Supergirl Season 6, Episode 6: "Prom Again" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Synopsis:

CHYLER LEIGH MAKES HER DIRECTORIAL DEBUT – Part two of the flashback episodes pick up where things left off – Young Kara (guest star Izabela Vidovic) experiences kryptonite for the first time, Nia (Nicole Maines) and Brainy (Jesse Rath) are trapped by invading aliens, and a young Cat Grant (guest star Eliza Helm) may be the reason Supergirl never gets out of the Phantom Zone. Chyler Leigh directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Jess Kardos (#606). Original airdate 5/4/2021

How can a young Cat Grant have anything to do with Kara's current predicament in the Phantom Zone?

Sounds to me like Nia and Brainy are there for some sort of object that young Kara had, and Cat Grant's interference jeopardizes their chances of obtaining said object.

I wonder if the past in this and Prom Night will be old Earth-38 past or Earth-Prime past.

Another time travel ep?

Since Melissa was absent in Prom Night, I wonder if she will be absent in this one too. We know she wasn't there when Chyler directed the episode.

A Final season of Supergirl, without Supergirl for the majority of the season. Great plan CW!

A Final season of Supergirl, without Supergirl for the majority of the season. Great plan CW!

It won't be the majority. So far, five episodes have aired and Benoist has only missed one. And "Supergirl" has missed zero. Young Kara is played by Isobel Vidovic.

It won't be the majority. So far, five episodes have aired and Benoist has only missed one. And "Supergirl" has missed zero. Young Kara is played by Isobel Vidovic.
Young Kara isn't known as Supergirl yet, and in the Phantom Zone Supergirl isn't Super, so Supergirl hasn't truly appear in the show since Episode 1.

Make this the second episode Melissa is absent. She was right that she wasn’t there Chyler directed this.

More than ever I want a Midvale spinoff with young Kara, Alex, and Cat Grant.

Another cute episode (I did get a chuckle out of Cat's "Everyone will know the name: Keira!!" moment), but I'm ready to get the hell on with it. A shame that we'll be taking a 3-month long break right when we finally start moving forward, but oh well. I look forward to next week, anyway.

Another cute episode (I did get a chuckle out of Cat's "Everyone will know the name: Keira!!" moment), but I'm ready to get the hell on with it. A shame that we'll be taking a 3-month long break right when we finally start moving forward, but oh well. I look forward to next week, anyway.
yeah I chuckle at that line, too!
What did they do? Clone Calista?

What idiot writer thought we needed Cat for not one, but both of these episodes? She added nothing, and even getting her inspiration from Dreamer was unnecessary.

I would be okay with a Midvale spin-off actually. Two seasons, 26 episodes, could be fun.

Anyway, yeah, an alright episode. Cat and those silly blue aliens were such a waste too. Hopefully this means after the long hiatus, they can hit the ground running and knock the last 13 episodes out of the park because they'll need to.

They really didn't have Kara's hairbrush or something for her DNA though?

Congrats to Chyler Leigh on her directorial debut too!

Good episode. I did enjoy Brainy and NIa's interactions with the Midvale kids. And the actresses did another amazing job at imitating their older counterparts. I am now hoping Kenny makes his way into the cast.

What idiot writer thought we needed Cat for not one, but both of these episodes? She added nothing, and even getting her inspiration from Dreamer was unnecessary.

Honestly, I felt she added some good weight to some of the thematic elements kind of addressed these episodes. And as much as I enjoyed this episode, it did highlight some of my frustrations with this final season. Kara's final speech about how she didn't pick Midvale, or even that she didn't pick her powers, that is an amazing idea for a final season. Tossing in an idea that she didn't want to be a superhero forever. Those are ideas that should not have been introduced in episode 7. Of course, that is assuming that they will follow up that speech. Which given these writers, who the **** knows.

Well, I'm assuming that she didn't do much 'hero stuff' until the first ep of S1.That would be quite a long break from teenage Kara to mid-twenties Kara not having done any super hero work. So much so, that she hadn't even flown in a while. I can see her putting it aside as more a childhood 'game' that got very real, and she just wasn't ready for it yet. In the intervening years, she matured and, in a way, grew into her powers, so she ended up coming back to them, without being held down by childish fears.

And I too hope Kenny comes back. He would be great to round out the last season, but they would need to get/have the right actor the do the role. The actor who played Kenny had good chemistry with Vidovik, but they would still need to find someone with good chemistry with Benoist.

And yes, could have done so much without the blue aliens. They were way too campy. And in a way, so was young Cat Grant. And how did she not remember seeing a young super girl when Kara finally revealed herself in the first episode..? I'm thinking that would have clicked a memory.

I preferred this week's episode to last week's. I would love a Midvale spin-off and think this would be a way to breathe fresh new life into Supergirl while keeping a connection.

Izabela Vidovic would make a fantastic lead, and if Stargirl can't crossover with adult Supergirl then maybe she can with teen Supergirl instead. It would be more fitting anyway.

Would've preferred if Flash or Batwoman took a hiatus and Supergirl continued alongside Superman and Lois.

Better timetravelling episode than the Legends season premiere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"