The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 10 "New Best Friends" Discussion Thread

Whether it was Andrew Lincoln or Nerdy Ryan Seacrest ... Doesn't matter. The comparison is laughable.

It's pretty similar. The only difference is that these people didn't care if the monster was killed.

The Saviors are really getting to Richard. I was very surprised he would use Carol (unbeknownst to her) as the fall guy for his plan to ambush the Saviors in order to push Ezekiel to take a stand against them. I sympathize with Richard but that was wrong. Daryl was right not to participate. It seems that they’re setting up Richard to sacrifice himself for the Kingdom in order to push Ezekiel to join the fight against the Saviors.

I figured the stranger with the boots was connected to this new group, who took Gabriel and forced him to raid the pantry I don’t trust Jadis’ group, who look like they came off of CW’s The 100. Jadis seems to have an ulterior motive for forming an alliance with Rick against the Saviors. She even told Rick that her group takes but don’t bother. I believe she’s going to ambush Rick and co. once they’re given guns. So now Rick and co. are not only jumping through hoops for the Saviors bidding but now for Jadis’ group to scavenge guns, which they don‘t have. Rick and co. are so desperate to recruit strangers that they didn’t bother questioning Jadis’ motives for helping them, if they’ll fulfill their end of the deal once given the guns, or if her group would ambush them when given the guns. Can this group even fight? Tara and Rosita were putting up a fight against some of them. Jadis’ group (just like the Saviors) take from people without actually earning it. I don’t trust this group or believe this alliance will last long. I also find it hard to believe that they never cross paths with the Saviors before.

Looks like Morgan will be forced to use guns now that his bo staff was taken from him. I’m glad that he called Daryl out for not telling Carol what happened between Rick and the Saviors after she left. Proving to Daryl that they both aren’t that much different from each other.

B/c of what Carol is going through I understand why Daryl didn’t tell her what happened to him, Glenn, and Abe. However hiding the truth and keeping secrets is going to make things worse for them. Carol is going to have to find out eventually and get involved. He only gave her false hope. I also think it’s dumb for Daryl to leave the Kingdom and head to the Hilltop on foot b/c the Saviors are still hunting him. Why didn’t he ask anybody from the Kingdom to loan him a vehicle?

The spiked walker was a clever trap. I wasn’t sure how Rick would defeat it.

Next week’s episode looks like will be Dwight and Eugene centric. And seems focus on the aftermath of Daryl’s escape through the Saviors perspective. I was wondering what happened to Dwight during Daryl’s escape in the mid season finale b/c he didn't join Negan at the ASZ to confront Rick about Carl's attack on the compound.

I think they are making it pretty clear besides Richard sacrificing himself for the Kingdom it will be the kid Morgan is training and Ezekiel looks after that will die and be the thing that makes the Kingdom join in the fight. My guess the next time Ezekiel's group meets with Negan's men, the kid will be killed as punishment for the disrespect Negan's men felt this week.

And it will be Rosita's death that sparks Tara coming clean about the well armed women's group.

Not bad, I liked the Mad Max inspirations.

So how many more episodes until Father Gabriel dies? :funny: I can't believe how much he's grown as a character.

That was some outstanding acting out of Seth Gilliam last night.

Few things:

The junkyard folks must have played Mortal Kombat before the apocalypse. You could substitute Winslow for Goro or Reptile and it's a similar bout of test your might.

Daryl protecting Carol from the truth...I imagine it's because she's been through enough as it is and he'll tell her later. That said.

I get the feeling, even though they have thick plot armor, that either Daryl or Rosita could meet an end later. Rosita partially because she's so dead set on going out on her own, and Daryl just because he could end up being spotted by the Saviors since they're already looking for him.

Not sure what to make of the junkyard folks, but hopefully they become reliable allies for Rick and company. Or at least Jadis keeps her word, anyway.

And yeah, I think someone's going to have to die to push Ezekiel into joining the fight because right now his followers are getting their butts handed to them and he's telling them to stand down. And Morgan losing his stick? That's gonna be a turning point for him.

From the spoilers I've read, they've been beefing up Rosita's role because another character is basically done with the show.

[BLACKOUT]Sasha[/BLACKOUT] is the only "major" character to die in this second half of the season. Notice how [BLACKOUT]Sasha[/BLACKOUT] has pretty much no lines and has barely been in the show anymore. Rumor (or spoiler) is, they're giving [BLACKOUT]Sasha[/BLACKOUT] Holly's death from the comics in the final episode.

I was literally laughing at the green screen. It was SO bad. :funny:

I just rewatched it and...there is a plane that flies past Rick the second time we see him atop the trash heap.

A. Plane.

And I see the writers continuing to be teases with Carol and Daryl. KISS ALREADY.

They're not teasing anything. Carol and Daryl are not a romance waiting to happen. In fact, I don't think Daryl will end up with anyone.

Well, I did not foresee Richard turning into a quasi-villain. He needs to die now.

This new group is going to bother me if they don't learn how to speak in proper sentences.

Winslow looked like the Mouth of Sauron.

Getting a puncture wound in a post-apocalyptic junkyard sounds like the most unsanitary thing ever. I was squeamish just looking at it.

More Saviors next week. Blech.

And I see the writers continuing to be teases with Carol and Daryl. KISS ALREADY.

I think Ezekiel/Carol is being teased harder than Daryl/Carol. I mean, he brought her cobbler because he knows she likes it. :ilv:

Did The Talking Dead REALLY just compare the gladiator zombie scene to the Rancor scene in Return of the Jedi? :funny: This show freaking wishes. That scene was lame.

And I see the writers continuing to be teases with Carol and Daryl. KISS ALREADY

You know what this reminds me of, everything from the way these two interact, to their personalities and how they keep on teasing. This reminds me of the relationship that Mulder and Scully had on The X Files. And you know they dragged that crap out till the very end.

The new group of red shirts are really annoying. But those Carol and Daryl scenes are everything. Gimple has made a huge mistake separating them for as long as he has when they have one of the strongest relationships on the show.

This new group is going to bother me if they don't learn how to speak in proper sentences.
Yes, I agree. I was already getting bored with them after the second commercial break.

Winslow looked like the Mouth of Sauron.

YES! I agree! It was bothering the hell out of me of what that think reminded me of, and then it hit me, Mouth or Sauron!

Getting a puncture wound in a post-apocalyptic junkyard sounds like the most unsanitary thing ever. I was squeamish just looking at it.
I'm still trying to figure out how they can have the virus in them, not die, but then a walker can just bite them, (it's got the same kind of virus, no?) and then they die and become a walker. It makes no sense.

I think Ezekiel/Carol is being teased harder than Daryl/Carol. I mean, he brought her cobbler because he knows she likes it. :ilv:

I agree about the Ezekiel/Carol thing, but honestly, I see it as a set up where it's going to be used to get Daryl jealous, and he does something stupid to Ezekiel. But, I loved the part with Daryl and the Shiva.
I wonder if it might be Daryl that Shiva sacrifices herself for instead of Ezekiel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"