Season 3, Episode 2: "Uncontrollable Forces" (SPOILERS)

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
Superman-and-Lois-Season-3-poster-featured.jpg

Official Description:

"Uncontrollable Forces" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

ELIZABETH HENSTRIDGE DIRECTS THE EPISODE - Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) both notice a small crack in Lois' (Elizabeth Tulloch) game face. Meanwhile, Sarah (Inde Navarette) and Jordan (Alex Garfin) have an awkward encounter. Lastly, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) receives a panicked phone call. Elizabeth Henstridge directed the episode written by Katie Aldrin (#302). Original airdate 3/21/2023.

Posted this in the General Discussion forum.

I wonder what kinda threat they will face. Maybe Onomatopoeia and the full scope of their powers or something else from the comics.

Wait Lois has cancer!!!! There’s gotta be a kryptonian treatment to save her life.

I liked that each character had their own little plot line in this episode and they were all pretty well done.
  • John and Lana teaming up was great
  • I called it with Lois when they showed her with the patch on in the hospital
  • Wait, did they recast Jonathan's ex too? Never seen that actress before
  • I guarantee that guy Nat was hitting it off with at the party is Bruno Mannheim's son
Not a bad episode to set more things up for the season, but I hope things get going a little bit next week and judging by the promo, it does

Basically this is something Superman can’t beat when it comes to Human natural causes. Lois having cancer will be her season story arc.

I haven’t seen the ep yet, but yep, that’s what I figured last week. My main theory was that it would be tied back to Clark’s sun dip from the end of last season as a sort of reverse All-Star, but idk if they’ll go that way.

Posted this in the General Discussion forum.

I wonder what kinda threat they will face. Maybe Onomatopoeia and the full scope of their powers or something else from the comics.

Damn just checked google and the threat is much worse. Lois and the family will pull through I hope. Looking forward to the episode later tonight.

I haven’t seen the ep yet, but yep, that’s what I figured last week. My main theory was that it would be tied back to Clark’s sun dip from the end of last season as a sort of reverse All-Star, but idk if they’ll go that way.

Yep. My mind immediately went to your remarks from last week when the big reveal came. Really curious to see how the writers address this now, as the deus ex machina approach simply won't suffice IMO. You can't just "magic away" cancer. I mean, sure, the fictional constraints of the show allow for that, but do it too early and it's not a good look.

Yep. My mind immediately went to your remarks from last week when the big reveal came. Really curious to see how the writers address this now, as the deus ex machina approach simply won't suffice IMO. You can't just "magic away" cancer. I mean, sure, the fictional constraints of the show allow for that, but do it too early and it's not a good look.

Agreed. There should definitely be some type of price that the characters will have to pay in order to cure Lois of her illness.

Agreed. There should definitely be some type of price that the characters will have to pay in order to cure Lois of her illness.

Good thinking. I hadn't even thought of that, but yeah, I can definitely see another character making a sacrifice (possibly even perishing in the act) to save Lois.

That was a really solid episode with some great emotional moments from Bitsie Tulloch which is no surprise considering she always kills it in this show when it comes to the dramatic scenes.

Also, I'm really starting to warm up to the new Johnathan Kent.

Just realized that the scene between Lois and the judge was a nod to ...

FryQZcNXwAcohRB

mind-blown-kid-sgena78u9m117tbb.webp

Personally, I kind of have mixed feelings about that. I was really hoping to see that scene faithfully adapted with Superman.

I guess we'll never get that with Tyler's Superman. Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like the producers only give Blitsie/Lois great dramatic material to work with when compared to Tyler/Superman?

Another great episode.

I love getting more of reporter Clark. Him being genuinely embarrassed that Lois said he one time forgot to turn on his tape recorder in front of (his boss) Chrissy. Him getting all skittish when the judge's "guards" came to throw him and Lois out. I could watch hours of reporter Clark on a loop.

John Henry and Lana. My ship is leaving the dock!

So my CW feed is rather s***ty when it comes to the audio mixing - it's got the music waaaaay higher than the dialogue, which is normally a huge annoyance. But this time, I got to hear the groovy Miami Vice vibes the composer was serving during the Supes-spies-on-Bruno Mannheim scene I definitely wouldn't have noticed otherwise, so yay, s***ty CW feed. :o

OMG, we got the "L"-shaped Lex Corp building - my fave version!! :mrk:

That Bruno/Supes scene was fantastic.

Bitsie killed it. I loved that they made a point of showing us that she knew Clark was there listening when she shared her truth. That needed to be her choice. Such a good scene (All-Star reference was a beautiful bonus). :hrt:

The one problem or two I have with Lois having cancer storyline is that this could've applied to anyone else like Lana and Chrissy and as a title character that we know she will survive it. We'll just have to see why Lois and not anyone else throughout the season.

I have a feeling that Bruno Mannheim and/ or Lex Luthor will have something to do with a cure. If Sam Lane ends up being the one to sacrifice himself at season's end I can accept that. I also hope that Lucy Lane will return as well.

I like that Jonathan, Jordan, Natalie, and Sarah have their own storyline and I want to see more of this.

John Henry Irons and Lana Lang from the current comics is something we're waiting for. Now both Mannheim and Onomatopoeia now know about the John Henry Irons from another universe.

For everyone that's very familiar with the comics, are there any more special panels/scenes involving Superman that can be adapted on this show?

Still really bummed that they gave it away to Lois. Honestly, I get that it helped reveal an important plot point for her character in this season. I'm just sad that I'll never get to see that moment reenacted with Tyler's Superman.

There are special moments/panels in every good Superman comic, man. There are plenty they could adapt. It’s no great loss imo, and I thought this was a brilliant nod to it as is.

Yep. Lois going through her own personal battle gave the lines more emotional weight. The Emmys will never acknowledge a show like this, but Bitsie has long since earned her right to that kind of recognition IMO.

For everyone that's very familiar with the comics, are there any more special panels/scenes involving Superman that can be adapted on this show?

Still really bummed that they gave it away to Lois. Honestly, I get that it helped reveal an important plot point for her character in this season. I'm just sad that I'll never get to see that moment reenacted with Tyler's Superman.

Here's one of his more memorable lines if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

bupvyde318251.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"