a few weeks ago.

Sonya was totally useless for the plot at all. :blush: I hope it wasnt the last time we see Colman. She has so much fun. Im looking forward to a potential Val vs Sonya :coolguy:

Im shocked they throw Maria Hill away, without Fury mentioning her ever again. And the final implications? Instead of have Cold War 2.0 we have a Global Civil War 2.0 now, where everyone kills each other if he thinks he is a Skrull? Uhm..

Wasnt Secret Invasion promised from Feige that the whole MCU is there? I was sceptical from the beginning with the "new-and-cheap" cast, but they really have no money for one interesting cameo? The Black Widow Dealer doesnt count.

Did Fury just abandon Skrulls again? This time knowingly that they will be hunted down except for his wife that he conveniently invited to stay with him in the space station? What a nice guy without remorse.

The DNA cocktail is really a head scratching logic, mess DNA and DNA will mess you back instantly instead of you getting any power. Just a tiny fraction change (little more than 1%) in your DNA can turn you into a money, I can give suspended belief with 1 or 2 sample mixing but dozen of them? And Gravik shared that gem of multiple powers with Fury (or anyone ) together in the pod?

Can they (or Russia since the facility is in its territory) use the same pod to liberally, easily and instantly turn every soldier into superhuman with a sample DNA? The pod looks big enough to mass produce.

Boy, so many things are not right to list. This is a big waste of potential material. As a whole I would rate it 4.5/10.

Last edited:
It is interesting how the Skrulls mentioned that they got DNA from various members of the Avengers ,but didn't mention Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man, even though they were part of the battle against Thanos

I knew instantly when Gravik fired up the machine with Fury inside that it was G'iah. This show needed better surprises and reveals. None of them in this show really wowed me.

Also, where was my Agents Of Shield cameos! :angryface:

This show had some cool parts in it, but man, this was such a let down. It had so much more potential.

I would categorize this show as a disappointment as well. I didn't hate it, but it's on the lower end of the D+ shows in quality, and thus lower end of the MCU. The entire back half of this series was super short episodes. I don't know what happened in reshoots, but it feels like stuff is missing.

Also, suddenly G'iah is the most powerful hero by far lol

What was the point of a Drax arm when you had already shown The Hulk's? You had Carol Danvers on tap all that other stuff was irrelevant. About the only power I can think of teleportation and where did it come from? I can only think of Nightcrawler and Ty of Cloak & Dagger on live action screens and they are not in the MCU play, or are they.

The powers thing makes no sense. You take Drax's DNA and you get his arm along with the tattoos?? What the actual f.
Leave that nonsense for Saturday morning cartoons. My God.

I gave it a second thought and the only flimsy plausible explaining away is that it only works on Scrulls that can imitate anything. So a DNA from another creature will enable it to “map” the physicality and innate abilities of the DNA host. So if a human takes the DNA cocktail, they may turn into a blob.

Also since a sorcerer’s spells are not innate but studied or learned, Skrulls won’t get Strange’s power from his DNA. But they could get a wizard/witch magic power because it’s innate. I think I’m thinking too much of this sub par show.

Last edited:
Just got done watching it so got process it a bit more. But yea unfortunately the finale was messy and a bit of a let down. Not sure I'd say its the worst finale though. There were some things I liked but overall my biggest problem was how predictable a lot of this show was. Evertime I was sure they'd go left, they continued to go the normal route.

The powers thing makes no sense. You take Drax's DNA and you get his arm along with the tattoos?? What the actual f.
Leave that nonsense for Saturday morning cartoons. My God.
This is a bit of a silly complaint though. First they're not tattoos, they are keloids (Gunn said as much in the bts for the first GOTG). And we don't know how he got them. For all we know, his species are born with them.

Last edited:
"Gunn has revealed that Drax's unique tattoos are actually in memory of his deceased wife and daughter."

You're right, I'm sorry. This show makes perfect sense.

About the only power I can think of teleportation and where did it come from? I can only think of Nightcrawler and Ty of Cloak & Dagger on live action screens and they are not in the MCU play, or are they.

Ghost.

Now, she wasn't in the battle of earth (unless they retcon that and say she was in the background) but she was working for SHIELD so Fury throwing her DNA in the mix wouldn't be crazy.

Haha, I liked the episode more than most of you. The series as a whole though just seemed to come and go and not live up to the hype I'd want from a Secret Invasion live action attempt. That said, I thought SLJ and Colman were great throughout. Mendelsohn was memorable and the actress for Priscilla was good too (don't know her name).

I didn't hate the finale, but damn as a whole this show was definitely on the underwhelming side. I am kind of surprised at how safe and predictable it was, and we didn't get a single cool stinger/cameo.

I thought they would have built up a lot more hype/buzz towards the end of this going into The Marvel's but that wasn't the case which feels like a HUGE missed opportunity IMO.

I too was surprised by no stinger. The trailers for this show made it look much better than it ended up being. I thought this was gonna be an upper tier D+ series and keep the momentum GOTG3 started going, but this was a lot closer to Quantumania quality.

and we didn't get a single cool stinger/cameo.

I thought they would have built up a lot more hype/buzz towards the end of this going into The Marvel's but that wasn't the case which feels like a HUGE missed opportunity IMO.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad they didn't. The novelty of post-credits scene is no more. They keep promising cool stuff that never arrive. I can't remember the last time a post-credits scene had a decent pay off.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad they didn't. The novelty of post-credits scene is no more. They keep promising cool stuff that never arrive. I can't remember the last time a post-credits scene had a decent pay off.
I don't miss having to wait through overly long credits. :(

F1-gSHIaIAIUdun

I don't miss having to wait through overly long credits. :(
It was cool when it was something for the next movie or so. Like when Wanda and Pietro were introduced, you knew Age of Ultron was coming up. Now they keep introducing stuff that even they don't know when they're going to do something with it.

I liked the finale, it was very MCUentertaining, but the series overall I'd give 8-. Did not expect president Ritson to go that far. Some really dark implications came out of it.
Which makes me wonder whats the transition gonna look to get Ross in office. Like what is gonna make the public vote Ritson out but then vote Ross in? They basically seem cut from the same cloth lol.

I must say that unfortunately this show was overall very disappointing.
  • It didn't have any of the suspense or uncertainty you'd expect from a spy thriller with shapeshifters. No shocking reveals or interesting use of that premise.
  • A lot of stuff went pretty much unexplained or was given an unsatisfying explanation. What do you mean no home could be found for the Skrulls? Earth is already supporting New Asgard, Knowhere has become a planet specifically for refugees and outcasts, and the Avengers know Thanos left behind his retirement farm planet.
  • Several characters died who had a lot of potential going forward and it just feels wasted in this show. Maria Hill never really got the spotlight she should've had, and now we're pretty much out of characters who could fill the role of director of SHIELD once SLJ can't play Fury anymore. If we look at the comics, most potential candidates are ruled out. Dum-Dum Dugan and Tony Stark were already dead. It's unlikely that they'll bring back old man Steve in that role. Valentina and Sharon Carter are not unambiguously on the good side. Daisy Johnson and Rick Stoner were used on AOS. And let's be honest it's not going to be G.W. Bridge. Hill would've been the obvious choice. Having Talos killed felt very cheap when Gravik just shoots someone every episode. And Soren just got fridged off-screen.
  • New characters were alright, but nothing special. Sonya had a fun screen presence but it wasn't really clear to me what role she had in the story, she was mostly just also around. G'iah while technically introduced in Captain Marvel was basically new, but she seemed quite the boring character. And I can't see how they could use her going forward now that she has the power of like every character combined. Maybe they'll have her die and say that having that much DNA mixed in is too much even for Skrulls to cope with, and future super skrulls will be limited to having only a couple of powers (let's say 4). Gravik seemed like a cartoon villain who'd kill anyone over even the slightest disagreement.
  • It seems to be kind of badly thought out how it muddles metaphors and seemingly accidentally stumbles into somewhat supporting some of the worst anti-immigration narratives and antisemitic conspiracy theories and never properly addresses that or does the work to effectively subvert it. "Refugees from a warzone will become violent terrorists if you let them into your area", "A minority group is holding a disproportional amount of the power", "People in power are literally replaced by reptillian shapeshifters". It barely even really showed any innocent Skrull civillians to contrast the violent, power hungry, and politically involved ones.
Can they (or Russia since the facility is in its territory) use the same pod to liberally, easily and instantly turn every soldier into superhuman with a sample DNA? The pod looks big enough to mass produce.
I think the super skrull program requires the subject to have the skrull shapeshifting ability for it to work. So the Russians wouldn't be able to use it. Had Gravik not turned on his own people for no reason they probably could've used it to make all the skrulls into super skrulls. But I imagine G'iah destroyed the machine and Sonya would not allow the one skrull scientist with knowledge about it replicate it for now.

About the only power I can think of teleportation and where did it come from? I can only think of Nightcrawler and Ty of Cloak & Dagger on live action screens and they are not in the MCU play, or are they.
When activating the Harvest it showed that the DNA was not only from the Battle of Earth, but also of other powered beings that SHIELD would've had access to like Abomination and Ghost. So it was Ghost's phasing/intangibility.

I wonder how many people were still either claiming or hoping that Quake would show up despite Chloe Bennet saying she wasn't in it. Not the first time an actor would deny that, but still, I wonder since I'm sure a lot of people were hoping she'd appear in Secret Invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"