Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 16: “Nightmare in National city” (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:
NIA CONFRONTS HER SISTER – Kara (Melissa Benoist) lands her dream story for Catco but when the city is suddenly attacked by a nightmare monster at the same time as her interview, she is forced to take a serious look at her life and decide if she can continue to live as both Kara and Supergirl. As Dreamer (Nicole Maines) takes the lead on the search for the Dream Totem, which can vanquish they nightmare monster in National City, she realizes she needs to ask her sister Mauve (guest star Hannah James) for help. Old wounds resurface as the two sisters come face to face. The episode was directed by Eric Dean Seaton written by Rob Wright and Jess Kardos (#616). Original airdate 10/19/2021

Are they giving a hint to Kara’s endgame or is this a misdirected as many synopsis’s are. Hopefully Nia and Maeve will reconcile and it involves Maeve owning up to what she said. The broken relationship between the Nal sisters is a thread that IMO needed to be addressed. I always imagined it was difficult for Nicole to film that last scene between Nia and Maeve, acting though it was I imagine it was hard to have someone say “you’re not even a real woman”. Knowing this cast they supported Nicole however she needed it.

Promo

Last edited:
Eh. Was okay but felt like a filler episode to set up these last four episodes. Hopefully these last handful of episodes knock it out of the park.

I actually didn't really mind either storyline here but I think I'm just bored of the totem stuff. Really curious to see if Kara quitting Catco is for good and what that could mean for her ending.

I think it'll be nice to have Lex back for these last few episodes too and I think him and Nxy could be fun

Yeah, ok episode. Most of this season has felt fairly filler to me. I'm just waiting for the final 2 episodes.

Yeah, ok episode. Most of this season has felt fairly filler to me. I'm just waiting for the final 2 episodes.
That's actually a good way of putting this season. Just feels like a lot of filler with not a whole heckuva lot going on.

They had to resolve Dreamer's storyline with her sister.

This episode’s plot is what it is; and, obviously, it has to fit into the season’s overall story continuity. That said, I found the teleplay and dialogue were noticeable improved. Presumably, credit goes to the writers (though their previous episodes are a mixed bag). But there really shouldn’t be these wild swings in quality. The writers’ room and showrunner should be shaping the scripts for tonal consistency. It shouldn’t be crap one week (like the episode co-written by Tesfai) and something conspicuously better the next. :shrug:

Also: it seems Kara may be getting some sort of character arc (epiphany?) for the final season. Better late than never. :cwink:

Last edited:
Nobody’s mentioned the intro was randomly back.

I was not expecting Kara to quit CatCo. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays into Kara’s ending. I believe this is the first time where being Supergirl has caused Kara to truly mess up at CatCo and that may have shaken her. Side note there were a couple of Cat Grant references and those are always appreciated.

The Nal sisters story needed some resolution. What Maeve said to Nia in season four was horrible so I’m glad Nia didn’t simply forgive Maeve. Nia has every right to cut her sister out of her life but I’m glad she didn’t just yet. Nia gave Maeve a second chance not because she necessarily deserved it but because cutting someone who you love out of your life hurts many people. You have to feel for their Dad who right or wrong made the decision to keep the fact that Maeve took all their Mom’s things. It is sometimes necessary to cut people out of your life if having them in it causes you more pain than having them out of it. Nia and Maeve may never be as close as they once were, but Nia decided having her sister in her life in some way was what she wanted. TBH I’m not sure if I would have felt the same especially after Maeve tried to take the Totem. I know the writers consulted Nicole on “Reality Bytes” I wonder if they asked her if she thought Nia should’ve walked away from her sister.

They’re wrapping other stories up and conversations up. Lena is in a good place with herself and her friends. Kelly has taken on the mantel of Guardian and partner/co-parent with Alex. Alex is a mom with a partner/co-parent. This episode brought closure for Nia’s story. From the synopsis episode 18 has bad news for Brainy that will likely finish his story. Kara’s end should IMO be last.

I'm all for Kara getting an actual arc here, but they're really going back to the whole "can she balance being both Supergirl AND Kara Danvers" well now? Again?? At the very end of the show??? I feel like there were other arcs to do, but oh well. I do like her quitting CatCo though, just because that place has become a bit of a s***show. And I felt like Andrea was less caricature-ish in this episode which was nice. I do generally like her as a foil for Kara.

Glad they resolved the Nia/Maeve storyline. That did feel like a forgotten thread for a while.

I'm all for Kara getting an actual arc here, but they're really going back to the whole "can she balance being both Supergirl AND Kara Danvers" well now? Again?? At the very end of the show??? I feel like there were other arcs to do, but oh well. I do like her quitting CatCo though, just because that place has become a bit of a s***show. And I felt like Andrea was less caricature-ish in this episode which was nice. I do generally like her as a foil for Kara.

Glad they resolved the Nia/Maeve storyline. That did feel like a forgotten thread for a while.

Of course they are. They have not been too subtle about the endgame here.

Kara is going to reveal herself as Supergirl to the world

Nice personal episode. Would actual prefer the season to be more like that than the upteenth Kaiju attack. Also, not a huge fan of what they were subtly comparing the dome too...

Proud mama Alex was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"