She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 9 "Whose Show Is This?" (Spoiler Thread)

This was the best finale of the tv shows…after the Loki finale of course.

What a time to be alive: WBN, this weeks episode of HoD, the new Andor episode and now this finale.
hope the finale of RoP will be as satisfying as this

ok now that i have it settle in a bit...i think the entire season was built to this ending.

these shows are written well in advance and filmed before the first episode even airs...so it's not like they hear audience feedback mid stream and change things. that may be for network tv but not these type of shows. everything is done.

so the writers knew exactly how this was going to end - with a major 4th wall break to finish the one and only real story - jen and she-hulk accepting each other on a personal level and for her as woman, to not let anyone dictate her story.

this was a meta show and an over the top show - it was billed that way from the beginning. it knows it's a show. so all the zaniness...the super crazy characterizations...the re-used tropes...that was all planned and done knowing that it was all going to get blown up in the finale. so those stories don't really matter - because it was written on the premise that it was "k.e.v.i.n's" show...but it's not...it's jen's show - forget all the noise.

i think this show really was something unexpected and really nailed it. i'm still in a bit of shock and what happened in the finale but it all makes sense. this has nothing to do with whether you enjoyed it or not - but for me, i think this was brilliant and absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately for the visual effects artists, joking about the conditions they work under doesn't fix the problem.
Yeah, that is in bad taste unless they are committing to sorting this out comprehensively right now. To me this is official acknowledgment of the issue and I will hold it against them much more if they continue to fail after making a joke like this so publicly.

I actually think Blonsky is being genuine in this series. I think it's also absolutely intentional that you and others think this way though as the writers have consistently put Blonsky in positions this season where we are meant to question him, just like this episode where we think "uh oh, his inhibitor is having issues, he's up to no good" and yet he's at his farm chasing his favorite chickens around. I also think if he actually turned out to be the big bad this season that it would ruin what was ultimately a very sincere and thoughtfully done 'Jen acceptance' episode, as her "'support group'" are actually villains conspiring against her, so I'm less inclined to lean that direction. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Only two episodes left, so we'll see.
Update: Whelp... gave the writers too much credit :whatever:

Looks like Marvel finally nailed a finale. Only took them 5 attempts.

Loved it. And I am glad that even in the "planned" finale, Blonsky was still a good guy. I'm not entirely sure what everyone was expecting, given what we had already gotten. The Intelligencia was always going to be a joke, as it were. Making it an actual comic related threat made no sense.

This show has given me plenty of confidence of them allowing Deadpool to do its own thing. K.E.V.I.N. better show up in Deadpool 3.

I am not a huge fan of the joke they made about the VFX team. It sort of ignores what the actual issue is.

Still, I do get some nice schaednfraud from this show coming out at the same time an real life version of the Intelligencia site went down.

The second half of this episode had me looking at the screen like

what-hulk.gif
Same here. Honestly, other than the cameos, I hated it. Not enough to stop watching the next s3ason, but I found most of it lame and a weak ending. :(

The 4th wall breaking is very reminiscent to the classic comics . So I appreciate the homage to that as well as The Lou Ferrigno / Bill Bixby tribute to the The Incredible Hulk tv series .
Those parts I did enjoy. The 4th wall never bothered me a bit. :)

Yep, others have also mentioned this aspect could be better. Hopefully Matt is back next season and they upgrade the quality of the legal scenes. I really want them to team up in court on a case that also spills over to events outside of court. 2 super lawyers who are superheroes is the best representation you can get. :cool:
Me, too. :) I'd love a team up on a case that takes the whole season.

Titania and Hulk showing up at the end is the point — it’s the tired trope that in a finale everyone is showing up to make a spectacle because they think audience wants it (true to a point) even their appearances make little sense. Jen just ripped it apart not wanting any of this.

I hate we never learned why Titania just randomly popped up. :funny:
One part of course is that K.E.V.I.N. and the writers just had everyone show up at the end for the big finale because "it's what the fans want".

But I also think Titania is 1. very petty and would just seek out Jen for how things went down at the wedding, and 2. basically sees Jen as her "rival" in a professional wrestling sense and will purposely keep building that rivalry for fan engagement and to stay relevant, especially when Jen gets in the news.

Loved it, loved it, loved it. I can't decide between She-Hulk and WandaVision as my favorite MCU show.

I just think it would be more fun if she actually met Kevin Feige.

And I love how they mock the trolls.

I'm hoping they turn this into a regular show and give it a second season.

My only problem with this finale and it's a big one is that they gave She-Hulk the same level of fourth wall breaking powers as Gwenpool. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jennifer never stepped "out of the page" in the comics into the "real world".
I believe she did during the Byrne run. She yelled at his editor for allowing him to do so many cheesecake pinups. She also frequently traveled between panels as a plot device (even skipping to the end, essentially, on one occasion).

Also just noticed how Jen points out the daddy issues problem the MCU seems to have...only to introduce another one at the end involving Bruce :sus

This episode was kind of all over the place for me. The 4th wall breaking was clever and fun and I liked the family scene at the end with Matt but I can’t help but feel I wasted my time with the blood storyline. They wrapped it up too quickly after the 4th wall breaking and KEVIN scene.

Overall the season had a few highlights for me but as a whole, the show wasn’t that funny to me (for something that’s called a comedy). Probably at the bottom of list of Phase IV for me.

I have to say, while some of the series' endings felt rushed(FatWS more than the others) I liked all of them to various degrees. I think some of the opinions on the web have been a bit too hard on them and the fact that pretty much every penultimate episode was the best of every series (with the exception of Ms Marvel I think) certainly didn't help. She-Hulk's ending was by far the most original and insane and I applaud Marvel for going for the extra mile with it and honoring Byrne's original run on the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"