Season 6, Episode 4 "Book of the Stranger" Discussion Thread

Looks like [BLACKOUT]Dany is actually fireproof[/BLACKOUT] on the show.

[BLACKOUT]Pink Letter[/BLACKOUT]. :mrk:

Only critique I got - Brienne acts like she's got Lightbringer up her bum. Otherwise another solid 8/10.

Only critique I got - Brienne acts like she's got Lightbringer up her bum. Otherwise another solid 8/10.

Its all those hemorrhoids. Riding a horse for extended periods of time does a number on the ass. :o

Ok I really liked this ep. Great ending.

Loved the Pink letter version in the show.

It was heartbreaking to see Sansa and Jon hug. i would have loved if the entire episode would have been only their conversation catching up (like Jon's reaction to how Ned died. Or Sansa's to everything that happened to Jon)

Jon wearing Stark clothes!!!!

Finally a Dany chapter being interesting (great ending mirroring Season 1's Finale.

Osha's death was surprising. I knew she would eventually had to die but that was fast....

I really hate Brienne for interrupting Davos interrogatory about Shireen. Glad they adressed that he still wants to know (that should end the people claiming he had forgotten her)

And I really liked Tyrion's scenes this time.

7/10

Oh and i loved next week's preview!

Ohhh Dany.

Cii1WuDWEAEoRmE

I'm fairly pleased with this one! 7/10

Jon hadn't seen Sansa since...Season 1 Episode 1 or 2? Finally some kind of Stark family reunion!

Brienne shoving the fact that she executed Stannis in Davos and Mel's faces was something to behold! Wow! So that answers that question and ends any doubt whatsoever that he is gone for good.

Poor Osha - that seemed like a quick and pointless death just to rub someone out in order to mindlessly fulfill the GoT death quota.
shake.gif

I'm inclined to like that ending...but pushing over some braziers and the Khals reacting like some fire from burning oil(?) on the floor was their kyptonite was a bit hard to swallow. It was a high risk gambit too -what if she had been seized before she could have gotten up on that stage to do all that? And was that CGI nudity or really her? She complained about nudeness inequality last month so I thought she was off the hook for more or...?

Anyway, the Castle Black scenes definitely trump everything else! Pretty exciting now! I didn't realize there were so few wildling fighters left -what happened to the army of nearly 100,000 Mance had gathered? I thought at least half would be left after the assault on the Wall, battle with Stannis, and Hardhome.

Last edited:
[BLACKOUT]The reunion at Castle Black gave me all the feels. Even though Jon and Sansa didn't even have any scenes together in the first season, you could just see the hope rekindle in their faces.[/BLACKOUT]

Oh, and Daenerys be like:

tumblr_mv8u2avUSi1qkl8vuo1_500.gif

Dany's smirk throughout that entire scene was great.

I aalso liked how Daario [BLACKOUT]looked at Dany with totally diferent eyes than before. He has never seen her reaction to fire, only that she's the mother of 3 dragons, which is a pretty big deal, but still. This time, he saw her emerging from a burning place, totally unscathed. He doesn't see her as his lover anymore. Now he sees her as a godlike being. Now he truly sees her as his queen[/BLACKOUT]

Sorry for my english

Sansa finally making her play. Love it.

I aalso liked how Daario [BLACKOUT]looked at Dany with totally diferent eyes than before. He has never seen her reaction to fire, only that she's the mother of 3 dragons, which is a pretty big deal, but still. This time, he saw her emerging from a burning place, totally unscathed. He doesn't see her as his lover anymore. Now he sees her as a godlike being. Now he truly sees her as his queen[/BLACKOUT]

Sorry for my english

You dont have to apologize for your english. Its damn good. I wouldnt be able to tell it wasn't your mother tongue if you didn't tell us.

And yeah the days of Daario bragging about "Riding the dragon." are probably done. He now sees her for what she really is which is more than some words and dragons. Shes the real deal.

About Tyrion, Im scared he is setting himself up for a "For the Wall" moment. He is pissing off a lot of people in Mereen. And this late in the show I fear his plot armor is going to run out.

I think Tormund wants to climb Mount Brienne.

They dowdy Brienne down but I find Gwendolyn Christie very attractive. She exudes so much personality

I loved how Jon was like, "nope, I'm done with this. Going south and good luck with your Long Night.

A shame we didn't get to see more of Tonks' ....Tonks.

This season is killing all the extraneous characters. :hehe: I thought Royce was gonna get sliced and diced too.

We better have a chat regarding Bears between Tormund and Brienne next week:woot:

You dont have to apologize for your english. Its damn good. I wouldnt be able to tell it wasn't your mother tongue if you didn't tell us.

And yeah the days of Daario bragging about "Riding the dragon." are probably done. He now sees her for what she really is which is more than some words and dragons. Shes the real deal.

About Tyrion, Im scared he is setting himself up for a "For the Wall" moment. He is pissing off a lot of people in Mereen. And this late in the show I fear his plot armor is going to run out.

Thanks! I studied English for 10 years at school but still....

I don't see Tyrion's plot armour running out. Not until he returns to Westeros, anyway. I mean, we need a re-union of Tyrion an Cersei. Her face when she sees her alive and with Daenerys should be gold...😬😬

Poor Loras. I'm looking forward to whatever Cersei has planned for the High Sparrow. I'm rooting for Cersei. *sigh*

great ending. question is are those (0Y0)s cgi? ;).

#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa
#Jon&Sansa