Secret Invasion Season 1, Episode 6 - Home SPOILER Discussion Thread

The MCU has fully gone DC now

The MCU has fully gone DC now
Now Now

If they announce Jonathan Majors will stay on as Kang and pretend he's not having legal issues, then they announce more movies before stating that the Universe will be reset completely after Secret Wars, and then Secret Wars doesn't even bother to set up the new status quo... then they will have gone full DC

Then it's pointless. Why adapt Secret Invasion (even loosely like this show did) if you aren't going to have at least 1 character who has secretly been a Skrull for a long time? There's nothing satisfying about "oh Rhodey is really a Skrull but he's only been a Skrull for 5 minutes so it's not a big deal".

Secret Invasion is in 2026. So Rhodey being Skrull for 3 years is plenty long. Now him being a Skrull pre-Endgame does make for a pretty compelling story down the road. I just think there are too many inconsistencies to make that claim.

Director Ali Selim gives the vaguest answer about how long Rhodey has been a Skrull.
Marvel's 'Secret Invasion' director Ali Selim reacts to season finale

Let's get into the specifics of the finale. It's strongly suggested that a Skrull has been posing as Rhodey since "Captain America: Civil War." That's what fans have interpreted from that one scene. So can you definitively clear that up and share how long a Skrull has been posing as Rhodey?

I think that it's gonna be a lot of fun for fans to unpack as they revisit all the Rhodey moments since the "Captain America" moment when he was in the hospital, and to see how they feel about it.

I don't know if I wanna say it's definitive or not definitive, but I think Rhodey has been a Skrull a lot longer than we suspected.

But do you personally have the answer to that question and you're guarding it?

Oh, interesting. No. I think that's a question for the MCU at large, probably for Kevin Feige himself.

So it seems the intent is that Rhodey has been a Skrull since Civil War but they don't want to outright confirm for reasons. I guess maybe if they decide they want to change it later...which is dumb but whatever.

Last edited:
Director Ali Selim gives the vaguest answer about how long Rhodey has been a Skrull.

Let's get into the specifics of the finale. It's strongly suggested that a Skrull has been posing as Rhodey since "Captain America: Civil War." That's what fans have interpreted from that one scene. So can you definitively clear that up and share how long a Skrull has been posing as Rhodey?

I think that it's gonna be a lot of fun for fans to unpack as they revisit all the Rhodey moments since the "Captain America" moment when he was in the hospital, and to see how they feel about it.

I don't know if I wanna say it's definitive or not definitive, but I think Rhodey has been a Skrull a lot longer than we suspected.

Oh, interesting. No. I think that's a question for the MCU at large, probably for Kevin Feige himself.

So it seems the intent is that Rhodey has been a Skrull since Civil War but they don't want to outright confirm for reasons. I guess maybe if they decide they want to change it later...which is dumb but whatever.

Yeah, they have no f clue.

The real Rhodey is still paralyzed. He had to get carried out by 2 other people in the Skrull compound. So the earliest he could have been replaced would have been in the hospital after the airport fight in Civil War.
Thank you, yeah I saw the two people assist him but could not figure out if it was because he was still paralyzed or just from being stuck there and possibly not having strength.

I dont think the Multiverse Saga has worked in the way Marvel has wanted to this point. But I do think conceptually its a better and more unique idea than the Skrulls thing would have been. I think had the Disney-Fox thing had happened earlier before they were planning Phase 4, the Mutants would have worked better and the Multiverse thing could maybe had come later, and been shorter. But they had this in the plans already so they're stuck with it now. At least through Secret Wars. As it stands though, I just don't see the potential as a Saga in Secret Invasion. Maybe a stand alone Avengers movie, but not a Saga. I could have been on board with them doing an Avengers film out of Secret Invasion before Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars. I think they made a mistake of not doing an Avengers movie to end Phase 4. So they could have done that. I just don't see a Saga here
I don't think multiverse & time travel ever works for long term story telling, can just cheapen a lot of previous events. It is great for the Spider-Man movie I loved the multiverse in that I am sure Deadpool will do it in a fantastic way too, but they are 1 offs.

Yeah this isnt a great answer. MCU if you are going to do things like this you cant just pull it out of your behind. Its like MoM writers having NO clue what was happening with WandaVision and vice versa. MCU is getting lazier and lazier.

I feel the aftermath now is more interesting. People are just paranoid of suspect aliens and anyone who behaves strangely could be reported by their colleagues, friends and relatives to the authorities, captured, interrogated or even worse killed on the spot. This could be a nice premise for a follow up which will never happen given the reception of this series.

I feel the aftermath now is more interesting. People are just paranoid of suspect aliens and anyone who behaves strangely could be reported by their colleagues, friends and relatives to the authorities, captured, interrogated or even worse killed on the spot. This could be a nice premise for a follow up which will never happen given the reception of this series.

there have been a few interesting premises the last 2 years….and they all led to nothing special (compared to phase 2 & 3)

Who even cares how long it was. Him being a Skrull had absolutely no impact on anything.

And where exactly was the "Invasion"? That's it? Just one guy in the US government was a Skrull and he didn't even accomplish anything.

This entire show was a complete waste of time. They obviously wanted this to be all about Nick Fury's journey but they could have done that without completely neutering a great concept like a Skrull invasion.

BTW did they ever explain how all those sleeping humans were surviving the radiation? Even when they got out they didn't seem affected.

Yeah this isnt a great answer. MCU if you are going to do things like this you cant just pull it out of your behind. Its like MoM writers having NO clue what was happening with WandaVision and vice versa. MCU is getting lazier and lazier.
This. If you knew you were eventually going to be tackling Secret Invasion, you'd think they'd bring in directors of all future projects you want to be connected to Secret Invasion in the long run and ensure they can toss little nuggets that can be overlooked or glossed over in each project that would ultimately be revealed to be Skrull clues so it feels organic and thoughtfully done when you do a reveal like this. Now it just doesn't work and it doesn't make sense and you weaken all of the Rhodey moments from the past 7 years.

This reminds me of the retcon the MCU did with Iron Man 2 and the little kid at the Expo, let's be real that little kid was never Peter Parker prior to the Sony deal. The MCU became privy to the social media theories and ran with it and people ate it up as some sort of brilliant set up to Peter Parker in the MCU. Now they are trying to get MCU fans to eat this up but it's backfired (because it doesn't work) and the majority of fans hate it. Whoopsie.

So agent Ross was a Skrull during Wakanda Forever too?
During his marriage with Val?

So agent Ross was a Skrull during Wakanda Forever too?
During his marriage with Val?
If we apply the same logic based on the director's comment on Rhodey wearing the hospital gown, Ross was wearing a black henley. This was what we see him wearing last when he was in the kitchen with Val in Wakanda Forever:
0f7369a13714536089956a92023ed0fa465a0001.gifv

f0f8bf1012d748bdbc4258ee39642be5cbe984fa.gifv

This means that either Val is a Skrull as well, or she handed him over to Skrulls directly or someone who was secretly a Skrull. So the Ross we see Okoye break out of the armored car at the end of Wakanda Forever isn't our Ross. This doesn't really do anything for the Ross character here, it actually puts a spotlight on the Val character and who she is/who she's working with/for.

Also Okoye could’ve been a Skrull when she rescued him and took him to Gravik
…but our ideas would make too much sense, compared to that what the showrunners really developed

I still don't understand why they decided to give Gravik all that power to take him out, when G'iah was already a Super Skrull the same as Gravik. Why couldn't she just kill him before giving both him and her enough power to beat Thanos to a pulp?

Basically it's "we haven't decided yet" haha. But they should've known before including it

Oh I know that’s the reason and it’s so ridiculous. I don’t understand some of their decision making. How could they possibly think him being a Skrull since CW and undercutting all his moments since then would be a good thing? Just for shock value basically. A twist for the sake of it.

Oh I know that’s the reason and it’s so ridiculous. I don’t understand some of their decision making. How could they possibly think him being a Skrull since CW and undercutting all his moments since then would be a good thing? Just for shock value basically. A twist for the sake of it.

This is inherently the flaw of Secret Invasion as a concept. Regardless who you choose, the audience feels cheated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"