Season 7, Episode 4 "The Spoils of War" Discussion Thread

Dany is essentially much better than most other potential conquerors in her position but she is still a Targaryen in the GoT universe and much more ruthless than the average SHH poster :woot: in what she's capable of. Given the relative good points she has compared to other potential rulers it's not surprising that many fight for her out of intense loyalty when they are free not to, rather than fear or just duty to their people.

They only like their meat well done.

I think this guy might be medium rare, no patience that day.

dragondeathgif.gif
Save

And get slaughtered on sight? Any soldier that turns is going to be murdered by any number of the thousands of men they are working with. Theres nothing realistic or reasonable about the scenario you pose

Well that means that the Lannister army is not a conscript army. It's made up of people who mainly want to fight for them so there's no reason to feel sorry for them if the Dragons turn them into firewood.

Dany also did the North a favor. She destroyed the Lannister army so now they don't have to worry about guarding their Southern border against a attack by them, something they were concerned with in episode 1 or 2. Jon Snow can't say she did nothing for him. If there are any Lannister troops still in the Riverlands like the ones Arya encountered she should send the unsullied there to eliminate the rest of them. I'm sure the Riverland would join her to get some payback against the Lannisters. We could get another Ed Sheeran cameo this time with Grey Worm sticking a spear in his throat

Last edited:
Essos clothing is filled with spices... gave the chicken more flavaaa

Blown away by these fearless stuntmen. They set actual stuntmen on fire, but it paid off. The whole battle scene is one of the best in the show's history.

[YT]pE2wcBeyNdk[/YT]

Who says the soldiers have no choice? They are the army Cersi/Jamie don't have the power to force them to do anything. Once they are armed they can easily rebel against the Lannisters and kill them. If they don't want to fight Dany's dragons they can just go home and stay neutral or join her in overthrowing Cersi.

If they choose to stand against her than they have to expect what comes next.

???? You haven't been paying attention to this show, have you? If you think the lowly soldiers have any choice or say into the matter, you are badly mistaken. Look what Eddard Stark did to the first Watch Tower deserter we come across in the show. Did he give the man, who clearly was scared out of his mind, any mercy? No, he beheaded him. And now this is Cersei we are talking about. All the soldiers fighting for her, more than likely she has their families held hostage somewhere, so either they fight for her, or their family will get killed. And now, Dany wants them to bend at the knee or die. These poor guys, they get killed either way, because of a bunch of mad women. No wonder why the men were careful in this time to let a woman be nothing more than a pawn, because once she gets power, she gets crazy.....

Did Dany's dragon burn all of the food that Jaime's troops were transporting? It looked like she was targetting their wagons as much as the soldiers, if not more so. I think that was a mistake if it was the case. All of that food could have been shipped to the fortress where the Unsullied are stationed. That would allow them to keep Cercei from being able to take it back.

I wonder if Jaime is going to survive this encounter. Or Bromm for that matter. I know they survived the actual battle. But will they be taken prisoner? Sent back to Cercei with an ultimatum of surrender? Maybe one of them is held prisoner while the other is sent with the ultimatum?

Guess I'll have to wait until Sunday to find out.

It seems there were some survivors in the preview. So it seems she didn't burn everything, but it sure looked like she did.

Did Dany's dragon burn all of the food that Jaime's troops were transporting? It looked like she was targetting their wagons as much as the soldiers, if not more so. I think that was a mistake if it was the case. All of that food could have been shipped to the fortress where the Unsullied are stationed. That would allow them to keep Cercei from being able to take it back.

Yes, she definitely looked like she was deliberately targeting the supply lines. I don't know if it's because she thought maybe there might have been gold in them, or if she was thinking that taking out the food that was going to supply the Lannisters army would starve them out and persuade them to come to her side, but the notion that we were seeing this attack mostly from the eyes of Jamie and Bronn, I felt the director's intentions of this scene were quite clear.

I wonder if Jaime is going to survive this encounter. Or Bromm for that matter. I know they survived the actual battle. But will they be taken prisoner? Sent back to Cercei with an ultimatum of surrender? Maybe one of them is held prisoner while the other is sent with the ultimatum?

Good question on this one, but the moderators prohibit us from talking about presumptions, rumors and spoilers of episodes that have yet to happen, unless it's in the spoiler thread. I too hope both survived, for particular reasons and wishes of my own, but I cannot talk about them here.

Last edited:

As big a character that Jamie has been the entire series, I cant see him dying like that. I think they'd make it a bigger moment and wouldnt leave it on a cliffhanger. When I think back to all the major deaths, they are memorable, shocking, and/or poignant scenes. Jamie going out like that seems so anticlimatic

Yeah, Jaime's not going out like this. He still has unfinished business. Bronn, on the other hand, how he didn't die in that battle is nothing short of a miracle.

Bronn surely doesn't have many episodes left.

It seems there were some survivors in the preview. So it seems she didn't burn everything, but it sure looked like she did.

Randyll Tarly said there were some stragglers who deserved a flogging, so presumably there were some soldiers and maybe even some wagons that didn't get torched.

These fan edits are getting really clever. Loved that :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"