Daredevil Season 2 Confirmed for 2016!

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
YES.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24478/netflix_orders_a_second_season_of_marvels_daredevil

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that "Marvel's Daredevil" will receive a second season, available only on the streaming service in 2016!

With the first season of "Marvel's Daredevil" proving a smash success with both audiences and critics, Netflix and Marvel will continue to create further adventures of the Man Without Fear! Doug Petrie ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "American Horror Story") and Marco Ramirez ("Sons of Anarchy"), who worked closely with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season, will serve as showrunners for Season 2. Petrie, Ramirez, Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), and Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.") will serve as Executive Producers of Season 2.

“While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season," DeKnight explains, "I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can't wait to see what they do with the show moving forward."

Last edited:
Atodaso guys... atodaso...

Ouxcd4j.gif

Nice.

So...Im guessing Defenders isnt for a bit? I assumed Defenders would be late 2016 or early 17 after season 1 of all the shows

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! So glad we won't have to wait until 2017 or 2018. 2016...damn that's a quick turnaround, makes me happy.

YES

It's going to be a long wait but we'll have the other Netflix series in the meantime

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Nice.

So...Im guessing Defenders isnt for a bit? I assumed Defenders would be late 2016 or early 17 after season 1 of all the shows

Yeah, I was just wondering if Iron Fist and/or Defenders is being pushed back...

Very cool. I'm happy to hear that it's renewed. I do wonder if the overwhelming success of the first season prompted a change of plans in moving up a second season. Nothing wrong with that, but I hope it doesn't screw up their Defenders plans too much. I also wonder if DeKnight would originally have been able to continue. Still, very welcome news.

Very cool. I'm happy to hear that it's renewed. I do wonder if the overwhelming success of the first season prompted a change of plans in moving up a second season. Nothing wrong with that, but I hope it doesn't screw up their Defenders plans too much. I also wonder if DeKnight would originally have been able to continue. Still, very welcome news.

It was strongly implied by Foggy in the last episode that the story would continue in a year. Given that the MCU takes place in real time, I'm not incredibly surprised with a 2016 renewal.

Now bring on Elektra/The Hand and Typhoid Mary <3
uyW5583.gif

YES. This is so awesome. I was confident that this would get renewed but in the back of my mind I was thinking that maybe Marvel just wanted to stick to their Defenders saga plan and "technically" AKA Jessica Jones would be considered as "season 2"." So, so, happy about this.

It sucks we're losing DeKnight, he is a great showrunner. I'm a HUGE Spartacus fan and cannot recommend that show enough. Deknight was probably the reason why the show had such great brutal action scenes. Hopefully this continues with these new guys.

I'm fairly certain most people assumed it would be a few years before we got another season, as far as we all knew Marvel had a deal with Netflix for 60 eps in total for the 5 shows. I'm guessing after the universal acclaim and success for the first season Marvel and Netflix quickly agreed to a more extensive deal.

No Goddard or DeKnight has me a little concerned. Hopefully they keep it grounded like season 1 and don't try to get too connected to the rest of the MCU.

Hm, do we know of any other shows/projects DeKnight's involved in?

-Elektra.
-Typhoid Mary.
-Bullseye.
-The Hand.
-"Villain" Vanessa.

I guess season 2 will have some connection to the event of Civil War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"