Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

None of these leaks matter anyway... We have our own Three Eyed Raven right here on these boards... He can see the future!
We are so lucky to have them.

You would think they would have better defenses by now. :( Unless they like the hype the leaks get them.

I'm thinking this too. Or who knows, maybe they deliberately planned this, since it's coming down to the final straw for them, and there is no such thing as bad press.

I find her new personality to be unappealing and the way she talks to Jon, quite off putting. Many others seem to feel the same way and I can definitely see why she has been hated this season.

Especially this! Jon has been nothing but respectful towards her, and despite her advisers all telling her how he one of the few souls in Westoros that can be totally trustworth, she has been nothing but a female dog towards him.

Ok guys, new rules. Keep speculation and spoilers to their designated threads. We've got certain people who've CLEARLY read the spoilers posting their "theories" in the episode threads trying to pass them off as speculation. So unfortunately, now we have to say, no more speculation in the episode threads. If I see a post of speculation in this or other episode threads, I will be deleting it, whether it lines up with the spoilers or not.

These threads are now for discussing the events of the episodes ONLY. These should be the safe spaces where people who are determined to avoid the spoilers can still discuss the show.

Last edited:
IT'S A FREAKING WAR!!!! In war, you kill the other side's soldiers, that's kind of how it works. People who keep saying "well she shouldn't have killed those men, blah blah blah" just show that they've never been in a war.

And now, she DIDN'T get everything in dishonorable way.

I'm sorry, but this notion that she's the villain, or going crazy, because she took out a legitimate military target (Jon would have done the same thing if he'd had a dragon while fighting the Bolton's, or Stannis at Blackwater) is ludicrous.

People let their dislike of her cause them to ignore context, logic, and reason.

The people on this show should just listen to what Edwin Starr said about war.:o

No. If Jon, Tyrion, or Jamie had done this exact same thing my reaction would be the exact same reaction. She literally said to Tyrion that the Lannisters have the food she needs to feed her troops and then in the very next scene SHE BURNS ALL THE FOOD SHE NEEDS TO FEED HER TROOPS!!!

She could have just as easily strafed all the troops and incinerated them all. She had absolutely no reason to burn ALL THE FOOD. I don't care about her killing Lannister troops. It's war, soldiers die, fine. She was shown clearly killing troops without burning wagons but then because she is a horrible, irrational twit she decides to swing around and burn all the wagons too.

Yep. This show does take place in a world where summers and winters can last for years. And summer is over so Dany burning the food isn't really a good sign to the citizens or Westeros.

Rewatched the episode. Just noticed Brienne swing at Arya after she lost her sword. W, T, and F.

The Waif on steroids. :p

He was talking about a weightlifting duel.

Brienne could use Arya for weights. :p

Yep. This show does take place in a world where summers and winters can last for years. And summer is over so Dany burning the food isn't really a good sign to the citizens or Westeros.

A small percentage of it I'd reckon, the stores looted from Highgarden specifically. They hadn't yet collected from the numerous farms all over the Reach.

In a real fight Brienne would destroy Arya.

To be fair, Ayra is aware of this. Her advice to Pod was "don't fight someone like her."

So Ayra probably wouldn't try to engage in a direct fight with Brienne, she would most likely go about it in a more covert way.

Seems to be that Arya was trained in secret death so yeah, she wouldn't Brienne head on unless she had no choice.

Ok, Ok, in a duel Brienne wins, if Arya goes to her ninja style Brienne lose.

Ok, Ok, in a duel Brienne wins, if Arya goes to her ninja style Brienne lose.

More or less. I mean, Faceless Men are basically magical Ninja's, and if you're fighting a Ninja, the already failed at their job. If they've done their job right, you're dead without knowing they were there.

SqW3EOy.jpg

Im convinced Arya would be crafty and quick enough to land a kill blow if she's quick enough to dodge all of Brienne's attacks. Like a quick stroke across the the throat.

More or less. I mean, Faceless Men are basically magical Ninja's, and if you're fighting a Ninja, the already failed at their job. If they've done their job right, you're dead without knowing they were there.

Yea she's a stealth assassin her she's pretty good at one on one face to face fighting, but her training is basically magical ninjitsu.

Last edited:
IN a real fight, i feel arya would get the upper hand... then get cocky... babble about BRIENNE NOT PROTECTING HER MOTHER! HE BROTHER! HER SISTER! ....KILLED DEYYYY CHILDREN!!!!!!

Then get knocked on her ash and Brienne would proceed to crush her skull like a grape...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"