Self isolation

I put up a projector and a 120 inch screen in my home theatre. I would have gotten a bigger tv, but a 92 inch wouldn’t have quite fit. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to an IMAX or XD theatre and thought ”I need a bigger garage“. lol

I went out on the internet and got advice on the best settings. Didn’t feel like shelling out any more dough.
rtings.com ?

rtings.com ?

After sleeping on it (literally), I think that was it.
@flickchick85 Girl, you go get those calibration settings fixed!!! (Prolly already done.....)

BTW, thanks for the post.

After all of my blabbing and telling people what to do, I realized I hadn't calibrated my own TV that I got for my Command Center. (Fixed :O)

Last edited:
True Blood started out good then turned into a campy soap opera.

That can be a good thing. LOL. I'm just finishing up season 1. When did you think it started to go down(up?)hill?

Last edited:
For me, this whole isolation thing means a lot of cooking weird things. I made some beef jerky yesterday. I got a london broil, sliced it thin, put it in a pyrex baking pan, and added soy sauce, a bit of worchester sauce, crushed pepper, minced jalapenos, garlic and onion powder and some seasoning from Red Robin. Made some last week and it came out so good, I sent some home to my wife, ate the rest, and decided to make some more. You let it marinate for a day or so, then bake it at a low heat. You put a toothpick through the top of the strip and hang it from the grate in the oven. Don't forget to put some foil or something underneath as it drips a little. It takes 4-6 hours depending on thickness. I'm going to make those buffalo wings I've been jonesing for and make a big salad. Prolly use those limes I've been saving and make some margaritas.

So, I bought some new headphones and it's probably the best pair I had in a while. It's built and sound like the $100+ pair studio headphones and it's both bluetooth and wired. So If anyone is looking for new headphones, check it out.

Amazon Link

The weather is perfect here today (70s). I opened up all the windows and walked around the village for more than an hour. No masks but everyone is respectful and avoiding each other. Walking and breathing in fresh air does wonders for your mental health. :up: I’m now at my backyard with a glass of wine watching my dog playing. This is probably the most stress free I’ve felt in a while. I hope everyone’s doing good!

Last edited:
After sleeping on it (literally), I think that was it.
@flickchick85 Girl, you go get those calibration settings fixed!!! (Prolly already done.....)

BTW, thanks for the post.

After all of my blabbing and telling people what to do, I realized I hadn't calibrated my own TV that I got for my Command Center. (Fixed :O)
I calibrate to my own damn tastes, lol.

I calibrate to my own damn tastes, lol.
This girl knows what she likes even if she can’t cook.

I’m thinking the recommended settings are too warm for me. I’m gonna go all wild in my isolation and raise the k value (edit-I mean temp :O ) of my picture. I told y’all I live on the edge.

EDIT: I just changed the Color Tone from Warm 2 (recommended) to Standard! :woo:

Last edited:
Y'know I was thinking last night how much fun it would be if we had a big pool party after all of this was over. Of course, the logistics of doing this would be quite formidable, but it would still be fun. My plan, yet to be approved by my wife, is to sell our overpriced home in West LA and move back to Santa Cruz. A friend of mine I went to school with and is currently living in SF is thinking along the same lines and wants to buy a lot we can build on. This whole pandemic has got me wondering why I'm out there working so hard.

I want a nice swimming pool and would like it to be enclosed with at least one side that opens onto a nice patio. "Why enclosed?" you might ask? We'll I've always wanted a home theater/swimming pool/bbq combo. I have this idea of floating chairs anchored by lines attached to the bottom of the pool on either side of the chair so it will always face the screen. I'd need a light cannon of a projector and about a 160" screen (more or less).

I'll prep and cook. Maybe @MissMarvelous87 can help with the clean up (since she appears to value this) and @flickchick85 ? Well, she can watch movies and eat food that's dropped off to her. :cwink: Maybe we can get @Schlosser85 to help serve. He can wear his mask and foggy glasses.

OK. That's my imaginary party. What's yours?

EDIT-(Almost) Everyone is invited....

Last edited:
Question here. How often is everyone bathing since the pandemic?

Twice a day on days I am working. I get a shower in the morning then one in the evening after getting home from work.

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh......I KNEW someone was going to bring this up. I'm shaving about once a week and showering maybe 2 or 3 times a week as I'm working from home. Is your Libido getting the better of you? :D

I usually shower twice a day; every weekday morning and at the gym after my workout. Once or twice on weekends. Every Sunday for sure.

Do you want any more details?:oldrazz:

I’m rocking lockdown hair, both head and facial...
Have decided to not have a cut or shave until we are allowed back outside.
Then a photo followed by a swift shave and cut!

I’m rocking lockdown hair, both head and facial...
Have decided to not have a cut or shave until we are allowed back outside.
Then a photo followed by a swift shave and cut!

I was gonna do the hair thing, but my wife told me I was starting to look like Bozo....my hair grows.........out.....esp from the sides. She cut it......

I can't let a beard grow. I get these ingrown hairs....hurts.....

I wear the same t-shirt and cargo shorts for about 5 days. No shoes. Tevas and flip flops.

Gotta say, those hot sauces I got after my random Hot Ones binge turned out to be my best impulse buy during this quarantine. That s***'s been delicious on everything.

Gotta say, those hot sauces I got after my random Hot Ones binge turned out to be my best impulse buy during this quarantine. That s***'s been delicious on everything.

What are their names and what do they taste like? If you can be a little more specific than "good", it will be appreciated. :oldrazz:

I'm always looking for spicy sauces for chicken wings, Bloody Marys, etc. I usually use a combination of crushed garlic, El Pato (spicy tomato sauce), and Crystal hot sauce for my chicken wings. I'm slightly partial to the extra hot, but both have a "good" flavor. It's a little saltier than tabasco, less vinegary, and, while spicy, doesn't have the sharp bite tabasco does.

What are their names and what do they taste like? If you can be a little more specific than "good", it will be appreciated. :oldrazz:

I'm always looking for spicy sauces for chicken wings, Bloody Marys, etc. I usually use a combination of crushed garlic, El Pato (spicy tomato sauce), and Crystal hot sauce for my chicken wings. I'm slightly partial to the extra hot, but both have a "good" flavor. It's a little saltier than tabasco, less vinegary, and, while spicy, doesn't have the sharp bite tabasco does.
I don't go for the crazy hot sauces that have the guests on the verge of tears, so I bought a few low heat sauces. One's called the Small Axe Pepper Chicago Hot sauce. It's a bit of a mustard-y hot sauce that goes great on hot dogs and burgers. But it's the least versatile of the 3 I got and therefore probably my least fave. Another one is the Cantina Royal Tamaulipeka sauce. That's a nice smoky one that's ideal for marinating BBQ but honestly tastes great on everything. I love putting it on eggs. It's got a nice delayed kick to it. My fave and the most unique-tasting of the bunch is Shaquanda's Hot Pepper Sauce. It's a habanero/tumeric sauce that has this awesome sweet tangy, almost fruity flavor to it. I honestly forget it's a hot sauce because the heat is overshadowed by the flavor. And so far it tastes great on everything - I've added to to an omelet, some chili, beef brisket, grilled chicken, and one of my Daily Harvest cauliflower rice bowls that was kind of bland. It just makes everything better, lol.

I don't go for the crazy hot sauces that have the guests on the verge of tears, so I bought a few low heat sauces. One's called the Small Axe Pepper Chicago Hot sauce. It's a bit of a mustard-y hot sauce that goes great on hot dogs and burgers. But it's the least versatile of the 3 I got and therefore probably my least fave. Another one is the Cantina Royal Tamaulipeka sauce. That's a nice smoky one that's ideal for marinating BBQ but honestly tastes great on everything. I love putting it on eggs. It's got a nice delayed kick to it. My fave and the most unique-tasting of the bunch is Shaquanda's Hot Pepper Sauce. It's a habanero/tumeric sauce that has this awesome sweet tangy, almost fruity flavor to it. I honestly forget it's a hot sauce because the heat is overshadowed by the flavor. And so far it tastes great on everything - I've added to to an omelet, some chili, beef brisket, grilled chicken, and one of my Daily Harvest cauliflower rice bowls that was kind of bland. It just makes everything better, lol.

I’ve actually heard of Shaquanda’s. Habaneros are great but need to be handled with care. I used to grow them and once inadvertently itched my eye while making some salsa. Good training for avoiding viral infections I suppose, but wasn’t thinking along those lines at the time.

Ha, trashy tv is the best. I loved nailed it which isn’t trash but it is very sweet and wholesome. Definitely as far away from something like breaking bad as it’s possible to get haha
Speaking of trashy TV, I’m on S2 of True Blood and am I the only one who thinks Anna Paquin is related to Holly Hunter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"